American Hero...?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><font color=red>American Hero...?</font></h2></center>

At least that's the way Dubbyuh's supporters would paint him. The reality, though, is far from the image.

The Israeli/Palestinian peace process languished...Dubbyuh did nothing.

The mean global temperature continues to rise, the Kyoto Protocols remain unratified...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The violence in Iraq spirals further and further out of control...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The social safety net continues to erode, leaving more and more people in poverty...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The budget and trade deficits continue to balloon, with no end in sight...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The dollar's freefall continues unchecked, threatening American and world economic progress...Dubbyuh does nothing.

We have not an American Hero, but an American Nero. Just as Nero was content to sit idly by while Rome burned, to rebuild it according to his own plans, perhaps Dubbyuh is content to let America burn in order to rebuild it according to his own ideological bent. And why not? After all, the blueprints were drawn up in <i>"Rebuilding America's Defenses"</i> written by the neo-con think-tank, <i>The Project for the New American Century</i>. Amongst its members are those who have played a role in either the Bush White House or the neo-con movement.

So, we have a choice. We can sit by and do nothing. Or we can start writing, calling, faxing, camping out in the offices of, our elected representatives asking them to do the right thing, not the politically expedient thing. Failing that, we remove them from office at the next election or begin recall movements where they are permitted. Failing these options, we have the The Declaration Of Independence to look to...

<blockquote><i>"--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security --"</i></blockquote>

We can do, as the citizens of Massachusetts did in 1774 when they rose up and took back control of the mechanisms of government from the British after Governor Thomas Gage passed the "Massachusetts Government Act" which effectively violated the Charter of 1691 and disenfranchised all of the citizens of Massachusetts. The choice is ours. We can chose to "<i>suffer, while evils are sufferable"</i>. Or we can act before the evils become insufferable.

Sir Evil said:
American Asshole? Surely looking that way for you Bully!

rolleyes.gif

Is that the best you can do? I did expect better from you old son.

Sir Evil said:
Well you know how it goes Bully, Your same old rhetoric gets a little boring after a while and therefore it's hard to even legitimize a response. Isn't it kind of easy to recognize my typical responses to you anymore? :D

2up.gif

cussing.gif

You know I'm right, you just can bear to admit it. :teeth:

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><font color=red>American Hero...?</font></h2></center>

At least that's the way Dubbyuh's supporters would paint him. The reality, though, is far from the image.

The mean global temperature continues to rise, the Kyoto Protocols remain unratified...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The violence in Iraq spirals further and further out of control...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The social safety net continues to erode, leaving more and more people in poverty...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The budget and trade deficits continue to balloon, with no end in sight...Dubbyuh does nothing.

The dollar's freefall continues unchecked, threatening American and world economic progress...Dubbyuh does nothing.

We have not an American Hero, but an American Nero. Just as Nero was content to sit idly by while Rome burned, to rebuild it according to his own plans, perhaps Dubbyuh is content to let America burn in order to rebuild it according to his own ideological bent. And why not? After all, the blueprints were drawn up in <i>"Rebuilding America's Defenses"</i> written by the neo-con think-tank, <i>The Project for the New American Century</i>. Amongst its members are those who have played a role in either the Bush White House or the neo-con movement.

So, we have a choice. We can sit by and do nothing. Or we can start writing, calling, faxing, camping out in the offices of, our elected representatives asking them to do the right thing, not the politically expedient thing. Failing that, we remove them from office at the next election or begin recall movements where they are permitted. Failing these options, we have the The Declaration Of Independence to look to...

<blockquote><i>"--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security --"</i></blockquote>

We can do, as the citizens of Massachusetts did in 1774 when they rose up and took back control of the mechanisms of government from the British after Governor Thomas Gage passed the "Massachusetts Government Act" which effectively violated the Charter of 1691 and disenfranchised all of the citizens of Massachusetts. The choice is ours. We can chose to "<i>suffer, while evils are sufferable"</i>. Or we can act before the evils become insufferable.

Amazing how doing nothing is the exact right move in so many situations!

I am amazed that you actually believe the crap you are spouting off.

I supposed that the President is somehow supposed to end 2000 years of violence in the middle east overnight. Exactly how do you expect peace when one side wants to slaughter side? Clinton already had Israel hand over everything the Palestinians claimed to have wanted. What exactly could Bush do that Clinton didnt already do? I think its about time we did nothing and let the Israelis and Palestinians take care of their own problem.

And you act as this is a bad thing? Kyoto was a horrible treaty. Even Clinton didnt want to sign it. Nor has any other supposed leftist utopia. signing Kyoto would have destroyed our economy and quite frankly environmentalists still havent proven that global warming is anything other than the natural cycle of climate change. Why the heck should the President sign anything that would destroy our economy to validate junk science?

Im sure the Fallujah and Mosul raids have been nothing then? Please! come on we are all smarter than this, why do you act like we are stupid for not blindly believing you?

For one i have to say BS. name one social safety net that is eroding. Heck name one that needs to exist to begin with. Look at Europe and Canada with their so called safety nets. There civilization has been crumbling. What we need is smaller government. Lets get rid of these horribly inefficient safety nets that drain our resources and human character and let Americans help others through the goodness of their own heart rather than being forced to.

No end in sight? does nothing? the Governments rate of growth has been shrinking quite a bit the past year or so. Not as fast as we might like but considering we are fighting a global war on terror and allowing seniors to get government paid drugs.

Again you act as though this is a bad thing? There are some advantages to having a weaker dollar sometimes.

And you wonder why Americans dont agree with you. your analysis of things is just horrible.

Forum List

Back