America is not a democracy

IDNeon

Feb 3, 2015
Republicans were elected by 1/6th of total electorate. That is not a democracy that is a sham.

upload_2015-2-3_13-49-22.jpeg

America is not a Democracy, America is a Representative Republic.

Democracy says that 51% make the rules, which include putting YOU and I in Jail.

We don't want a Democracy do we?

Democracy says that 51% make the rules, which include putting YOU and I in Jail.

But Karl Rove's entire "Bush strategy" was that you only needed to win "51%" of the vote!

You don't know that democracy/representative republic are the same thing you moron. How do you like that government elected by 18% of the people?

Democracy is not American.
True, although it has more and more for more than 100 years been crowding out republicanism.
Fundamentally American views - western view - are to be affiliated with democratic ideas, but it doesn't mean America is necessarily to be a democracy when the most American ideas are Capitalism and ones freedom..which is leading us to Republicanism inspired by democratic ideas.

But Karl Rove's entire "Bush strategy" was that you only needed to win "51%" of the vote!

You don't know that democracy/representative republic are the same thing you moron. How do you like that government elected by 18% of the people?
I understand that you're allergic to the word "Republic" but that just means you don't understand what a Republic IS. Voting is not Democracy. Voting is an "Instrument" of Democracy.

Separation of Powers is an "instrument" of Democracy.

Courts, Juries and Grand Juries are "Instruments" of Democracy. About the only thing in existence that is close to a Democracy are State Ballot Initiatives that need 51%, and how many of those get shot down in Court when they're Appealed?

You don't want a Pure Democracy because then the Majority can vote to take away your Rights. You think the Majority can vote to take away your own Voting Right? No! Then you don't believe in a Pure Democracy either.

Pure Democracy = Mob Rule

Republicans were elected by 1/6th of total electorate. That is not a democracy that is a sham.
You were correct in the title of your thread. The form of government of the USA is Constitutional Republic. Representatives to the Legislative Branch and some offices of the Executive Branch and Judicial Branch are elected through democratic process.
You know what democracy is?
When two wolves and a rabbit are voting what's for dinner.
(Just to make sure you understand the analogy: the wolves are carnivores and the rabbit is herbivore) Carnivore: an animal that feeds on flesh. Herbivore: an animal that feeds on plants.

Forum List

Back