Amelia Earhart

Why are we actually expending energy on an event that happened 70 years ago?What can it possibly net us at this point? My gosh, have we nothing more pressing on our plates currently? Our whole country is in the shitter and we focus on this crap. Who the hell cares, what difference could it possibly make, and nothing can be changed at this point? We are simply into drama. If there isn't enough going on in our lives, we'll manufacture something.

I'm very curious as to why the government, more than 70 years later still has top secret files on this event
Where in that silly news article does it say the government is funding anything related to solving the mystery?

Why are we actually expending energy on an event that happened 70 years ago?What can it possibly net us at this point? My gosh, have we nothing more pressing on our plates currently? Our whole country is in the shitter and we focus on this crap. Who the hell cares, what difference could it possibly make, and nothing can be changed at this point? We are simply into drama. If there isn't enough going on in our lives, we'll manufacture something.

I'm very curious as to why the government, more than 70 years later still has top secret files on this event
Where in that silly news article does it say the government is funding anything related to solving the mystery?

If the government is involved, government money is being spent in some format, sending personal there to investigate. Private fund are highly unlikely because nobody cares 70 years after the fact. Meaningless bullshit!

Jesus are you clueless.

Folks have been trying to figure out what happened to her and Fred Noonan for those seventy years and it seems they have finally found the answer to a mystery.

Some folks like to have mysteries solved. Apparently you don't.

Simply nosiness. Let the poor woman and her relatives rest in peace. History has a way of fabrication. Not only that, but there's theories about this possibility and that one. Bear in mind that's all they are is theories. We'll never know with absolute surety. Why speculate and spin your wheels going nowhere, but apparently that's something you prefer doing.

That's the point. Don't you think her relatives would like to know what happened to her??

Oh and its not going nowhere. Bones were found and they are hoping to find more for proof positive.

Just because you don't want a mystery solved doesn't mean everyone is a shortsighted as you are.

Relatives have no doubt moved on in seventy years . Why did this up for them all over again and reopen their wounds. Have you no compassionate? Regardless, it's all merely speculation at this point, bones or not. Get a life today, and stop living in the past, for crying out loud!

Good God. You are a moron.

Her disappearance has been a mystery for seventy years and you can bet her relatives are glad its finally solved.

Bones hold DNA.

I have a life and I don't live in the past. I just like a mystery that's solved.

Jesus your clueless.

The Govt. isn't funding it. Its simply people who used their own money because they wanted to try to solve the mystery.

The last time the Govt. funded it was when she disappeared and search planes were out looking for her and that was seventy years ago.

Just as with the JFK assassination, it is as it was first reported. Her plane ran out of fuel and ditched. They drown and the plane sank. Otherwise by now there would have been SOMETHING found of it.

JFK was killed by Oswald from the book despository just as it was first reported. All evidence points to this, including the use of ballistic gel that showed the bullet used would create the keyhole wound found in the back of John Connally, created by the tumbling of the bullet type used in Oswald's gun.

Why are people still interested in this stuff? The same reason they were forever interested in where the Titanic was.

Just as with the JFK assassination, it is as it was first reported. Her plane ran out of fuel and ditched. They drown and the plane sank. Otherwise by now there would have been SOMETHING found of it.

JFK was killed by Oswald from the book despository just as it was first reported. All evidence points to this, including the use of ballistic gel that showed the bullet used would create the keyhole wound found in the back of John Connally, created by the tumbling of the bullet type used in Oswald's gun.

Why are people still interested in this stuff? The same reason they were forever interested in where the Titanic was.

It's fascinating. Does everything have to have a purpose?

The investigation is privately funding by a group that searches for missing aircraft. Their reports are generally made available for researchers such as authors and TV or Documentary producers. They recently, October, released a final report on their extensive report on the Earhart case.

www.tighar.org

Anyone can go over this organization's reports and some old books and articles and simply repackage into a "new" theory".

The magic bullet that wounded Connally wasn't magic at all. Connelly seat height in the presidential limo was different from the seat Kennedy was sitting in.

The magic bullet that wounded Connally wasn't magic at all. Connelly seat height in the presidential limo was different from the seat Kennedy was sitting in.
Oh boy, here we go.

And my first thought after reading about it, was how could the planes radio transmit over a long distance while on the ground.
Atmospheric "bounce" - same way one can receive AM & shortwave radio at much greater distances than FM and higher frequency bands.

Again, they did tests with ballistic gel in the form of JFK and Connally and the bullet did the same thing it did during the assassination.

Oh boy, here we go.

You have a different view?

And my first thought after reading about it, was how could the planes radio transmit over a long distance while on the ground.
Atmospheric "bounce" - same way one can receive AM & shortwave radio at much greater distances than FM and higher frequency bands.

I suppose a powerful signal can "bounce" halfway round the world, but I'm thinking the radios used in Earharts plane weren't so powerful as that. Unless they were modified or replaced with more powerful radios.

I suppose a powerful signal can "bounce" halfway round the world, but I'm thinking the radios used in Earharts plane weren't so powerful as that. Unless they were modified or replaced with more powerful radios.
I don't think that a signal really needs to be all that powerful to get some good range. I used to operate a 2-meter band (144-148 MHz, higher than FM) handheld and was able to reach repeaters several miles away in an urban environment, and IIRC, it only had a couple watts of power.
Modern VHF aircraft radios usually have 25W of transmitting power, so that would give a range of well over 100 miles, and approaching 300 with a decent receiver antenna (with the transmitter on the ground).
How Far Can I Talk on 2 Meters?
Seeing as how Earhart's plane was intended to cross the Pacific, I'd assume that more powerful radios and/or preamps would be used, as you proposed. That, along with the fact that radios back then were probably HF (2850 KHz-24890 KHz), would possibly allow for some amazing communication range.

I don't think that a signal really needs to be all that powerful to get some good range. I used to operate a 2-meter band (144-148 MHz, higher than FM) handheld and was able to reach repeaters several miles away in an urban environment, and IIRC, it only had a couple watts of power.
Modern VHF aircraft radios usually have 25W of transmitting power, so that would give a range of well over 100 miles, and approaching 300 with a decent receiver antenna (with the transmitter on the ground).
How Far Can I Talk on 2 Meters?
Seeing as how Earhart's plane was intended to cross the Pacific, I'd assume that more powerful radios and/or preamps would be used, as you proposed. That, along with the fact that radios back then were probably HF (2850 KHz-24890 KHz), would possibly allow for some amazing communication range.

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't have tried to cross the pacfic back then without first installing the best radios money can buy.
And this is just another guess on my part, the best radios money could buy back then would have been military.

Amelia was not that great an aviator

She made her name because she looked like a female Lindbergh and her husband was a publicist.

Her own errors in judgement led to her death

During the Navy's search for Earhart after they lost contact, a person in Florida was using a short wave radio and intercepted Earhart sending out frantic distress calls for help.

Jesus are you clueless.

Folks have been trying to figure out what happened to her and Fred Noonan for those seventy years and it seems they have finally found the answer to a mystery.

Some folks like to have mysteries solved. Apparently you don't.

Simply nosiness. Let the poor woman and her relatives rest in peace. History has a way of fabrication. Not only that, but there's theories about this possibility and that one. Bear in mind that's all they are is theories. We'll never know with absolute surety. Why speculate and spin your wheels going nowhere, but apparently that's something you prefer doing.

That's the point. Don't you think her relatives would like to know what happened to her??

Oh and its not going nowhere. Bones were found and they are hoping to find more for proof positive.

Just because you don't want a mystery solved doesn't mean everyone is a shortsighted as you are.

Relatives have no doubt moved on in seventy years . Why did this up for them all over again and reopen their wounds. Have you no compassionate? Regardless, it's all merely speculation at this point, bones or not. Get a life today, and stop living in the past, for crying out loud!

Good God. You are a moron.

Her disappearance has been a mystery for seventy years and you can bet her relatives are glad its finally solved.

Bones hold DNA.

I have a life and I don't live in the past. I just like a mystery that's solved.

Jesus your clueless.

Bones with DNA hold no clues about what happened whatsoever. Now who's being "clueless"?

Sort of interesting, I usually skip an article with headline containing a question mark and have attitude 'when you have facts to report let me know'. But this stuff along with Hitler, dinosaurs, UFO aliens, etc. sometimes breaks that rule.

Forum List

Back