American Young and Old Loneliness and Suicide Rates

The young have loneliness issues because they are raised with the internet in hand all the time. They are unable to to deal with the real world because the virtual blocks it out. They can't go anywhere without being on their phones. They think being on social media makes them social and have real connections, but they do not. They are complete social retards that have no relationships in real life, are weak and soft, and utterly ignorant of their situation. Not having goals and the ambition to achieve them leads to a unsatisfied life and if you're unsatisfied then you're depressed. Kids have been raised to be soft weak willed pussies and this is one of many prices they pay.

Old people have loneliness issues because America is forgetting them. Everyone is in a race to give all their attention to young people, everyone spends their time on social thinking giving grandma a like on Facebook is good enough. Older people used to be something america valued but now they are a hindrance to most. They also feel abandoned as financially they are strained beyond what their fixed income can handle.
Claiming kids are depressed because they’re retards is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe they don’t need assholes like you telling them how terrible they are all the time. This would also have the benefit of making it so when you’re older someone will want to take care of you.

I wouldn’t really value someone who was an asshole to me my whole life.

People are working too long and that gives them no hope for their futures. Retiring in 50s would help them and the economy.
So then we need to strengthen social security not make cuts to it. Fill it up with money because they stole from it and it's going broke because of that theft. Both sides of the isle. Put It Back!

The young have loneliness issues because they are raised with the internet in hand all the time. They are unable to to deal with the real world because the virtual blocks it out. They can't go anywhere without being on their phones. They think being on social media makes them social and have real connections, but they do not. They are complete social retards that have no relationships in real life, are weak and soft, and utterly ignorant of their situation. Not having goals and the ambition to achieve them leads to a unsatisfied life and if you're unsatisfied then you're depressed. Kids have been raised to be soft weak willed pussies and this is one of many prices they pay.

Old people have loneliness issues because America is forgetting them. Everyone is in a race to give all their attention to young people, everyone spends their time on social thinking giving grandma a like on Facebook is good enough. Older people used to be something america valued but now they are a hindrance to most. They also feel abandoned as financially they are strained beyond what their fixed income can handle.
We always visited Yaya on Sundays. When we had 4 grandparents living in Michigan, every other weekend. And of course holidays. And sometimes they'd come to watch our baseball games on weekends. Yes, we Greeks take care of our old. My buddy has a mom in a senior living home. He goes and sees her but not that often. If she were my mom she'd live with me not in a home.

Anyways, here's another problem. Internet has given them short attention spans. Like, they can't watch a movie. All they can do is look at little 15 second clips. Short attention span. So how they gonna go work 8 hours a day?

I was hoping he would be on the older side or up their in age. Don't beat yourself up about it. I don't know all the details but remember Doctors lose patients all the time and a lot of times the family wants to blame the doctors but really is it their fault?

If you feel like sharing the details I am curious and sometimes it can make you feel good to get it off your chest.

The problem is they don't appreciate the life they have.

This idea that your life has to be "better" is a huge part of the problem. Better than what? People in modernized countries have it pretty fucking good.

A warm dry place to live, more food than they could possible eat, more opportunities for education than they could possibly use, more leisure time than they know what to do with.

So you have no morals but want a woman with morals.
You've described the wealthy class in America.

I was hoping he would be on the older side or up their in age. Don't beat yourself up about it. I don't know all the details but remember Doctors lose patients all the time and a lot of times the family wants to blame the doctors but really is it their fault? If you feel like sharing the details I am curious and sometimes it can make you feel good to get it off your chest.
It happened on Sunday, September 25, 2022.

The worst day in my life.

I let him down when he needed me most.

I have never had presence of mind.

Don't want to go into more details.

Thank you for your concern.

Have a nice day!

As a boomer grandmother with lots of grands and great grands, I can see how it started in the mid 60s by my generations 'free sex, "if it feels good do it " attitudes.
I was trying to be a wife and mother during the times. I did like the songs and concerts, but not the loss of morals. The VN War didn't help either, bless their heart, forced to kill or be killed in an illegal war then spit on and abused by some Americans.
Visited some horribly injured vets in those days at VA hospitals.'.

It describes how America is moving toward class/race warfare within.

No it doesn't.

If you think you need to be wealthy to have a warm dry place to live then by that standard almost everyone in the country is wealthy.

You can learn just about anything you want for free or almost free between libraries free eBooks to read, and online videos you can even audit college classes for free

We can’t judge others. We’re not in their heads. We think they are wrong because we know things will get better tomorrow. But that’s just us. Maybe for that person that’s not true? Physical or mental pain can be unbearable. Im thankful so far 53 years I haven’t felt such pain. But if I do someday, who knows.

Just like abortion. I wouldn’t do it but I also wouldn’t outlaw it.

Im watching Deadline with Cameron Hall. This guy was on suicide chat rooms getting people to commit suicide on webcam. Said he was a 25 year old woman and he said he would kill himself the next day. He did it with multiple people.

How sad others joined his permanent solution. I'm a senior who up till recently I ' shamefully' judged the young. Like it was still the same times when most futures were looking bright. Not anymore!

How sad others joined his permanent solution. I'm a senior who up till recently I ' shamefully' judged the young. Like it was still the same times when most futures were looking bright. Not anymore!
My brother is rich. His sister in law and husband are not. They have 2 kids. They’re lucky my brother is generous

Loneliness happens when the people you depended on for your feeling of self-worth move on with life and leave you behind. Best to heed the proverb, "Guard your affections".

When a young person off's himself it is usually a tragedy of one sort or another. If you have more than half of your [expected] life ahead of you, there is always time to shore things up and make a good life for yourself, even if that is not obvious to you at some points.

However, we of the Boomer generation have often said of our pathetic elders, "If I reach that point, please shoot me."

Modern medical science, especially pharmaceuticals, have now made it common for people to live much longer than past generations. Sometimes they are sad and alone, and often they are lost in a fog of dementia, either unaware of their surroundings or often being nasty to their only caregivers. If/when I reach that point, I hope I have the courage to do the right thing.

But not just yet.

If you cannot find peace, and tranquility in solitude; you'll never find it in the tumultuous cacophony of other people's company...

Forum List

Back