American unions

THE LAWD HAS DELIVERED HIM INTO OUR HANDS! BRAISE THE LAWD!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

He stands condemned by his own American denyin’ Commie mouth, folks. :eusa_dance:

He effectively said he speaks from personal experience, :shock: not from Faux Channel or clerical inculcation, like youse well-brought-up biddable Bubbas!

BURN THE WORKER LOVIN" WITCH!!

I'll cough, I used to front the bar at the UTLC every second Friday night after the meetings Chips, jeez it was great fun - even the bar was factionalised, Left, Centre-Left, Right - it was a hoot :badgrin:

Oh and when I was driving through Dorset (England) in 1978 and found myself driving through a certain Dorset village I scared the whatsit out of my then wife when I brought the rental car to a screeching halt and got out and stood on what I considered sacred ground. Yes, I accidentally found Tolpuddle :D

Fair enough, my friend.

Companies here are still attempting to murder unionists or at least they are succeeding in ruining the lives of employees that might take notice of or encourage a need for recognition of the American Constitution with it's amendments. Organization on whatever level is a tribute to responsible leadership and acceptable business practice. When the organization is to stifle the rights and general welfare of the working population the organization is doomed for failure. In the short term, however, the profits amassed promote the greed of the leeches that would suck the blood of their own dead mothers to promote the financial comforts of themselves.

What more could I possibly say on this subject?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067276/

I must get this film. I loved Matewan, this one is one I must get.

It seemed that it was all right for the States to organize into a Union to utilize the strength of numbers against the arbitrary oppressions of Great Britain; or for the manufacturers, mining and railroad corporations to organize into unions, or trusts, to gain greater advantage in the marketplace; but America was not quite ready for the American workingman to organize into a union to gain the strength of numbers to deal with the oppressions of the railroad companies and manufacturers. It is quite humorous to hear, now and then, an American say that he hates unions, and would never be associated with one; obviously not realizing that he participates in one of the greatest Unions in the world; the Union of American States.

Despite all the protestations to the contrary, humans are natural collectivists.

It seemed that it was all right for the States to organize into a Union to utilize the strength of numbers against the arbitrary oppressions of Great Britain; or for the manufacturers, mining and railroad corporations to organize into unions, or trusts, to gain greater advantage in the marketplace; but America was not quite ready for the American workingman to organize into a union to gain the strength of numbers to deal with the oppressions of the railroad companies and manufacturers. It is quite humorous to hear, now and then, an American say that he hates unions, and would never be associated with one; obviously not realizing that he participates in one of the greatest Unions in the world; the Union of American States.

Well said, Indago! :clap2:

I'll cough, I used to front the bar at the UTLC every second Friday night after the meetings Chips, jeez it was great fun - even the bar was factionalised, Left, Centre-Left, Right - it was a hoot :badgrin:

Oh and when I was driving through Dorset (England) in 1978 and found myself driving through a certain Dorset village I scared the whatsit out of my then wife when I brought the rental car to a screeching halt and got out and stood on what I considered sacred ground. Yes, I accidentally found Tolpuddle :D

You do realise that the board's Blockleiter, Tailgunny "I Led Three Lives" PhiLbrick, has reported us to Homeland Security for talking in some sort of arcane Commie code, don't you? :rofl:

Diuretic wrote:
I must get this film. I loved Matewan, this one is one I must get.

Molly Maguires is a good one also, with Sean Connery, Richard Harris...

Based on factual events...

Diuretic wrote:

Molly Maguires is a good one also, with Sean Connery, Richard Harris...

Based on factual events...

Yes, forgot about that one, saw it years ago, the lads who dressed up in sheila's clothing, hence the nickname. If I remember rightly they took on the Pinkerton's? Anyway I remember a bunch of mercenaries were used to attack them. Thank you for the reminder, on the list :D

I never swore an oaf guv'nor, yer can't send me out to them there colonies :rofl:

HEY, THAT'S MY G G GRANDFATHER, FORESKIN FRED HENDERSON,
THE BASTARD FROM THE BUSH!!

As the night was falling slowly over city, town and bush,
From a house in Hogan's Alley came the Captain of the Push,
And his whistle loud and piercing woke the echoes of the Rocks,
And a dozen ghouls came slouching round the corners of the docks,

Then the Captain jerked a finger at a stranger on the kerb,
Whom he qualified politely with an adjective and verb.
Then he made the introduction, ''Here's a covey from the bush,
Fuck me blind, he wants to join us, be a member of the Push!”

Then the stranger made this answer to the Captain of the Push,
'Fuck me dead, I'm Foreskin Fred, the Bastard from the Bush!
I've been to every two-up school from Darwin to the 'Loo,
I've ridden colts and black gins, what more can a Bastard do?'

“Are you game to smash a window?” asked the Captain of the Push;
'I'd knock a fucking house down,' said the Bastard from the Bush.
Would you take a maiden's baby? said the Captain of the Push.
'I'd take a baby's maiden,' said the Bastard from the Bush.

Would you bash a bloody copper, if you caught the \!/ alone.
Would you stoush a swell or chinky, split his garret with a stone,
Would you make you wife a harlot, would swear off work for good?'
Again that bastard's voice rang out. 'My fucking oath, I would!

'Do you help the girls pick gumleaves?' asked the Captain of the Push
'No, I hit 'em with the branches! said the Bastard from the Bush.
'Would you knock me down and rob me?' asked the Captain of the Push.
'I'd knock you down and fuck you!' said the Bastard from the Bush.

'Would you like a cigarette?' said the Captain of the Push.
'I'll take the bloody packet,' said the Bastard from the Bush.
Then the Pushites all took counsel, saying 'Fuck me but he's game.
Let's make him our star basher, and he'll live up to his name.'

So they took him to their hide-out, that Bastard from the Bush
And they gave him all the privileges belonging to the Push.
But soon they found his little ways were more than they could stand.
And finally the Captain thus addressed his little band;

'Now listen here you 'buggers, we've caught a fucking tartar:
At every kind of bludgin' that bastard's got the starter.
At poker and at two-up be shook our fucking rules,
He swipes our fucking liquor and he robs our fucking girls.

So down in Hogan's Alley, all the members of the Push
Laid a dark and dirty ambush for the Bastard from the Bush.
And against the wall of Riley's pub, the Bastard made a stand.
A nasty grin upon his dial, a bike chain in his hand.

They sprang upon him in a bunch, but one by one they fell,
With crack of bone, unearthly groan and agonizing yell,
Till the sorely battered Captain, spitting teeth and coughing blood,
Held an ear all torn and bleeding in a hand bedaubed with mud.

'You low polluted bastard,' snarled the Captain of the Push,
'Get back to where you come from, that's somewhere in the bush.
And I hope that vile misfortune may tumble down on you:
May some lousy harlot dose you till your bollocks turn sky blue.

May-the pangs of windy spasms through your aching bowels dart,
May you shit your bloody trousers, every time you try to fart,
May you take a swig of gin's piss, mistaking it for beer,
May the Push you next impose on toss you out upon your ear.

May the itching piles torment you, may corns grow on your feet,
May crabs as big as spiders attack your balls a treat.
Then when you're down and out and a hopeless bloody wreck,
May you slip back through your arsehole and break your bloody neck.'

Companies here are still attempting to murder unionists or at least they are succeeding in ruining the lives of employees that might take notice of or encourage a need for recognition of the American Constitution with it's amendments.

Companies are attempting to murder unionists?

Err...what?

Sorry you didn't get the memo, bvbm.

Companies are attempting to murder unionists?

Err...what?

Yes they are , yes they have and yes they will do it again. Anything to shut the competent mouths of those intelligent enough to speak out against the abuses of the corporatist/capitalists. You don't cotton much history, do you?

How to Turn Workers Against Each Other (and Make Them All Poorer)

By David Macaray

But as bad as it gets, it's nothing compared to later. The really bad news doesn't come until the next negotiation, after the two-tier format is firmly in place. That's when the company announces that, unfortunately, medical insurance, the one benefit that was to be left untouched, must now be drastically slashed. And when the union screams bloody murder, they're told it's business. Just business."

http://www.counterpunch.org/macaray11052007.html

Thanks midcan, really interesting article. I've heard this practice labelled as, "selling out the unborn". I've also seen it done here in Aus in unions and there's no doubt that the union which agrees to this sort of accommodation is putting a time bomb in its midst. However it's usually the fact that the union officials who agree to it are retired by the time it explodes. I wish I had some polite vocabulary to describe my attitude towards union officials who do this but my polite vocabulary is limited, so I'll leave it at that.

On edit - another argument for a single-payer health insurance scheme.

Great Conversation!!!!!!!!! How does it feel to be an "unborn"?

It never happened in my union PB. I'm not putting tickets on them but my union has a long and very proud history and it never sold out the unborn. In fact way back in 1917-1918 in a big industrial dispute the union had with the state government, they refused a settlement because the government wanted to agree to the demands of the male members but not give equal pay and treatment to the female members. Back then, 1918, our union officlals told the government, no deal, either it's for all or it's for none. The government capitulated. I tell you, those men - and they were all men running the union then - were brave and honourable people. I am immensely proud of them for standing up to principle. And I can tell you, without getting into history lessons, they paid for their bravery - every single one of them was victimised by the employer. To this day their photographs and testimonials are in the meeting rooms of the union and they are held in the highest esteem.

Doc, my Union has clean hands as well.

It never happened in my union PB. I'm not putting tickets on them but my union has a long and very proud history and it never sold out the unborn. In fact way back in 1917-1918 in a big industrial dispute the union had with the state government, they refused a settlement because the government wanted to agree to the demands of the male members but not give equal pay and treatment to the female members. Back then, 1918, our union officlals told the government, no deal, either it's for all or it's for none. The government capitulated. I tell you, those men - and they were all men running the union then - were brave and honourable people. I am immensely proud of them for standing up to principle. And I can tell you, without getting into history lessons, they paid for their bravery - every single one of them was victimised by the employer. To this day their photographs and testimonials are in the meeting rooms of the union and they are held in the highest esteem.

But the blood of my sisters and brothers has stained the American conscience for many years and I suspect the stains are unseen and unfelt by many that continue to admonish those that need and ask for only fairness.

Yes they are , yes they have and yes they will do it again. Anything to shut the competent mouths of those intelligent enough to speak out against the abuses of the corporatist/capitalists. You don't cotton much history, do you?

I'm not terribly familiar with the history of labor unions. I know that government troops have broken strikes in the past, which of course is flagrantly wrong. My skepticism was directed at the statement that companies *are* attempting to murder unionists. As in, here and now, in the year 2007 AD. If you could link me to an article or two, that would be great, because I honestly have not heard this.

Forum List

Back