America – and Western Civilization As a Whole – Was Founded On a Conspiracy Theory

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Based on your use of the term "conspiracy" every action of every group of people consitutes a conspiracy.

Etymologically, "conspiracy" literally means "to breathe together" so I guess, in a kind of way, you might be kind of right.

But the de facto meaning of conspiracy generally means a group of people secretly planning something, especially something criminal.

What I think society is really suffering from isn't a secret plan.

It's a plan that is taking place in the open but that is being called something other than what it really is.

Is that really a conspiracy?

Or is it merely an outcome that comes from like-minded people each working with their shared values, but values that lead to problems for those who are not PART of the group in power?

I think Americans are mostly SLAVES who are either too happy or too stupid or too frightened to notice or even attempt to escape their own bondage.

• Banned
Based on your use of the term "conspiracy" every action of every group of people consitutes a conspiracy.

Etymologically, "conspiracy" literally means "to breathe together" so I guess, in a kind of way, you might be kind of right.

But the de facto meaning of conspiracy generally means a group of people secretly planning something, especially something criminal.

It's a plan that is taking place in the open but that is being called something other than what it really is.

Or is it merely an outcome that comes from like-minded people each working with their shared values, but values that lead to problems for those who are not PART of the group in power?

I think Americans are mostly SLAVES who are either too happy or too stupid or too frightened to notice or even attempt to escape their own bondage.

Your last sentence says it all. :clap2:

If you look at the 2012 political scene; the average GOP voter is a poster girl for those that believe conspiracy theories. More than any other group is the TEA Party morons who rally 9/11 style for nearly any perceived slight or other nefarious reason.

I mean, we've heard it all. Obama is a muslim. Obama is a Kenyan. Obama doesn't love America. Obama....

That the TEA party is destroying the GOP from the inside is fun if you're a liberal like me or a Democratic opponent. However, I understand that there are sincere differences of opinion on how to address the problems our country faces. It helps to have aggressive debate on these topics so that the remedy is usually somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. That the TEA party makes the GOP squander the center robs any intelligent republicans of a vibrant party to represent their views.

Your last sentence says it all. :clap2:

Ditto.

Forum List

Back