America needs single payer

I served as well, your approval is not necessary or required, and my VA health care has been competent to outstanding. It has not been so for some of our comrades under Bush and Obama. It needs to be better under the next President. To suggest it is all bad is simply stupid, because that is not so.

For someone who served you say some pretty asinine things...and I do not believe my 'approval' is necessary. I am glad to hear that your VA care has been great, but it has NOT been for all veterans. Many have DIED waiting for health care! I am not suggesting it is all bad, but one dead Vet waiting for health care whole 'administrators' line their pockets and cover up the problems is one too many. It doesn't need to be fixed under the next President - it needs to be fixed NOW! Our comrades in arms did not tell the government to WAIT when we were called to go fight. We didn't tell them to 'hold on, I will get right on that in a few months', so it is not too much to demand they honor their promise NOW!

Those are your words again, not mine. I am expert on the fact, though, that you are loony as is Flash.

Every time you ATTEMPT to speak for anyone other than yourself you demonstrate how much a self-important egotistical blow-hard you are. You just keep right on embarrassing yourself. :p

People don't become doctors to make lots of money

Actually, yeah, they do.

they become doctors to help people. Simple as that.

It's a combination of both, but money is a huge motivator otherwise they wouldn't put in the work if they weren't going to reap the reward. The only thing simple is your pea sized brain.

Eight and a half minutes of education, with which most Americans won't bother.

It works great, it's ready to be scaled up.

Scaling it up would simply recreate all the problems of the traditional health care market. Single payer, implemented via Medicare-for-all or otherwise, is still insurance. Insurance is the problem, not the solution.

Scaling it up would simply recreate all the problems of the traditional health care market. Single payer, implemented via Medicare-for-all or otherwise, is still insurance. Insurance is the problem, not the solution.
Medicare operates at a much lower overhead than private insurance, as would Medicare For All, and it works.

Actually, yeah, they do.

It's a combination of both, but money is a huge motivator otherwise they wouldn't put in the work if they weren't going to reap the reward. The only thing simple is your pea sized brain.
Keep lying to yourself. Its obvious you are great at it. :) Another simple fact that the rest of the world is obviously grasped but the republitard/libertariantard folks here have is healthcare is a RIGHT. You should NEVER have to choose between eating or paying for a doctor visit.

Canada, Mexico, Britian and most of the more respectable european nations have it.
1. 100% of all people have healthcare
2. Most of these nations spend less dollars. What do we get for $8,100/person??? Canada is far cheaper!!! They also don't allow their drug companies to jack up prices to take away peoples retirements.
3. No one is left dying while some rich mother fucker is getting millions of dollars off of the system. It is called a failure of the market system. Canada has shown us the way and it is time to dump this shit!!!!

What's funny is the reality that none of these other nations soak the people most in need as much as we do. And for what? Oh'yesss, so some ceo or board member can live like a king.

I say replace Obamacare with single payer!!! Do it now. I honestly don't understand why the republicans would want a system that been shown to fail and costs this nation so much.
Na, we don't...

Start with getting rid of all frivolous lawsuits prices will go way down for medical care, then free market competition nation wide... We have far, far too much federal government in our lives to call this a free country as it is.

Medicare operates at a much lower overhead than private insurance, as would Medicare For All, and it works.

And Medicare underpays for services which is why many private practitioners won't accept it and hospitals raise costs on everyone else to make up for that short fall, thus contributing to the problem of rising health care costs.

And Medicare underpays for services which is why many private practitioners won't accept it and hospitals raise costs on everyone else to make up for that short fall, thus contributing to the problem of rising health care costs.
Then under Medicare For All costs would be reduced.

I don't know what people mean by "Medicare for all".

Right now, the Medicare program includes Medicare, market-based Medicare Supplements, market-based Medicare Advantage plans and market-based Part D drug coverage. That's what I'm talking about scaling up.

This is not the same as a pure Single Payer system.

It would be helpful if we were all discussing the same thing.

Right now, the Medicare program includes Medicare, market-based Medicare Supplements, market-based Medicare Advantage plans and market-based Part D drug coverage. That's what I'm talking about scaling up.

I don't think most of these people have any idea what they are talking about.

I don't think most of these people have any idea what they are talking about.
Yep, that's my guess.

Actually, yeah, they do.

Keep lying to yourself. Its obvious you are great at it. :) Another simple fact that the rest of the world is obviously grasped but the republitard/libertariantard folks here have is healthcare is a RIGHT. You should NEVER have to choose between eating or paying for a doctor visit.

why is healthcare a RIGHT to be provided by the government?......shouldn't eating & shelter & clothing also be RIGHTS......?

where is my food....? i want the government to pay for my house and clothes too.....dammit i want my RIGHTS....!

It's a stupid idea. The last thing we need is the Canadian or the British System. Any system for that matter.

Don't give the goverent that much control over your life and don't force me to pay for the healthcare of others.

Fuck those parasites.
You pay for others' care now, every time a poor person visits the emergency room.

But I only pay for that visit. BIG difference. You can't tell me you think it would be cheaper to pay for all of that poor persons healthcare.

That doesn't matter. The problem with insurance isn't the overhead. It's our abuse of the insurance model. We're trying to use it as a general financing scheme, which is profoundly stupid. Insurance is a hedge against risk. Not a club you join to get access to health care bills.

That doesn't matter. The problem with insurance isn't the overhead. It's our abuse of the insurance model. We're trying to use it as a general financing scheme, which is profoundly stupid. Insurance is a hedge against risk. Not a club you join to get access to health care bills.
A Rightie saying cost doesn't matter .. amazing.

Forum List

Back