Almost One-Half of America is 'Broke As a Joke'

Trump wants to give the top 1/10 of 1 % a bigger tax cut than the bottom 120 million HOUSEHOLDS. That'll help lol...

You incompetent DUPE! You can't give the bottom a tax break. Why? Because, and let me spell it for you so that even a former UNION teacher like yourself can understand-------> T-h-e-y p-a-y n-o t-a-x-e-s! And you taught somebody something? And what was that, how to be a Marxist!
If you count all taxes and fees, EVERYONE pays between 20-30%, and all the new wealth goes to the richest. Great job GOP con men and silly dupes like you.

i guess then that me and my brother will be a part of the evil one per-cent as we are about to sell our condos, and both were paid in cash long long time ago.
. Good luck finding buyers in this economy, but then again it all depends on what class level they are in, and what class level you are in. If compatible, then the sell will come, if out of the loop well then good luck.

Just sold a house in Katy,a condo on Tiki Island and I sold my boat.
All sold within one month.

Meaningless statistic.

My household net worth was approximately zero as I crossed over into my 30's, even though my wife and I were both college grads and working "professional" jobs. If Debt = Assets, your net worth is zero; you are BROKE. Now I'm in my 60's and money is no longer an issue.

Was I "poor" in 1979? Should I have gotten some sort of debt relief? Welfare? Subsidized housing?

Or was that about where I could expect to be, given that I grew up poor and had no parental support after age 18?

If someone fails to graduate from high school, doesn't diligently pursue gainful employment, has babies out of wedlock, and spends what little s/he has on frivolous crappp, then they deserve to be poor. There is no inherent injustice in "inequality," no matter now many politicians try to pretend that there is.

i guess then that me and my brother will be a part of the evil one per-cent as we are about to sell our condos, and both were paid in cash long long time ago.
. Good luck finding buyers in this economy, but then again it all depends on what class level they are in, and what class level you are in. If compatible, then the sell will come, if out of the loop well then good luck.
my brother has a condo on Hollywood beach fla. i think he already has a buyer, that area is just doing fine for condo sales, and here in Naples,fla,,,we are doing ok as well, i have a coach style unit with Garage, these sell pretty quickly, I just want that big 200k+ check! then off to Sarasota where I plan to steal a condo for about 70k
. Sounds like good sense if don't mind moving about and stuff... Go for it.

my brother has a condo on Hollywood beach fla. i think he already has a buyer, that area is just doing fine for condo sales, and here in Naples,fla,,,we are doing ok as well, i have a coach style unit with Garage, these sell pretty quickly, I just want that big 200k+ check! then off to Sarasota where I plan to steal a condo for about 70k
. Sounds like good sense if don't mind moving about and stuff... Go for it.
i check the nearby condos daily here, started about 3 weeks ago,,,,two bedroom condos about 170 (country clubbish area),,,and no garage,,,so I figure If i have a garage,,i can ask 225K...they seem to be selling at a rate of one a week, only 13 left,,,i still have to work on making the place look immaculate,,,aka,,,lots of re-painting!!! i am watching the sarasota ones for sale,,there is a big 3 bedroom there,,,looks great,,,asking only 97K??? i wonder why.

Meaningless statistic.

My household net worth was approximately zero as I crossed over into my 30's, even though my wife and I were both college grads and working "professional" jobs. If Debt = Assets, your net worth is zero; you are BROKE. Now I'm in my 60's and money is no longer an issue.

Was I "poor" in 1979? Should I have gotten some sort of debt relief? Welfare? Subsidized housing?

Or was that about where I could expect to be, given that I grew up poor and had no parental support after age 18?

If someone fails to graduate from high school, doesn't diligently pursue gainful employment, has babies out of wedlock, and spends what little s/he has on frivolous crappp, then they deserve to be poor. There is no inherent injustice in "inequality," no matter now many politicians try to pretend that there is.
Duh. But after 30 years of voodoo, worst opportunity ever. see sig.

Either give Dems control of congress or teach GOP how to compromise and what an presidential election means.
The last time that happened the dems did an '08 bailout, and the people didn't see a dime of the relief money because the dems put it in the hands of the bankers, then the dems lost the 2010 seats. So much for that tin foil hat theory.

Meaningless statistic.

. Hmmm, but if someone makes mistakes in life right, you know like so many people do at different times in their lives, and then the parent if only one get's gainfully employed (not a great job at all, but a job none the least), then has or had kids, but then the wife or husband leaves, and then when get some extra money the little family tries to buy some things like a nice TV for the kids to watch, some decent clothes for them to wear, good food for nutritional purposes, and yet all the while struggling in front of the critics who use them to suggest that they are living high on the hog, when in fact everyday is a struggle trying to feel normal in a society that has so much, should they be used like this or should this nation go after the real culprits who hide their hands so well at what they do in which creates these situations that number in the millions to date ????? This nation knows what's wrong, but the dishonesty is flat outright amazing in it all. I don't believe in blanket equality without judging responsibly the merits found in the situations involved, but I do believe in fighting poverty, and the problems that create so much of it. Until this nation gets honest about it all, it will continue, and the heartless back and forth will continue as well. I don't need to beat up on the poor to keep my life intact and moving right along. It's best to find the solutions to getting this nation back to the light, but honesty must be first before the reversal comes.

Either give Dems control of congress or teach GOP how to compromise and what an presidential election means.
The last time that happened the dems did an '08 bailout, and the people didn't see a dime of the relief money because the dems put it in the hands of the bankers, then the dems lost the 2010 seats. So much for that tin foil hat theory.
. I remember Bush being a part of that bail out as well. The cleaning the mess up the Clinton's created, engulfed both parties in doing some foolish things trying to either hide the mess or to somehow clean it up after all these years. And to think that this nation would even consider the Clinton's again ? Wow. :bang3:

. I remember Bush being a part of that bail out as well. The cleaning the mess up the Clinton's created, engulfed both parties in doing some foolish things trying to either hide the mess or to somehow clean it up after all these years. And to think that this nation would even consider the Clinton's again ? Wow. :bang3:

Hilarious. Do you people believe your own lies or just tell them?

Deficit_Chart_2__2-28-13a_zps9cwkdzcq.jpg

Seems to be a pattern here. Republicans spend money like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Shanghai. Reagan tripled the national debt, Bush doubled it.

BS, dupe. That was the GOP bailing out the bankers (TARP). The Dems were 2009 stimulus, tax cuts for the nonrich, infrastructure jobs, bailing out 2 of Big 3 etc. Main St. GOP disgusts everyone with obstruction, so people only come out for presidential elections. Great job!

BS, dupe. That was the GOP bailing out the bankers (TARP). The Dems were 2009 stimulus, tax cuts for the nonrich, infrastructure jobs, bailing out 2 of Big 3 etc. Main St. GOP disgusts everyone with obstruction, so people only come out for presidential elections. Great job!
. The Clinton's got it all going, and then payday finally came. Been digging out ever since.

Just to throw out a couple of data points, a child growing up in a single-parent household, regardless of race, has about a 25% chance of living in more-or-less permanent poverty. A child growing up in a two-parent household where the parents are married, regardless of race, has a less than 10% chance of living in more-or-less permanent poverty. (i.e., 90% are more-or-less middle class).

What does that tell you about "white privilege"?

What does that tell you about the truism that "Actions have consequences"?

Is there any excuse, in 2016, for anyone to have an "unwanted child"?

Forum List

Back