Americans who are anti immigrant/against immigration.. Why?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
Serious here. And No judgement.
I'm really curious those who's opposed to immigration.. Why?
I could somewhat understand why British/Europeans would be opposed to immigration but if you are an American, I don't understand it. You know, since America were built on immigration.
So, enlighten me, please :)
181888935_400x400_Front.jpg

1. takes away jobs that Americans could have.
2. Lowers our standards of living as immigrants from the third world have a higher crime rate and a lower level of education.
3. Takes away from our resources. Fills up our schools, puts demands on our police and wears down our infrastructure.

I could somewhat understand why British/Europeans would be opposed to immigration but if you are an American, I don't understand it. You know, since America were built on immigration.

We don't oppose legal immigration in numbers we can provide jobs and resources for without it negatively impacting our own citizens. We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so I don't know where you are getting the notion that Americans oppose immigrants. We do however oppose illegal immigration for the obvious reasons. If someone has to explain why to you then you are just playing games here.

Here's some more enlightenment for you. We have quotas for legal immigration today because we are no longer in need of a lot of immigrants as we once did as we aren't in the nation building business anymore and our population is around 320 million now. We aren't a nation of immigrants anymore either. We are a nation of Americans. Our citizen population way outnumbers any immigrant population here.

For most people here, its Mexicans they hate.

In spite of miles of evidence to the contrary, they do not take US jobs.

If you get a chance, watch the very short documentary made by VICE, called, I believe, Sweet Home Alabama. It shows what has happened to farmers and consumers in Alabama since they ran out all illegals in 2011.

Condensed -- they interviewed growers who same Americans not only would not do the work, they were physically unable to and walked off the job before noon. Prisoners were brought in but they too were unable to to do the work. Needless to say, produce prices are sky high but the real kicker is that Alabama is importing produce from MEXICO.

The US needs migrant farm workers as much, if not more so than they need us.

Last edited:

I'm opposed to illegal immigration. Why?

The majority of our immigrants now sneak in through the “back door” that the federal government purposely leaves open. Thanks to the negligence of the federal government, far more people move in the United States illegally than come in through the legal immigration process. This has got to change. :mad-61:

Illegal immigrants generally don’t pay taxes. The vast majority of illegal aliens would never even dream of paying income taxes, but Mexicans living in America send billions upon billions of dollars out of the United States and back to Mexico every single year. :mad-61:

Although illegal aliens pay next to nothing in taxes, they have no problem receiving tens of billions of dollars worth of free education benefits, free health care benefits, free housing assistance and free food stamp benefits. Many communities in the United States now openly advertise that they will help illegal aliens with these things. :mad-61:

And who ends up footing the bill so that the illegal immigrants can have their "free stuff"? The American tax-payer, that's who. :mad-61:

If you get a chance, watch the very short documentary made by VICE, called, I believe, Sweet Home Alabama. It shows what has happened to farmers and consumers in Alabama since they ran out all illegals in 2011.

Condensed, they interviewed growers who same Americans not only would not do the work, they were physically unable to and walked off the job before noon. Prisoners were brought in but they too were unable to to do the work. Needless to say, produce prices are sky high but the real kicker is that Alabama is importing produce from MEXICO.

What utter BS! We don't hate Mexicans that are here legally. Take your lies and propaganda and stick it where the sun don't shine! Yes, illegal aliens, Mexican or otherwise do take American jobs by working for less. Most illegals aren't picking crops and for those jobs we have unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers. But the farmers like to circumvent the law for more profit and then they moan about crops dying on the vines when they had those visas at their disposal? Of course most Americans won't pick crops for a living and that's a surprise to you? Most illegals are doing jobs that Americans will do, not picking crops. With only 3% of illegals picking crops you're out of your mind if you think without them that produce would go sky high. Stop being such an anti-American traitor.

Mostly, it has to do with economics. First, there's absolutely nothing wrong with legal immigration, I'm all for it. Secondly, when illegals come here, they don't adapt to and adopt American culture, and basically insist that we adapt and adjust to them.

The economics is nothing more than plain common sense. For example: Employment, government assistance programs, printed materials and signs, Bi-lingual assistance and accommodation, laws and the judicial system, education, the criminal element, and tax issues.

2. Lowers our standards of living as immigrants from the third world have a higher crime rate and a lower level of education.
3. Takes away from our resources. Fills up our schools, puts demands on our police and wears down our infrastructure.

They're hidin' in yo windows
And snatchin' yo people up
Tryin' to rape 'em
So you'd better
Hide yo kids
Hide yo wife
...And hide yo husband 'cause they
Rapin' e'rbody out here

Last edited:

I don't know any Americans that are against legal immigration.

Condensed -- they interviewed growers who same Americans not only would not do the work, they were physically unable to and walked off the job before noon. Prisoners were brought in but they too were unable to to do the work. Needless to say, produce prices are sky high but the real kicker is that Alabama is importing produce from MEXICO.

they do not take US jobs
:bs1:

Tryin' to rape 'em
So you'd better
Hide yo kids
Hide yo wife
Rapin' e'rbody out here

Keep your day job. You're no stand up comedian. This a very serious issue in our country.

Another reason why I'm opposed to illegal immigration....

A substantial percentage of young illegal immigrants do end up in violent criminal gangs operating inside the United States. :mad-61:

Why don't we just take over mexico instead and illegal immigrants wont have to go anywhere. What's wrong with that? Mexico was built from a nation of immigrants anyway.

Not all Americans – rather, it's the small but hostile nativist contingent on the right.

And the reason why is that many on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent, where immigration is perceived as some sort of a 'threat.'

Would you please leave my language alone! No one hates Mexicans. Most people don't have the energy or passion needed to hate.
Conservatives dislike illegal immigration and would like to send illegal immigrants back to where ever they came from.
We disagree with Liberal Policy. We don't hate Liberals

I don't even hate you, Luddley. You aren't worth the energy, the passion or, frankly, my time.

Tryin' to rape 'em
So you'd better
Hide yo kids
Hide yo wife
Rapin' e'rbody out here

This a very serious issue in our country.

I do not feel that it is.

Tryin' to rape 'em
So you'd better
Hide yo kids
Hide yo wife
Rapin' e'rbody out here

This a very serious issue in our country.

I do not feel that it is.

So you just go by "feel" rather than common sense, facts and statistics?

Not all Americans – rather, it's the small but hostile nativist contingent on the right.

And the reason why is that many on the right fear change, diversity, and dissent, where immigration is perceived as some sort of a 'threat.'

Hostile? It's hostile to want legal immigration in reasonable numbers that don't negatively impact our own citizens? If that sane policy isn't followed then yes it is a threat. Fear of change? Um, we already are the most diverse country in the world. It's not diversity when it is mostly Mexicans that are allotted the highest quotas for legal immigration and are here in the largest numbers illegally. How is that diversity? Nativist fits the bill in all of the above rational? WTH is wrong with you?

Forum List

Back