American Dentist Identified As Killer Of Famed Lion In Zimbabwe

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
This beautiful creature killed so that this scumbag can feel like a man. This type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55b78e38e4b0a13f9d1a1d0

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55b77edbe4b0224d8833c39b?ir=Homepage

An American dentist with an affinity for killing rare wildlife using a bow and arrow has been identified as the man who shot and killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion earlier this month, local officials claim.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a dentist working in Bloomington, Minnesota, is said to have paid $55,000 to hunt the 13-year-old lion, named Cecil, according to a report from The Telegraph. The animal was allegedly lured with meat out of Hwange National Park -- a protected area that bans hunting -- into an adjacent hunting zone where he was shot with an arrow. The lion was then followed for 40 hours before he was ultimately killed with a rifle.

The Zimbabwe tourism department also sent out a tweet early Tuesday identifying Palmer as the man who killed Cecil, using the hashtag #illegalhunt.

I hope he rots away in a cell for a long, long time.
It's despicable what he did.
I really liked Cecil he was a magnificent creature may he RIP in Lion heaven.
150727121814-cecil-the-lion-2-large-169.png

This beautiful creature killed so that this scumbag can feel like a man. This type of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

An American dentist with an affinity for killing rare wildlife using a bow and arrow has been identified as the man who shot and killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion earlier this month, local officials claim.

Dr. Walter Palmer, a dentist working in Bloomington, Minnesota, is said to have paid $55,000 to hunt the 13-year-old lion, named Cecil, according to a report from The Telegraph. The animal was allegedly lured with meat out of Hwange National Park -- a protected area that bans hunting -- into an adjacent hunting zone where he was shot with an arrow. The lion was then followed for 40 hours before he was ultimately killed with a rifle.

The Zimbabwe tourism department also sent out a tweet early Tuesday identifying Palmer as the man who killed Cecil, using the hashtag #illegalhunt.

I tracked the motherfucker down. This is his website: General Cosmetic Dentistry Bloomington MN - River Bluff Dental
It's down. Imagine that. I hope the people of Bloomington take him the rest of the way down.

My dad used to do this kind of shit, for years. It's embarrassing. What he shot, had brought back to the U.S. and stuffed. No reason for it. No good comes from it. They are predatory assholes who are sociopathic.

I couldn't reach the link, but I looked up a different article instead:
Bloomington dentist says he regrets killing Cecil the lion - StarTribune.com

Instead of haranguing and harassing the guy,
since he regrets the killing and claims he didn't know the circumstances,
why not petition him and this other hunting groups to contribute to restoring the
lion and wildlife population they have been exploiting for profit.

According to the article I found, the cubs of Cecil are at risk of being killed off
by the next lion. So maybe these hunters can offer restitution by helping to keep those Cubs safe and sustained.

If they learn how much it takes to preserve the wildlife, maybe they will
develop even greater appreciation. And this could heal SOME
of the injury and insult over shooting such a treasured lion. Even a small gesture would mean something
to help the heroic organizations fighting an uphill battle to preserve and bring back the endangered species of Africa.

Why not ask hunters to help contribute instead of wiping out the remaining wildlife?
Where's the restitution for Cecil and the Cubs left behind in need of protection now?

why not petition him and this other hunting groups to contribute to restoring the

According to the article I found, the cubs of Cecil are at risk of being killed off
by the next lion. So maybe these hunters can offer restitution by helping to keep those Cubs safe and sustained.

of the injury and insult over shooting such a treasured lion. Even a small gesture would mean something
to help the heroic organizations fighting an uphill battle to preserve and bring back the endangered species of Africa.

Why not ask hunters to help contribute instead of wiping out the remaining wildlife?
Where's the restitution for Cecil and the Cubs left behind in need of protection now?

What will work faster is to put this dentist out of business. Boycott his practice. As soon as his website opens up again I'm going to email him and I hope everybody does.

What a fun king coward. Prize hunters are the most disgusting "sportsmen" on Earth.

This mother funkier should be put in a cage with an animal of similar hunting skill as Cecil

2AE7E38F00000578-3177303-Walter_Palmer_left_from_Minnesota_is_believed_to_have_shot_and_k-a-20_1438092983979.jpg

He looks jewish.

Has the media said the name of the synagogue he attends yet?

Sometimes it's necessary.

The Lions of Tsavo : Exploring the Legacy of Africa's Notorious Man-Eaters 1st Edition
by Bruce D. Patterson

51gC-qvCCyL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Deftly written . . . Patterson's book must now be considered the definitive Tsavo lion study... one of the world's leading experts on lions as well as an important conservationist."--Publishers Weekly

Through field research and forensic evidence, a scientist reveals his theory on why two Kenyan lions killed humans and then ate their prey

In March 1898, the British began building a bridge over the Tsavo River in East Africa. In nine months, two male lions killed and ate nearly 135 workers, halting construction.

After a long hunt Colonel J. H. Patterson killed the lions, which are now on display at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago.

As codirector of the Tsavo Research Project, Bruce Patterson has conducted extensive fieldwork throughout the region on these lions. In The Lions of Tsavo, Patterson retells the harrowing story of those bloody nights in Kenya. He presents new forensic evidence on these maneless lions and argues that the man-eating behavior exhibited in 1898 came from the encroachment of human populations on wild habitats.

Patterson continues this theory by exploring man's interaction with the changing Kenyan environment, creating a complete, up-to-date, and scientific look behind this intriguing murder mystery.

I'm absolutely against trophy hunters and I'm hoping this dentist loses all his clients and winds up living in a box under a bridge somewhere. What makes these a-holes kill for fun and to prop up their questionable masculinity? I'm disgusted.

Such a brave man

Killing what is essentially a pet

What will work faster is to put this dentist out of business. Boycott his practice. As soon as his website opens up again I'm going to email him and I hope everybody does.
Hey - it's not like he refused to bake a queer cake. :slap:

...or is it? :dunno:

Since tempers are flaring, why not go a step further and boycott circuses as well? Caging animals for human entertainment is disgusting, too. So are rodeos where animals are ridden, shocked, stabbed with spurs, wrestled to the ground, etc. And children are taught to be bull riders by riding sheep.

Animals were not put here for our enjoyment. Revere them when you must kill them to EAT, or use their parts for your survival. You don't kill them to stuff them as a trophy, ride them as an amusement ride or cage them to perform. Period.

I think his hobby sucks, but not so much that him and his employees should be intimidated. Americans go overseas to do worse things than that.

He's an asshole. I hope someone shoots him with an arrow and he suffers for 40 hours, then he dies after finally being put out of his misery.
I have no mercy for animal killers.

Forum List

Back