American Dentist Identified As Killer Of Famed Lion In Zimbabwe

He will likely pay...

$65,000 for his next Lion.
His business is closed down...no income coming in

I agree with Emily. If he was totally unaware of the lion being a monitored lion and the guides defrauded him, then he should not be the one who is feeling the pain. The guides should be prosecuted.

Still, I find it hard to believe that:
-He did not see the GPS collar when he fired his arrow
-He allowed the guides to cut the collar off without taking some corrective action
-He allowed the guides to behead and skin the lion

Lots of questions to answer, it seems.

yeah, sure! You truly believe that? Look at his history- sexual assault at his practice, illegal hunt and kill of a bear; has killed rhinos, leopards and now a lion....

This beautiful creature killed so that this scumbag can feel like a man. This type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55b78e38e4b0a13f9d1a1d0

An American dentist with an affinity for killing rare wildlife using a bow and arrow has been identified as the man who shot and killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion earlier this month, local officials claim.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a dentist working in Bloomington, Minnesota, is said to have paid $55,000 to hunt the 13-year-old lion, named Cecil, according to a report from The Telegraph. The animal was allegedly lured with meat out of Hwange National Park -- a protected area that bans hunting -- into an adjacent hunting zone where he was shot with an arrow. The lion was then followed for 40 hours before he was ultimately killed with a rifle.

The Zimbabwe tourism department also sent out a tweet early Tuesday identifying Palmer as the man who killed Cecil, using the hashtag #illegalhunt.
You sound like a hysterical woman. The hunting of wild animals is part of conservation. We need hunters to hunt down these beasts so they don't overpopulate. Who hasn't seen deer in areas where they are overpopulated? They are sickly and suffer from starvation. Hunting is the best thing we can do for these animals. Also, giving wild animals names is a bad idea. Calling it Cecil makes it seem like a pet. Bad idea.

God you are clueless. You fall for the lie! No- canned hunting doesn't help the lion pop. or leopard or rhino.

This beautiful creature killed so that this scumbag can feel like a man. This type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

An American dentist with an affinity for killing rare wildlife using a bow and arrow has been identified as the man who shot and killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion earlier this month, local officials claim.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a dentist working in Bloomington, Minnesota, is said to have paid $55,000 to hunt the 13-year-old lion, named Cecil, according to a report from The Telegraph. The animal was allegedly lured with meat out of Hwange National Park -- a protected area that bans hunting -- into an adjacent hunting zone where he was shot with an arrow. The lion was then followed for 40 hours before he was ultimately killed with a rifle.

The Zimbabwe tourism department also sent out a tweet early Tuesday identifying Palmer as the man who killed Cecil, using the hashtag #illegalhunt.

I couldn't reach the link, but I looked up a different article instead:
Bloomington dentist says he regrets killing Cecil the lion - StarTribune.com

Instead of haranguing and harassing the guy,
since he regrets the killing and claims he didn't know the circumstances,
why not petition him and this other hunting groups to contribute to restoring the
lion and wildlife population they have been exploiting for profit.

According to the article I found, the cubs of Cecil are at risk of being killed off
by the next lion. So maybe these hunters can offer restitution by helping to keep those Cubs safe and sustained.

If they learn how much it takes to preserve the wildlife, maybe they will
develop even greater appreciation. And this could heal SOME
of the injury and insult over shooting such a treasured lion. Even a small gesture would mean something
to help the heroic organizations fighting an uphill battle to preserve and bring back the endangered species of Africa.

Why not ask hunters to help contribute instead of wiping out the remaining wildlife?
Where's the restitution for Cecil and the Cubs left behind in need of protection now?

The beautiful Karma in all this, is that now the dentist has become the hunted.....I just love the way life, alway evens the score.

I think this pretty much sums it up:

There is a healthy and an unhealthy love of animals: and the nearest definition of the difference is that the unhealthy love of animals is serious. I am quite prepared to love a rhinoceros, with reasonable precautions: he is, doubtless, a delightful father to the young rhinoceroses. But I will not promise not to laugh at a rhinoceros. . . . I will not worship an animal. That is, I will not take an animal quite seriously: and I know why.

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.

— G. K. Chesterton, “On Seriousness,” The Uses of Diversity (1920).

Read more at: Abortion Animal Welfare -- G. K. Chesterton Was Prescient National Review Online

I couldn't reach the link, but I looked up a different article instead:
Bloomington dentist says he regrets killing Cecil the lion - StarTribune.com

Instead of haranguing and harassing the guy,
since he regrets the killing and claims he didn't know the circumstances,
why not petition him and this other hunting groups to contribute to restoring the
lion and wildlife population they have been exploiting for profit.

According to the article I found, the cubs of Cecil are at risk of being killed off
by the next lion. So maybe these hunters can offer restitution by helping to keep those Cubs safe and sustained.

If they learn how much it takes to preserve the wildlife, maybe they will
develop even greater appreciation. And this could heal SOME
of the injury and insult over shooting such a treasured lion. Even a small gesture would mean something
to help the heroic organizations fighting an uphill battle to preserve and bring back the endangered species of Africa.

Why not ask hunters to help contribute instead of wiping out the remaining wildlife?
Where's the restitution for Cecil and the Cubs left behind in need of protection now?

The beautiful Karma in all this, is that now the dentist has become the hunted.....I just love the way life, alway evens the score.

Of course you do because you Hate People. What a hideous shrew you are.

i dont kill lions or any other cats and i dont eat them or put them on my wall...

Wait... weren't you the one saying humans faced extinction from global warming?

hell no. Im a conservative who loves animals.
Vegetarian?

looking into it....
Till then...

i dont kill lions or any other cats and i dont eat them or put them on my wall...
I see so eating lions and cats that you won't do, but you're good with eating cows, pigs, lamb, chicken?

Forum List

Back