Amid criticism, Austin film theater doubles down on female-only ‘Wonder Woman’ showing

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
The funny thing is that they can easily get away with this in Texas because there is no PA law there.

Amid criticism, Austin film theater doubles down on female-only ‘Wonder Woman’ showing

Management at a Texas movie theater laughed off criticism over alleged sexism in their decision to hold a women’s-only premiere of the film “Wonder Woman” starring the Israeli actress Gal Gadot.

The backlash, which prompted the film theater chain to expand its women’s only program to other franchises, took place on Facebook against the Austin franchise of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema chain of theaters following the Austin theater’s announcement on social media that it will be hosting a women’s-only screening Wednesday.
''

What happens, however, when they try this in a State with much more stringent PA laws like New York?

What if I went to the theatre and told them "I identify as a woman", would I then be allowed entrance or would they discriminate against me just because physically I am male?

Great marketing ploy.

even the attempt to try it in another state would increase patronage.

I LOVE wonder woman!

I even have the cartoon feature length version, and it was AWESOME. I watched it over and over....

I'm looking forward to this one.

The funny thing is that they can easily get away with this in Texas because there is no PA law there.

Management at a Texas movie theater laughed off criticism over alleged sexism in their decision to hold a women’s-only premiere of the film “Wonder Woman” starring the Israeli actress Gal Gadot.

The backlash, which prompted the film theater chain to expand its women’s only program to other franchises, took place on Facebook against the Austin franchise of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema chain of theaters following the Austin theater’s announcement on social media that it will be hosting a women’s-only screening Wednesday.
''

What happens, however, when they try this in a State with much more stringent PA laws like New York?
Gonna be a lot of wet noodles..

Forum List

Back