America's sick with homophobia

Not really, it's you, and people like you, who do most of the "loathing" when it comes to gay men

I can accept that. Fags never take anything seriously. I take my loathing of them seriously.
That's a fantastic way to live life...having fun hating people.....hmmm.....

Hating people is a part time sport for me, when I come into contact with people like you, on sites like these.

See! It's not so bad to hate! :lol:
Atually it's bad, and I don't like it, but people like you deserve it

Only people with conflicted feelings are torn by hate. I hate who I hate as if they raped my sister or wife and shot my children. Except... there is no sense of loss involved. My children are fine..so are the x's and sister.

And no I don't "deserve" it.. I feel nothing about it. The evidence is clear ...what I witness is clear. My hate is truer than your stupid made up religions.

When the bullshit is stripped away and all that is left are the bare facts it is easy to be disgusted with much of the population. You are the one's living the lie..not me.
Well....you know how it goes....whoever dies happiest wins, and if hate makes you happy...more power to you.

But you will have to explain it all to God again someday.

I'm happiest actually being happy, and who am I to poopoo someone being happy while hating.

No, I'm not talking about the term as it's popularly used, I'm talking about real homophobia, the fear of affectionate gestures between men.

In Asia, men who are friends walk hand in hand while talking. In Europe they greet each other with a kiss on each cheek. Here we fist bump. It got me wondering if fear of homosexuality fuels our obsession with it, whether it be affinity or angry opposition to it.

That's another thing the rest of the world has in common, a lack of passion on homosexuality either way. They have a live and let live attitude toward alternative lifestyle whereas here people are either pushing it in everyone's face or fighting against it. Fathers fear intimacy with their sons because it might turn them gay, friends dread a simple backrub because in our culture that kind of thing is always sexual.

I have to wonder if we really do have a problem with homophobia in America and why our culture is so terrified of the male to male affection that seems to come so naturally to the rest of the world.

What's wrong with us?

If your having gay thoughts about men, and seeking to show affection to them...perhaps you should just do that instead of thinking there is something wrong with all of us who don't.
The OP thinks having gay thoughts or feelings is viewed as a thought crime, and that most straight men have issues with showing affection to other men. Which isn't obviously the case, unless someone is a member of Westboro or a Neo Nazi group.

But hugging does not equal sexual feelings! This the problem!
Well....you know how it goes....whoever dies happiest wins, and if hate makes you happy...more power to you.

I'm happiest actually being happy, and who am I to poopoo someone being happy while hating.

Nobody I really know "hates" homosexuals. They just hate/won't have the idea of them hijacking the word marriage to the demise of children involved. That's really the long and short of it.

Or if you are having ZERO feelings of sexuality towards your fellow man or women, go ahead and hug them too. Why not? Why does wanting to support and feel empathy for/from your fellow man have to have any sexual attachments whatsoever?

The problem is the steeping, not the tea. Hug does not = sex.

Nobody I really know "hates" homosexuals. They just hate/won't have the idea of them hijacking the word marriage to the demise of children involved. That's really the long and short of it.
It's a very logical reaction to hate someone that threatens your children

No, I'm not talking about the term as it's popularly used, I'm talking about real homophobia, the fear of affectionate gestures between men.

In Asia, men who are friends walk hand in hand while talking. In Europe they greet each other with a kiss on each cheek. Here we fist bump. It got me wondering if fear of homosexuality fuels our obsession with it, whether it be affinity or angry opposition to it.

That's another thing the rest of the world has in common, a lack of passion on homosexuality either way. They have a live and let live attitude toward alternative lifestyle whereas here people are either pushing it in everyone's face or fighting against it. Fathers fear intimacy with their sons because it might turn them gay, friends dread a simple backrub because in our culture that kind of thing is always sexual.

I have to wonder if we really do have a problem with homophobia in America and why our culture is so terrified of the male to male affection that seems to come so naturally to the rest of the world.

What's wrong with us?
My father, brother and I never hug or touch each other, ever.

My son hugs me, and he and his friends give each other hugs.

Maybe it's a generational thing.

Got a link?
Pretty much every Gay Pride Parade and Festival I've been to in San Diego, San Francisco, Rochester, Long Beach, New York City, Los Angeles, and Palm Springs. How may Gay Pride Parades and Festivals have YOU been to?

I'll take that as a no.
How many Gay Pride Parades and Festivals have YOU been to?

You first, link?
I just told you how many different Gay Pride Parades I've been to....3 in San Diego, 1 in San Francisco, 1 in Rochester (my parents drove the Red Cross truck in the parade), 2 in Long Beach, 1 in NYC, 1 in LA, and 2 in Palm Springs.....that makes 11 so far.

I even started a few commentary threads while at parades/festivals:

Gay Pride San Diego today US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

2nd Annual San Diego Gay Pride Report US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

2014 Palm Springs Gay Pride Report US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So....How many Gay Pride Parades and Festivals have YOU been to?

I have been to 5- 4 in San Francisco- 1 in NY City.

There have been floats or groups for the family of homosexuals in every one.

Even though homophobes are a threat to everyone's children- I don't hate them.

I hate everyone, and everything that threatens our children, like Muslim Extremists, drug abuse, bad grades, and birth defects....but gays have been around forever, and they don't hurt children in greater or lesser percentages than straight people do....and when they do hurt children, they hurt them in ways that any straight person could. Two men kissing each other doesn't hurt anybody, if they're both gay adults.

EDIT*****When I wrote what is above, I thought I was responding to Sillhouette, my bad

I hate everyone, and everything that threatens our children, like Muslim Extremists, drug abuse, bad grades, and birth defects....but gays have been around forever, and they don't hurt children in greater or lesser precentages than straight people do....and whn they do hurt children, they hurt them in ways that any straight person could. Two men kissing each other doesn't hurt anybody, if they're bot gay adults.

I refuse to allow my life to be ruled by hate- or infect my child with that kind of hate.

But I am glad you recognize the issue is not straight vs gay.

I hate everyone, and everything that threatens our children, like Muslim Extremists, drug abuse, bad grades, and birth defects....but gays have been around forever, and they don't hurt children in greater or lesser precentages than straight people do....and whn they do hurt children, they hurt them in ways that any straight person could. Two men kissing each other doesn't hurt anybody, if they're bot gay adults.

I refuse to allow my life to be ruled by hate- or infect my child with that kind of hate.

But I am glad you recognize the issue is not straight vs gay.
I allow myself that charcter defect...homicidal racist gay haters will get all of may hatred.

People who get laid regularly don't usually conflate hugging with sex.

It's only repressed prudes and righties too old to get any, that have a problem with contraception, women, and gays having sex

Got a link?
Pretty much every Gay Pride Parade and Festival I've been to in San Diego, San Francisco, Rochester, Long Beach, New York City, Los Angeles, and Palm Springs. How may Gay Pride Parades and Festivals have YOU been to?

I'll take that as a no.

You first, link?
I just told you how many different Gay Pride Parades I've been to....3 in San Diego, 1 in San Francisco, 1 in Rochester (my parents drove the Red Cross truck in the parade), 2 in Long Beach, 1 in NYC, 1 in LA, and 2 in Palm Springs.....that makes 11 so far.

2nd Annual San Diego Gay Pride Report US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

2014 Palm Springs Gay Pride Report US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Your own personal blog wasn't really what I had in mind when I asked for a link, but a deals a deal. I don't do parades, festivals or ball games for that matter, I don't do crowds.

What's wrong with us?

If your having gay thoughts about men, and seeking to show affection to them...perhaps you should just do that instead of thinking there is something wrong with all of us who don't.
The OP thinks having gay thoughts or feelings is viewed as a thought crime, and that most straight men have issues with showing affection to other men. Which isn't obviously the case, unless someone is a member of Westboro or a Neo Nazi group.
Really? When did I say that?

Stop lying, Leftists!

Anyway, it's not homophobia to not hug people. That was the way I was raised. No one in my family hugged. That was just the way it was. It doesn't mean we don't love each. It isn't good to judge people based on cultural differences.

What's wrong with us? Maybe it's the Bill of Rights. Americans have the Constitutional right to be disgusted by open displays of homosexuality and "alternate lifestyles" just as sissies have the Constitutional right to use the word "homophobe". Live with it or keep whining. Most normal people don't give a shit anyway.
The frequent misuse of the word homophobia has crowded out the legitimate use of it..

LOL- and you are the arbiter of what is the 'legitimate use"?

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Seems fairly straight forward to me.
Wrong. A sign of stupidity is being no smarter than the dictionary which is beholden to the idiot axiom. Words get defined down through prolific misuse. Being an uneducated moron, you've never studied Greek roots, a language far more sophisticated than English and is the standard, along with Latin, with which unambiguous meanings are assigned to words, meanings that can't be corrupted by the idiot axiom of which you are a part.

Homo means "same". Phobia means "fear". Nothing there implies discrimination or hatred, or even homosexuality. Fear of sameness cannot be interpreted as a fear or antipathy toward homosexuals. Conservatives are smarter than Leftists. I am smarter than the modern dictionary which caters to ignorance, not intelligence, and I'm smarter than you.

Anyway, it's not homophobia to not hug people. That was the way I was raised. No one in my family hugged. That was just the way it was. It doesn't mean we don't love each. It isn't good to judge people based on cultural differences.
It is homophobia in the strictest definition of the word which has nothing to do with homosexuality. Fear of sameness expressed in a visceral aversion to intimate touching of someone of the same gender is homophobia. That's beyond dispute. Where opinion is interjected is in the judgement of whether this is healthy and desirable or not. That's where we have a difference of opinion as I consider any family with males that aren't physically affectionate to be dysfunctional.

It's ok to disagree with that.

I said their existence was wrong?????????????????????????????

Why do you hate black people so much, why do you want to kill them all?

What, I'm making shit up and talking out my ass just like you did? Wait what it makes me look stupid as you do????

Gays need a parade because of people like me who advocate removing Governments strangle hold on not allowing gays to marry................................................................................................................................................
You oppose gay pride days because you think gays shouldn't even exist, and therefore "wrong"
In Averysud's defense he never said that. It's HUGGY who wants to kill off the gays. HUGGY is the evil asshole you might have in mind.
I didn't use the word kill, and to me, there are no tolerable shades of bigotry
Bigotry does come in many shades, many on your side. Tolerance on the other hand doesn't. One is either tolerant of gay people existing or they are like HUGGY and his fellow Muslims who want to kill them.
Huggy is a Mulsim?
Huggy wants to kill homosexuals like Muslims do. I don't bother differentiating between subcategories of evil.

I'll take that as a no.

You first, link?

I have been to 5- 4 in San Francisco- 1 in NY City.

There have been floats or groups for the family of homosexuals in every one.
OKTexas wants to tell us what is and what isn't in a gay pride parade...and yet, has he ever been to one?

Forum List

Back