Friedrich Air Conditioners

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Gunny, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Just so anyone interested will know ... Friedrich ACs, located in San Antonio, TX, just put 263 people on the street so they could move their factory to Mexico.

One guy who worked there said he was offered $600.+ as severance pay for over 15 years of employment.

F-in g dirtbags.

2. Chips Rafferty

Chips Rafferty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    HOW DARE YOU INSULT SALT-OF-THE-EARTH, ENTREPRENEURIAL AMERICAN CAPITALISTS, YOU COMMIE BASTARD!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If the filthy Pinko American counter-revolutionary wrecker unionists won't work for 3 Yuan a month, like the work ethical Chicoms, then they deserve to be singing psalms for a cold past-it's-use-by-date pie at a Christian "charity"! :clap2: :clap2:

"God prospers His people" - that is a undeniable Calvinazi fact. The poor have obviously fallen from God's favour.

Clearly then, the Chicoms are the New Jews, not you irredeemably evil, work ethic-less lazy Seppo bastards. :muahaha:

LONG LIVE GORDON GEKKO!! :rofl:

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    They are....

And not to politicize, but that's what happens when corporations get tax benefits for off-shoring.

4. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I can't believe the Friedrich worker's unions let them get away with this.....:badgrin:

Oh, I forgot. Up there in your WASP Worker's Nirvana you have been indocrinated to trust bosses implicitly, haven't you? :cuckoo:

My union got me 5.5 years pay, plus 1.5 times my superannuation as my severance from CAA....:idea:

I almost forgot, AND my accumulated sick (about 15 months worth) leave paid out!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    WHAT AM I SAYING!

Next thing we know there will be millions of disenchanted WASP Wetbacks infiltrating our shores wanting to do our shit work! :eusa_doh:

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I do not now, and you will not find that I ever have agreed with outsourcing. IMO, capitalism goes a step to far when it goes against the best interests of this nation and its people.

THAT would be where I draw the line on capitalism unchecked.

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Well dang, I guess we should arrest the corporate officers and fine the hell out of the employees. Make them stay in the US and hire even more people too. Then to teach them a lesson we should stop buying air conditioners at discounted rates and pay premium prices for them... on top of that we should tax the hell out of air conditioner sales, payroll and profits.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    As I pointed out elsewhere, the trade unions in this nation have priced themselves out of business. There is no moderation and/or compromise on either side. Corporate greed versus unrealisitic demands by trade unions.

Then there's the fact a wise investor can make far better retirement than the union pays out.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    We're of like mind on that.

10. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Tosh. Look at the UAW and GM. It's a symbiotic relationship.

The bosses have moved American jobs offshore because the American economy can't pay low enough wages as offshore economies can, the reason is because the American economy needs a large consumer market of people who have sufficient money to buy food and buy other goods. But the stupidity of offshoring is that eventually, unless it's checked, there will be insufficient consumers in the US to buy the made in slave wage-rate nations. Talk about the seeds of its own destruction. Short-term profits, greedy shareholders and pressured ceo's who are being paid big bonuses to bring in short-term profits but ignore the long-term effects of their actions are what is driving offshoring, not the unions.

And I call bullshit on your wise investor. For a start they would have to amass a large amount of capital and then risk it on the stock market and hope that forty years of investment in a system that undergoes regular booms and busts and has underpinning it long waves of economic activity that can go one way or the other over the working lifetime of an individual. A working person doesn't deserve that fate.