American kids are the dumbest in the world yet liberals support the status quo..????

in an address to the Urban League

Is this the speech you mean?
We’ve made it our mission to make a higher education more affordable for every American who wants to go to school. That's why we fought to extend our college tuition tax credit for working families -- (applause) -- saving millions of families thousands of dollars.

That’s why we’ve fought to make college more affordable for an additional 200,000 African American students by increasing Pell grants. (Applause.) That’s why we’ve strengthened this nation’s commitment to our community colleges, and to our HBCUs. (Applause.)

That’s why, tomorrow, I’m establishing the first-ever White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans –- (applause) -- so that every child has greater access to a complete and competitive education from the time they're born all through the time they get a career.

And that’s why we’re pushing all colleges and universities to cut their costs -- (applause) -- because we can’t keep asking taxpayers to subsidize skyrocketing tuition. A higher education in the 21st century cannot be a luxury. It is a vital necessity that every American should be able to afford. (Applause.) I want all these young people to be getting a higher education, and I don’t want them loaded up with tens of thousands of dollars of debt just to get an education. That’s how we make America great. (Applause.)
Transcript: Obama's Speech at the National Urban League Convention | News | BET

How does he get away with ordering everyone to go to college like that?

Jeez...it's just one outrage after another with this President isn't it?

in 2009 he made the statement that any person that wanted to go to college should be able to go to college.

Educational Excellence for african Americans? really?

PS I never used the word "ordered". You made that up

True, I was paraphrasing you...if that wasn't what you meant then I apologise.
The constant hyberbole here sometimes means I don't think about my replies as much as I should.

Obama's intent, as I understand it, is that anyone that qualifies for college, and wants to go, should not be prevented for economic reasons.

Obama's intent, as I understand it, is that anyone that qualifies for college, and wants to go, should not be prevented for economic reasons.

Barry had two communist parents, supports single payer, and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders. His intent is always more and more welfare without end!!

Is this the speech you mean?

Transcript: Obama's Speech at the National Urban League Convention | News | BET

How does he get away with ordering everyone to go to college like that?

Jeez...it's just one outrage after another with this President isn't it?

in 2009 he made the statement that any person that wanted to go to college should be able to go to college.

The constant hyberbole here sometimes means I don't think about my replies as much as I should.

I'm coming at it from a different angle.

I work in a public school. Parents expect their kids to go to college. Politicians say stuff like this and give parents the idea that their Downs syndrome child can go to college and if the child shows no progress in that direction, it's the school's fault.
true story BTW ^

But i do know what you mean by hyperbole ;)

I work in a public school. Parents expect their kids to go to college. Politicians say stuff like this and give parents the idea that their Downs syndrome child can go to college and if the child shows no progress in that direction, it's the school's fault.
true story BTW ^

It can't be easy to tell parents the truth about their little darlings at times.

To be fair, Obama included apprenticeships, community colleges and vocational training in his vision for further education.

true story BTW ^

It can't be easy to tell parents the truth about their little darlings at times.

To be fair, Obama included apprenticeships, community colleges and vocational training in his vision for further education.

right, and training to work for Solyndra and other greenies was part of his vision, which of course could not be as good as the Republican free markets vision!! Is that hard for you to understand.

true story BTW ^

right, and training to work for Solyndra and other greenies was part of his vision, which of course could not be as good as the Republican free markets vision!! Is that hard for you to understand.

Perfectly conservative non-sequiter.
The discussion was about making education and training accessible to all.
I bet you have Post-It notes with talking points that you just have to get out stuck all over your computer, no matter whether they have anything to do with the conversation or not.
Now do you understand why we are convinced that conservatives can't hold more than one thought in their head at the same time?

Yeah, what a "snob" to think we should educate our kids.

Meanwhile, rw's want to cut education and the damn GObP wants to cut funding.

Then, there's the conservative Texasss school book writers who want to (or did?) take Jefferson out of the textbooks because he didn't contribute much.

Wish the lot of them would secede.

right, and training to work for Solyndra and other greenies was part of his vision, which of course could not be as good as the Republican free markets vision!! Is that hard for you to understand.[/QUOTE]

and I said the liberal Obama accessible training would often be for non-existent greenie Solyndra jobs. Get it now?????

and I said the liberal Obama accessible training would often be for non-existent greenie Solyndra jobs. Get it now?????[/QUOTE]

A perfect example of conservatives' lack of reason.

Most training can be transported between companies - it's unlikely that a diploma in sweeping floors or precision machining will only be good for one company.

Now do you see why we are 100% certain that conservatives are unable to present a logical argument because their conclusion must always refer to their hatred of Obama?

A perfect example of conservatives' lack of reason.

lets see!!!

Most training can be transported between companies - it's unlikely that a diploma in sweeping floors or precision machining will only be good for one company.

if i disagreed I'll pay you $10,000.
Bet or run away with your liberal strawman between your legs!!

Now do you see why we are 100% certain that conservatives are unable to present a logical argument?

no dear, don't see at all please try to explain!! Thanks; if you can't you must admit to being a liberal.

because it is so embarrassing to admit their government programs have failed. It would be like Castro admitting his government programs had failed. To a liberal its better to watch people die than admit to failure.

A voucher system would obviously produce constant capitalistic pressure toward improvement.

Your title is factually incorrect. We do not have the dumbest kids in the world. If you want to argue that we rank near the bottom of industrialized nations in terms of the education quality, despite the fact that we put the second most amount of money towards it than any nation in the world, that would be a fair point. We definitely aren't getting the bang for our buck.

yes its exactly like health care!! The liberals have socialized it and it works like the Soviet Union and Red China worked when they were socialized.

so then why on earth do liberals still support the status quo????

Your title is factually incorrect. We do not have the dumbest kids in the world. If you want to argue that we rank near the bottom of industrialized nations in terms of the education quality, despite the fact that we put the second most amount of money towards it than any nation in the world, that would be a fair point. We definitely aren't getting the bang for our buck.

yes its exactly like health care!! The liberals have socialized it and it works like the Soviet Union and Red China worked when they were socialized.

So here's a change from the status quo: America should make sure our best and brightest young people to college. The college education would be used first and formost for the best inerests of the nation not the student's, not the family's but the country's?

The college education would be used first and formost for the best inerests of the nation not the student's, not the family's but the country's?

the best interest of the country is a booming capitalist economy based on individuals following their passions. It does not come from a liberal Nazi in Washington telling them to do what he guesses is best for the country.

Last edited:

Yeah, what a "snob" to think we should educate our kids.

Meanwhile, rw's want to cut education and the damn GObP wants to cut funding.

Then, there's the conservative Texasss school book writers who want to (or did?) take Jefferson out of the textbooks because he didn't contribute much.

Wish the lot of them would secede.

you mean George Jefferson, right?

By all means let's keep George in there to be politically correct

So here's a change from the status quo: America should make sure our best and brightest young people to college. The college education would be used first and formost for the best inerests of the nation not the student's, not the family's but the country's?

The best interests of the nation are served by each individual pursuing their own individual goals. You are dangerously misguided.

The best interests of the nation are served by each individual pursuing their own individual goals. You are dangerously misguided.

As young people are admitted to a military academy for the service they will render later, so an education could be provided for those most able to profit from education, and no post-service would be required. How many of our most able young people will never see the inside of a college, are we wasting some of our most able?
Did the GI Bill pay off? That education was given for military service, but instead of military service we used the most- able-to-profit criteria and most likely to return a benefit to the US? Of course, we would have to accept that most of the politician's children would qualify.

As young people are admitted to a military academy for the service they will render later, so an education could be provided for those most able to profit from education, and no post-service would be required. How many of our most able young people will never see the inside of a college, are we wasting some of our most able?

"How many of our most able young people will never see the inside of a college"?

Very few.

Central planning and control doesn't work, despite the fantasies of 'progressives.'

Central planning and control doesn't work, despite the fantasies of 'progressives.'

Ever try not planning? Governments plan and control they can't seem to help it. Can you name a nation that does not plan, does not control?

Forum List

Back