Friedrich Air Conditioners

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Just so anyone interested will know ... Friedrich ACs, located in San Antonio, TX, just put 263 people on the street so they could move their factory to Mexico.

One guy who worked there said he was offered $600.+ as severance pay for over 15 years of employment.

F-in g dirtbags.

Just so anyone interested will know ... Friedrich ACs, located in San Antonio, TX, just put 263 people on the street so they could move their factory to Mexico.

One guy who worked there said he was offered $600.+ as severance pay for over 15 years of employment.

F-in g dirtbags.

HOW DARE YOU INSULT SALT-OF-THE-EARTH, ENTREPRENEURIAL AMERICAN CAPITALISTS, YOU COMMIE BASTARD!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If the filthy Pinko American counter-revolutionary wrecker unionists won't work for 3 Yuan a month, like the work ethical Chicoms, then they deserve to be singing psalms for a cold past-it's-use-by-date pie at a Christian "charity"! :clap2: :clap2:

"God prospers His people" - that is a undeniable Calvinazi fact. The poor have obviously fallen from God's favour.

Clearly then, the Chicoms are the New Jews, not you irredeemably evil, work ethic-less lazy Seppo bastards. :muahaha:

LONG LIVE GORDON GEKKO!! :rofl:

F-in g dirtbags.

They are....

And not to politicize, but that's what happens when corporations get tax benefits for off-shoring.

They are....

And not to politicize, but that's what happens when corporations get tax benefits for off-shoring.

I can't believe the Friedrich worker's unions let them get away with this.....:badgrin:

Oh, I forgot. Up there in your WASP Worker's Nirvana you have been indocrinated to trust bosses implicitly, haven't you? :cuckoo:

My union got me 5.5 years pay, plus 1.5 times my superannuation as my severance from CAA....:idea:

I almost forgot, AND my accumulated sick (about 15 months worth) leave paid out!

I can't believe the Friedrich worker's unions let them get away with this.....:badgrin:

Oh, I forgot. Up there in your WASP Worker's Nirvana you have been indocrinated to trust bosses implicitly, haven't you? :cuckoo:

My union got me 5.5 years pay, plus 1.5 times my superannuation as my severance from CAA....:idea:

I almost forgot, AND my accumulated sick (about 15 months worth) leave paid out!

WHAT AM I SAYING!

Next thing we know there will be millions of disenchanted WASP Wetbacks infiltrating our shores wanting to do our shit work! :eusa_doh:

They are....

I do not now, and you will not find that I ever have agreed with outsourcing. IMO, capitalism goes a step to far when it goes against the best interests of this nation and its people.

THAT would be where I draw the line on capitalism unchecked.

Well dang, I guess we should arrest the corporate officers and fine the hell out of the employees. Make them stay in the US and hire even more people too. Then to teach them a lesson we should stop buying air conditioners at discounted rates and pay premium prices for them... on top of that we should tax the hell out of air conditioner sales, payroll and profits.

As I pointed out elsewhere, the trade unions in this nation have priced themselves out of business. There is no moderation and/or compromise on either side. Corporate greed versus unrealisitic demands by trade unions.

Then there's the fact a wise investor can make far better retirement than the union pays out.

As I pointed out elsewhere, the trade unions in this nation have priced themselves out of business. There is no moderation and/or compromise on either side. Corporate greed versus unrealisitic demands by trade unions.

Then there's the fact a wise investor can make far better retirement than the union pays out.

Tosh. Look at the UAW and GM. It's a symbiotic relationship.

The bosses have moved American jobs offshore because the American economy can't pay low enough wages as offshore economies can, the reason is because the American economy needs a large consumer market of people who have sufficient money to buy food and buy other goods. But the stupidity of offshoring is that eventually, unless it's checked, there will be insufficient consumers in the US to buy the made in slave wage-rate nations. Talk about the seeds of its own destruction. Short-term profits, greedy shareholders and pressured ceo's who are being paid big bonuses to bring in short-term profits but ignore the long-term effects of their actions are what is driving offshoring, not the unions.

And I call bullshit on your wise investor. For a start they would have to amass a large amount of capital and then risk it on the stock market and hope that forty years of investment in a system that undergoes regular booms and busts and has underpinning it long waves of economic activity that can go one way or the other over the working lifetime of an individual. A working person doesn't deserve that fate.

Tosh. Look at the UAW and GM. It's a symbiotic relationship.

The bosses have moved American jobs offshore because the American economy can't pay low enough wages as offshore economies can, the reason is because the American economy needs a large consumer market of people who have sufficient money to buy food and buy other goods. But the stupidity of offshoring is that eventually, unless it's checked, there will be insufficient consumers in the US to buy the made in slave wage-rate nations. Talk about the seeds of its own destruction. Short-term profits, greedy shareholders and pressured ceo's who are being paid big bonuses to bring in short-term profits but ignore the long-term effects of their actions are what is driving offshoring, not the unions.

And I call bullshit on your wise investor. For a start they would have to amass a large amount of capital and then risk it on the stock market and hope that forty years of investment in a system that undergoes regular booms and busts and has underpinning it long waves of economic activity that can go one way or the other over the working lifetime of an individual. A working person doesn't deserve that fate.

First paragraph, no problem. Second ... problem. YOu can call bullshit all you want. There are plenty of low-yield, relatively safe ways to invest in a retirement fund that will exceed anything a trade union is going to pay out.

An working person deserves what he earns ... nothing more, nothing less.

First paragraph, no problem. Second ... problem. YOu can call bullshit all you want. There are plenty of low-yield, relatively safe ways to invest in a retirement fund that will exceed anything a trade union is going to pay out.

An working person deserves what he earns ... nothing more, nothing less.

If we all thought like that we'd still be working in the old master-servant employment paradigm.

On pensions/superannuation. Do unions control the pension funds in the States? I wasn't aware of that. Here there are "industry" superannuation funds that are managed mutually, but membership isn't compulsory simply due to employment or being in a union. It's a bit complex but about ten/fifteen years ago the federal government created a system where every working person's employer had to take a small percentage (started off at 3% but is now about 9% I think) of the worker's pay and place it into a superannuation fund of the worker's choice. The idea was to ease the future burden on the federal public pension scheme. It was a good idea and it has seen a lot of money invested in various schemes.

If we all thought like that we'd still be working in the old master-servant employment paradigm.

On pensions/superannuation. Do unions control the pension funds in the States? I wasn't aware of that. Here there are "industry" superannuation funds that are managed mutually, but membership isn't compulsory simply due to employment or being in a union. It's a bit complex but about ten/fifteen years ago the federal government created a system where every working person's employer had to take a small percentage (started off at 3% but is now about 9% I think) of the worker's pay and place it into a superannuation fund of the worker's choice. The idea was to ease the future burden on the federal public pension scheme. It was a good idea and it has seen a lot of money invested in various schemes.

The best correlation to that here is ... Government pension fund = social security -- mandatory participation required. Union retirement paid by union. In my grandfather's case, he got one check from the IBEW (national) and one from the local. Combined, it wasn't much, but it WAS something.

If he had started an IRA when he started working, the monthly interest would have been more than his union pension.

The best correlation to that here is ... Government pension fund = social security -- mandatory participation required. Union retirement paid by union. In my grandfather's case, he got one check from the IBEW (national) and one from the local. Combined, it wasn't much, but it WAS something.

If he had started an IRA when he started working, the monthly interest would have been more than his union pension.

Thanks, that's interesting. What's an IRA (aside from a defunct paramilitary terrorist organisation I mean :D)?

Either way, the money ends up invested in stocks and bonds and out of control of the worker.

For instance, the security of my retirement monies relies entirely on the honesty of some stock manipulating prick in Europe or New York, even though I am invested exclusively in Australian stocks.

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." – Keynes

Capitalism is a relentless, Proddie consecrated race to the economic bottom by the "work ethic" inculcated wage-slave. It is the economic version of eugenics, a Darwinian survival of the fiscally fittest – Danny Henderengels.

You have been brainwashed to believe quite the opposite, that self-regulating free-marketism is next to Godliness. That “He who has the gold makes the rules,” not the poor schmuck who mines it.

So I can’t see why you are outraged and angry that - in a country where the police and military enthusiastically broke the union's back in the 1930’s, with the malleable Proddie majority cheering them, and their lower-than-the-basic-wage, strike-breaking scab allies on - your trailer park dwelling pals have also become mere Mexican wetbacks in the eyes of your traditionally revered American businessmen.

“A communist is someone who wants 25 cents when they're paying 15.” – from the aptly name “Grapes of Wrath."

If you had read stuff other than those John Hagee approved Little Golden Books, conveniently abridged bits and pieces of America's rabidly anti-Liberation Bible, and war comics, you might have come across this pithy comment of Steinbeck’s about “free-market” Capitalism.

Its all over bar the shouting for the American Empire, El. China is the upcoming host for vampiric 21st century capitalism.

It won’t be long before the industrious Chinese are lampooning their lazy below-the-Bell-Curve white American laundrymen and patronised them as faithful Hop Sings in Chinese versions of Bonanza.

I can just see you and RGS as easily spooked, shiftless Step’n Fetchit type characters. Servilely shining the shoes of prosperous Chinese while you sing good ol’ boy standards like “Across The Alley From The Alamo,” and thanking G-e-e-zus you are still higher on the social totem than those genetically ignorant, indolent Injuns! :rofl:

What a shame youse guys didn't take notice of that old saw "Be nice to people on your way to the top - because you'll need them on the way down!" :razz:

Either way, the money ends up invested in stocks and bonds and out of control of the worker.

For instance, the security of my retirement monies relies entirely on the honesty of some stock manipulating prick in Europe or New York, even though I am invested exclusively in Australian stocks.

You have been brainwashed to believe quite the opposite, that self-regulating free-marketism is next to Godliness. That “He who has the gold makes the rules,” not the poor schmuck who mines it.

So I can’t see why you are outraged and angry that - in a country where the police and military enthusiastically broke the union's back in the 1930’s, with the malleable Proddie majority cheering them, and their lower-than-the-basic-wage, strike-breaking scab allies on - your trailer park dwelling pals have also become mere Mexican wetbacks in the eyes of your traditionally revered American businessmen.

If you had read stuff other than those John Hagee approved Little Golden Books, conveniently abridged bits and pieces of America's rabidly anti-Liberation Bible, and war comics, you might have come across this pithy comment of Steinbeck’s about “free-market” Capitalism.

Its all over bar the shouting for the American Empire, El. China is the upcoming host for vampiric 21st century capitalism.

It won’t be long before the industrious Chinese are lampooning their lazy below-the-Bell-Curve white American laundrymen and patronised them as faithful Hop Sings in Chinese versions of Bonanza.

I can just see you and RGS as easily spooked, shiftless Step’n Fetchit type characters. Servilely shining the shoes of prosperous Chinese while you sing good ol’ boy standards like “Across The Alley From The Alamo,” and thanking G-e-e-zus you are still higher on the social totem than those genetically ignorant, indolent Injuns! :rofl:

What a shame youse guys didn't take notice of that old saw "Be nice to people on your way to the top - because you'll need them on the way down!" :razz:

I see ... so you think it somehow makes you some sort of free will individual simply because you can hate and tirade about it on the internet?

I GUARANTEE your narrow-minded, senile old ass will be LICKING those Chinese shoes LONG before I ever pick up a rag.

They are....

Rangel plans to publicly announce the plan Thursday morning.

To offset the cost of the lower tax rate, the plan would alter a number of business tax provisions, according to lawmakers, congressional staff and lobbyists familiar with the plan as outlined Wednesday night.

The plan will repeal a tax deduction for domestic manufacturers. It will prevent companies from using an accounting method known as last-in, first-out, or LIFO, that can cut their taxes during times of rising prices. Repealing LIFO could result in a substantial tax for companies currently using the method, but aides briefed on the plan say the change would be phased in over eight years, thereby blunting the initial impact.
---------------
but that's what happens when corporations get tax benefits for off-shoring.
You are one left wing hack...

Rangel's plan.....

The plan will repeal a tax deduction for domestic manufacturers.

Do you understand what that means? It means that corps GET a tax for DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING......
RANGEL wants to take that tax break away so corps will have NO INCENTIVE AT ALL to keep manufacturing jobs here in the US....

The Dims wants to screw things up and you blame the Repubs....no wonder you're DIM...you don't know anything....:cuckoo:

Rangel plans to publicly announce the plan Thursday morning.

To offset the cost of the lower tax rate, the plan would alter a number of business tax provisions, according to lawmakers, congressional staff and lobbyists familiar with the plan as outlined Wednesday night.

The plan will repeal a tax deduction for domestic manufacturers. It will prevent companies from using an accounting method known as last-in, first-out, or LIFO, that can cut their taxes during times of rising prices. Repealing LIFO could result in a substantial tax for companies currently using the method, but aides briefed on the plan say the change would be phased in over eight years, thereby blunting the initial impact.
---------------
but that's what happens when corporations get tax benefits for off-shoring.
You are one left wing hack...

Rangel's plan.....

The plan will repeal a tax deduction for domestic manufacturers.

Do you understand what that means? It means that corps GET a tax for DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING......
RANGEL wants to take that tax break away so corps will have NO INCENTIVE AT ALL to keep manufacturing jobs here in the US....

The Dims wants to screw things up and you blame the Repubs....no wonder you're DIM...you don't know anything....:cuckoo:

See... that's the thing about people like you. You're clueless, but think anyone who disagrees with you "[doesn't] know anything".... which is why it's not worth discussing anything with a kool aid drinker like you.

Unlike you, I'm not going to comment on the "plan" that I haven't read. Though it looks to me like we're talking about truth in accounting methods. And I certainly wouldn't trust anything you have to say on the subject.

New Topics

Forum List

Back