Amazon sounds like a horrible company to work for

Amazon warehouse workers skip bathroom breaks to keep their jobs, says report
Amazon warehouse workers are forced to pee in bottles or forego their bathroom breaks entirely because fulfillment demands are too high, according to journalist James Bloodworth, who went undercover as an Amazon worker for his book, Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain. Targets have reportedly increased exponentially, workers say in anew survey revealed over the weekend, and as result, they feel pressured and stressed to meet the new goals.

Workers who pick up products for delivery at a warehouse in Staffordshire, UK use bottles instead of the actual toilet, which is located too far away, Bloodworth reported. They are afraid of being disciplined for idling and losing their jobs as a result, he added. Bloodworth told The Sun in an interview that the warehouse resembled a prison or an airport, with high security scanners that check workers for banned items like hoodies, sunglasses, and phones, and other employees who pat down workers to check for stolen goods.
-----
Bezos makes around 200K an HOUR! Can he not afford to hire more people to keep up with demand, so these people dont piss themselves?
I have also heard their wages arent that great. Probably like Walmart.. I wonder if they have to piss themselves to keep their jobs, too?

Sooner or later Amazon will figure out robots don't need to pee and are less likely to attempt a five finger discount ... :thup:
Initial installation may be costly and labor intensive ... But the returns should pan out.

Maybe they'll install robotic security........

990a3c8576b27b6058984dbdca7b2240.jpg

Amazon is horrible and destroying brick & mortar, mom & pop stores and whatever else. Some people are even ordering food from them, so they are competing with grocery stores and farmers' markets. Their drone delivery idea is beyond stupid.

But besides that, the US Postal Service is probably giving them a regular bulk discount, and Trump hates them because they share an owner with the Washington Post. I doubt he has a problem with corrupt multinationals.

Last edited:
Time for the workers to organize and get themselves a Union to look out for their needs.
They could probably take care of that without a Union, wouldnt you think?
By quitting?
I was thinking about strikes or something. IDK man.. i know i wouldnt never work under those conditions making 12 bucks an hour. I guess i would if i had to, but i would be looking for other jobs nonstop.
I wouldn’t either but somebody has to. Until the robots are ready, anyways.

Time for the workers to organize and get themselves a Union to look out for their needs.
They could probably take care of that without a Union, wouldnt you think?
By quitting?
I was thinking about strikes or something. IDK man.. i know i wouldnt never work under those conditions making 12 bucks an hour. I guess i would if i had to, but i would be looking for other jobs nonstop.
I wouldn’t either but somebody has to. Until the robots are ready, anyways.
If they came together, there would be another option.

Amazon warehouse workers skip bathroom breaks to keep their jobs, says report
Amazon warehouse workers are forced to pee in bottles or forego their bathroom breaks entirely because fulfillment demands are too high, according to journalist James Bloodworth, who went undercover as an Amazon worker for his book, Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain. Targets have reportedly increased exponentially, workers say in anew survey revealed over the weekend, and as result, they feel pressured and stressed to meet the new goals.

Workers who pick up products for delivery at a warehouse in Staffordshire, UK use bottles instead of the actual toilet, which is located too far away, Bloodworth reported. They are afraid of being disciplined for idling and losing their jobs as a result, he added. Bloodworth told The Sun in an interview that the warehouse resembled a prison or an airport, with high security scanners that check workers for banned items like hoodies, sunglasses, and phones, and other employees who pat down workers to check for stolen goods.
-----
Bezos makes around 200K an HOUR! Can he not afford to hire more people to keep up with demand, so these people dont piss themselves?
I have also heard their wages arent that great. Probably like Walmart.. I wonder if they have to piss themselves to keep their jobs, too?
I dont believe that for one minute

Forum List

Back