America’s Most (and Least) Educated States

I'd rather have a 7th grade education and know Jesus Christ than to have a Harvard education and not know Him! You can keep your intellectual humanism, Guno! I'll keep My God! (and rejoice all the way!)

Isn't that the attitude that gets you far? Er...

I think a lot of people will see the irony in this statement.

It is an indictment against the education system. Not Christianity. Christian home schoolers are consistently getting higher grades than all secular school students tested (combined). The highest grades in elementary, middle school, high school and college - Christian home schoolers are proven to have the highest grades throughout.

The OP is misleading.

Not at all.
It is an indictment against the education system. Not Christianity. Christian home schoolers are consistently getting higher grades than all secular school students tested (combined). The highest grades in elementary, middle school, high school and college - Christian home schoolers are proven to have the highest grades throughout.

The OP is misleading.

No it isn't.

The OP isn't making the point that religious people are stupid inherently. It's making the point that people are often told to believe instead of being a good education. I've known people who were religious and went to Oxford University. Religion and study CAN go side by side. However a lot of the time the poorest are willing to believe instead of getting a good education.

The problem is that SOME religious people deny a lot and believe that education is corrupting them. Not ALL Christians do this. Some do this, and more so in the Deep South especially in poorer areas.

Also, politicians willing to put this in place go through the state education system whereas home schooled Christian kids may not be getting this rubbish at all.

Just look at the south
Which part, the farming industry, the textile industry, the areas poisoned by the farming industry and textile industry? The tobacco farmers that were wiped out in favor of the northern states attorney general's and a few select attorneys scurfing up funds for the politicians could grab their share to give it to the bonding industry? Or should I look at the seafood industry that was nearly wiped out from the big oil spill? What exactly do you want me to look at there? Should I look into the industrial medical industry? Its hitting a boom down. Are these your type jews? You know the people's building renal failure clinics in highly polluted areas in the south in order to cash in on the new influx of kidney failures that is coming through?
You can keep rdean he's all yours Guno.
You can't just say "whites". You have the "Yawl (ya'll), right wing anti science whites" and "liberal and moderate educated whites". Only the skin color is the same.

Challenge to Anti-Intellectual Christian Fundamentalists

Challenge to Anti-Intellectual Christian Fundamentalists
I'd rather have a 7th grade education and know Jesus Christ than to have a Harvard education and not know Him! You can keep your intellectual humanism, Guno! I'll keep My God! (and rejoice all the way!)
I'd rather have a 7th grade education

No surprise there Jeri

Anti-intellectualism Is Killing America
Social dysfunction can be traced to the abandonment of reason

Anti-intellectualism Is Killing America

In a country where a sitting congressman told a crowd that evolution and the Big Bang are“lies straight from the pit of hell,”(link is external) where the chairman of a Senate environmental panelbrought a snowball(link is external) into the chamber as evidence that climate change is a hoax, where almost one in three citizens can’t name the vice president(link is external), it is beyond dispute that critical thinking has been abandoned as a cultural value. Our failure as a society to connect the dots, to see that such anti-intellectualism comes with a huge price, could eventually be our downfall.

Humanism is condemned in the Bible. It's the worship of self, making one's self God, Guno. If you choose to be your own god you'll have to live with the consequences. God isn't receiving you into heaven because you are a Jew. I can tell you that right now. You are either going to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and be born again as Jesus told Nicodemus or you are going to be shut out from the kingdom of heaven. Your choice.

And that is why we Jews are very successful in Science Engineering and medicine , we are taught to value education and learning and to question things.
I'll tell you what Guno you can keep your version of being a jew and I will look at the stats verses your OP. You can also have the rdeans of the world. I'll watch for the scientists and doctors I know (one's I personally know or that I believe are intelligent enough to look at the whole picture. One's not bought and paid for by the one's that deal in anything for a buck; those are not particularly jew's like yourself either). I do not think Tyrone B. Hayes is jew like you but we can ask him. I am positive our own family doctor is more of Italian decent and Christian. He and I conversed frequently on various matters of a biological nature as I did a self study on the local parasite problems affecting the waters here.

With your anti-ism and disfunctional prejudices I would not trust much you have to say about anything. Common sense is not bred and it cannot be taught in a college in a physics or engineering class. The largest deficit in our country today has been created through greed (both by bureacracy and religions of all makes) and the poorer people and middle class being stripped down to the point where there families cannot survive without two parents working.

I like these type websites better than somone else's OP to get information from in order to come to a better understanding of what's transpiring in an area.
Geography of Mississippi - World Atlas
Mississippi QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Mississippi 2014 Report - Talk Poverty

Agriculture is Mississippi's number one industry; it is a $7.9 billion industry, employing roughly 260,000 people — 17% of the state's workforce — either directly or indirectly. Keeping in mind Gator swamp lands do not truly account for land masses that can be capitalised on, these can be heavily polluted though which can affect the people there.

Pollution Locator: USA
Chemical companies in Mississippi

The Mississippi infant mortality rate has only slightly declined over the last decade. The disparity between white and black infant mortality rates continues to exist. 1.Preliminary US infant mortality rate for 2011 = 6.05 deaths per 1,000 live births 1. 2.Healthy People 2020 goal = 6.0 deaths per 1,000 live births 2.

Mississppi life expectancy
MS County Charts
I liked this one a trufer evidently; "As a scientist, I’m forced to concede facts, and here we have one: the state with the best vaccination record is also losing children at the highest rate."

In case you haven't figured it put gunp it has all been changing the past 20 years people and company's have been leaving the blue states, in around 20 years that link will swing towards the red states.

The liberal vultures are using up the blue states at an alarming rate, it's not "if" but "when" they run out of other people's money.

. It's making the point that people are often told to believe instead of being a good education....

And that's why you end up with so many 'educated' drones who are capable of nothing beyond regurgitating the leftist talking points they were fed for years, and think that voting means "choose 'D'."

Forum List

Back