American Music Awards show hits all time low viewership ratings

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Have people finally grown tired of the endless # of award shows ? Leftist politics of the shows ?

TV Ratings: American Music Awards Slip 25% to New Low

https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...rce=http://a.msn.com/0A/en-us/BBOctYl?ocid=sl
http://a.msn.com/0A/en-us/BBOctYl?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...rer=http://a.msn.com/0A/en-us/BBOctYl?ocid=st
https://web.skype.com/share?url=htt...df6e87-94f4-43dc-8423-f9530d6180f0&source=msn

BBOcdeR.img
© Provided by Variety

The American Music Awards hit a new all-time low in the Nielsen ratings on Tuesday night.

ABC aired only the AMAs on Tuesday, with the three hour show drawing a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.5 million viewers. That is down 25% in the key demo and approximately 29% in total viewers compared to the 2017 broadcast, which drew a 2.4 rating and 9.2 million viewers. 2017 and 2016 had previously set the demo low for the awards show, with both of those broadcasts drawing a 2.4. The AMAs also moved from Sunday in November for the first time in more than a decade this year.

This is the latest example of an awards show seeing serious declines year-over-year. Back in September, the Emmy Awards on NBC also put up an all-time low.

i feel blessed. i can't name a single taylor swift song.

not out to diminish her accomplishments at all - just not a fan of pop culture music. i wouldn't know "drake" if he sat next to me on a plane and hip hop is what's done after you step on a bottlecap at home.

i'll keep my rock and roll and be happy. gimme some godsmack and keep ms swift.

Last edited:

not out to diminish her accomplishments at all - just not a fan of pop culture music. i wouldn't know "drake" if he sat next to me on a plane and hip hop if what's done after you step on a bottlecap at home.

I don’t either. Apparently she can sing but I’m not interested in the least. I have zero respect for singers. That’s not talent. Playing a musical
Instrument, that is talent.

Who would want to watch deranged, Far Left idiots congratulate each other, and bash more than half of America?

not out to diminish her accomplishments at all - just not a fan of pop culture music. i wouldn't know "drake" if he sat next to me on a plane and hip hop if what's done after you step on a bottlecap at home.

I don’t either. Apparently she can sing but I’m not interested in the least. I have zero respect for singers. That’s not talent. Playing a musical
Instrument, that is talent.
aw hell. steve perry, meatloaf, pat benatar, and i could go on and on and on - you wanna hear some amazing vocals check out a local dallas band called "blacktop mojo" on youtube. matt james is out of this world w/talent. so while i *do* believe singing is a huge talent and would disagree with you on that purpose, i *do* think things like the voice and americas got talent where people just sing and do nothing else is nothing more than glitzy karaoke. i'd much rather spend my time seeing an entire band do their own music.

not out to diminish her accomplishments at all - just not a fan of pop culture music. i wouldn't know "drake" if he sat next to me on a plane and hip hop is what's done after you step on a bottlecap at home.

We'll keep Ms. Swift. You can take Kanye.

sorry.

can't name a single kayne song either. just not my style of music.

pop goes the stereotype.

sorry.

pop goes the stereotype.
Well I'm with you about today's pop music. Though Ed Shereen has written some nice songs. Unfortunately the exception rather than the rule.

sorry.

pop goes the stereotype.
Well I'm with you about today's pop music. Though Ed Shereen has written some nice songs. Unfortunately the exception rather than the rule.
there's some pop type music i really love and will follow. just not really the mainstream pop music. rap/hip hop however i'll never listen to. i don't like it and don't find value in it. that said, if that's someone elses jam, jam out man. it's all music and as long as it makes you feel like a great song does, the song / artist did their job and i do respect that.

there's a band called the shires i love and they're most certainly pop in a lady antabellum sort of way. dig her too, btw. but the halftime shows where katy perry comes out surrounded by dancing sharks and so forth - no interest.

some of the best halftime shows to me were prince and then bruno mars. those were simply amazing shows. i also have to give it up for lady gaga for one hell of a performance. hell, i'll even listen to some PINK at times but not very often. i'm just not a pop music person anymore but that doesn't mean i hate it all.

Black people don't watch TV, they all got them stolen.

sorry.

pop goes the stereotype.
there's some pop type music i really love and will follow. just not really the mainstream pop music. rap/hip hop however i'll never listen to. i don't like it and don't find value in it. that said, if that's someone elses jam, jam out man. it's all music and as long as it makes you feel like a great song does, the song / artist did their job and i do respect that.

there's a band called the shires i love and they're most certainly pop in a lady antabellum sort of way. dig her too, btw. but the halftime shows where katy perry comes out surrounded by dancing sharks and so forth - no interest.

some of the best halftime shows to me were prince and then bruno mars. those were simply amazing shows. i also have to give it up for lady gaga for one hell of a performance. hell, i'll even listen to some PINK at times but not very often. i'm just not a pop music person anymore but that doesn't mean i hate it all.
You're right. Lady Gaga gave an outstanding performance at the Super Bowl as did Bruno Mars. There was a skit on SNL where Bruno Mars imitated various recording artists. It was very funny. Maybe it is just getting older and not listening to the newer stuff. I did turn off the AMAs after 15 minutes. Tuned in to Amazon and watched Man in the High Castle.

Have people finally grown tired of the endless # of award shows ? Leftist politics of the shows ?

BBOcdeR.img
© Provided by Variety

The American Music Awards hit a new all-time low in the Nielsen ratings on Tuesday night.

ABC aired only the AMAs on Tuesday, with the three hour show drawing a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.5 million viewers. That is down 25% in the key demo and approximately 29% in total viewers compared to the 2017 broadcast, which drew a 2.4 rating and 9.2 million viewers. 2017 and 2016 had previously set the demo low for the awards show, with both of those broadcasts drawing a 2.4. The AMAs also moved from Sunday in November for the first time in more than a decade this year.

This is the latest example of an awards show seeing serious declines year-over-year. Back in September, the Emmy Awards on NBC also put up an all-time low.

Too....many....awards....shows....

More than half? That's funny. A BIG LIE which is too absurd to last.

This country is till mostly center right. Hate to tell you. Look at the Presidency, and Congress. Look at all the State legislatures, and Governors.

Your "COEXIST" bumper sticker is showing.

BBOcdeR.img
© Provided by Variety

...and Teenyboppers don’t vote

The reason why I didn't watch is because there wasn't enough country music in the performance line up and that is if there even was any in the first place. I've read that Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood were supposed to perform at some point, but Taylor is currently focused on non country material and Carrie in my opinion has never once sounded country to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. With the show being a three hour long production, I don't believe that one country performance for each hour is asking for much.

Forum List

Back