Almost half of Americans work in low paid jobs

Take away stuff that makes everyone on the planet want to be an American, again I say hell no. Don't let them in unless they got something we want.

What they got is cheap labor and Mr Businessman loves His cheap labor far more than He loves His country.
And you shouldn't blame the employer for that kind of thinking.
National ID used for employment eligibility is the only answer.

Where Pot is legal, most companies drop their zero tolerance and just disregard Pot use. However, they draw the line with hard drugs such cocaine, heroin, and crystal meth. With 34 states allowing medical use, which just requires a form filled out by a doctor and 10 allowing unrestricted use by adults, Pot is fast becoming accepted on the same level as alcohol.

Most people can control the use of Pot, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, etc so it does not interfere with their work. However, some people have addictive personalities and they are very likely to become addicted. Hard drugs are in a different category all together. Continuous use almost guarantees addiction for most people.

And I worry about that.

Let me ask you directly..... do you, yes or no, think that those on pot are as productive as those who are not?
Your question can't be answered yes or no because it depends on the person and the situation. I have a son in Florida who suffered from chronic back pain for several years such that he could not hold down a steady job. His doctor put him on a narcotics which relieved the plain but was leading him into addiction. His doctor suggested he start Marijuana and phase out the narcotic which he was able to do. For several years he used Marijuana to reduce the pain such that he was able to work. Last year he had an operation that fixed his back. He has now almost completed phased out the use Marijuana except for an occasion party or gathering with friends. So in the case of my son, the answer is an absolute yes. It literally saved his life. I have a neighbor that abuses Marijuana, stays high most of time and drifts from job to job. In his case, the answer is no.

It's just like alcohol. Some people can drink moderately their entire life with no real ill effect. For others, it's deadly. Some people are easily addicted and other aren't.

I've seen people who drank sometimes, drank all the time, drank constantly. Never at work, and it had no effect whatsoever on their performance.

Yes there are exceptions to every rule.

However, if you look at an over all view.... do you, yes or not, think that those on pot, over all, are as productive as those who are not?

Every single person I know that is a hard worker, is someone who is clean.

Equally, every single person I know, that barely does jack squat.... is a pot user.

Now I don't know about everyone. There are many the do an average job, and maybe they use pot, I don't know.

But I typically get to know the people who are top tier, because I want those people working with me. I also tend to get to know the people who are garbage, because I have to figure out how to have them removed or fired.

I can think of maybe 5 people off the top of my head, that I guessed, based on the fact they were terrible employees, that they were pot users, and they all were. All of them. Nice thing about pot being legalized most places, is that now the garbage in our society tend to admit it.

Now if people come in and do an average job, and use pot now and then, I don't know. If they are not at the top of the game, or the bottom, I tend to not deal with them.

Now all of this is just my personal experience. So it's possible I'm having the most luck of any person in meeting pot users and non-pot users. It could be. I don't know.
From what I have seen in my family and a number of other people, those that use it to extreme do so for one of two reason:
  • Physical, mental, or emotional disorders that causes problems in personal relationships, jobs, and school. There have been a number of studies that show pot does help but there are also studies that show while the drug may solve problems it also creates problems. So it becomes difficult to determine whether poor performance on the job or school is caused by the drug or the underlying problem. Addiction in this group is much higher than recreational users.
  • Few recreational users become addicted but are more likely use pot throughout their life.
Looking at drugs that lead to addiction, 6% of people who use alcohol at least once a week, will eventually become addicted. For Marijuana users it's 9%, 15% for cocaine, and 24% for heroin. However, the most likely substance to cause addiction is tobacco. Thirty-three percent reported symptoms of addiction when smoking at a rate of only one day a month, 49 percent by the time they were smoking one day a week, and 70 percent before they became daily smokers.
Nobody is addicted to marijuana except psychologically.
True. Physical addition is due to actually measurable changes in the brain that tend be rather long lasting caused by certain substances such as cocaine, heroin, meth, and nicotine. Once the body becomes accustom to regular intake, withdrawal causes physical symptoms such shakiness, rapid heart rate, and irritability which is common with tobacco addiction. In more addictive drugs such as cocaine, and heroin the symptoms are more severed such cold sweats, vomiting, very rapid heartbeat, hallucinations, stoke, heart attacks, and death. Marijuana does not contain chemicals that cause these physical symptoms addiction.

Does that mean you can't become addicted to marijuana? No, you certain can become psychologically addicted, just as a person can become addicted to eating, exercise, gambling, sex and just about anything that delivers a feeling of pleasure, exhilaration, or a feeling of well being. Marijuana produces euphoria and a range of psychological and physical effect, however upon withdrawal, physical symptoms are limited, often less that those of compulsive gambler.

Take away stuff that makes everyone on the planet want to be an American, again I say hell no. Don't let them in unless they got something we want.

What they got is cheap labor and Mr Businessman loves His cheap labor far more than He loves His country.
And you shouldn't blame the employer for that kind of thinking.
National ID used for employment eligibility is the only answer.
And the result would be more families on welfare. Because someone uses illicit drug does not mean they can't hold down a job. It depends how much they us and what they use.

Some really do. Not all, but some definitely do. Farmers are the exception to some extent.

They are greedy scum.
Amnesty is simply the intelligent thing to do along with a goddamn ID card. As opposed to all your right-wing idiocy ...

Well, you convinced me with your logic. You said it is "intelligent".

What could I possibly say to that?

Mmm, how about, IT IS NOT INTELLIGENT.
the GOP gave them forever to an open invitation to come into this country work pay taxes on homes everything but vote and get driver's licenses I suppose. It is totally inhumane and uncivilized to throw out hard-working illegals who have done nothing wrong. it is never going to happen wake up and smell the coffee. So stop kicking the immigration problem down the road and allowing them to keep coming in. And no the wall is stupid and won't do a damn thing. Pass amnesty and ID card and enforcement and get this God damn thing over and done with.
How do you stop them from coming in without a wall? Maybe we should line the military up on the border with shoot to kill orders.
Liberals do not want to stop illegals from coming in

Nor do they want to deport them

I don't get why people rate that statement as funny.

That is the stated position of many left-wingers in the country. Hillary herself said... "No one is illegal!" when she was on a campaign stop in California. And people cheered.

Well what does saying "no one is illegal" mean when you are talking about people coming into the country illegally?

It means they want to do away with the illegality of entering the country outside the bounds of the law.

What else could it mean?

Amnesty is simply the intelligent thing to do along with a goddamn ID card. As opposed to all your right-wing idiocy ...

the GOP gave them forever to an open invitation to come into this country work pay taxes on homes everything but vote and get driver's licenses I suppose. It is totally inhumane and uncivilized to throw out hard-working illegals who have done nothing wrong. it is never going to happen wake up and smell the coffee. So stop kicking the immigration problem down the road and allowing them to keep coming in. And no the wall is stupid and won't do a damn thing. Pass amnesty and ID card and enforcement and get this God damn thing over and done with.
No one is doing the illegals wrong, nor do they want to do any of them wrong, but we mustn't give the exploiters of cheap labor easy access to such a thing as cheap labor. They are the ones doing them wrong, and doing American's wrong in the process.
whatever you can go on forever with all this crap. Pass the goddamn 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card and end this ridiculous GOP scam forever. Just like every other modern country that has this problem. You're a bunch of brainwashed functional morons who only care about a ridiculously expensive un American wall that will do nothing.

Pass the goddamn 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with an ID card

No such thing.
[sarcasm]
Yeah, because when I was in high school, I never once.... never even one time.... saw a teenager with a fake ID buying beer and cigarettes. Nope, never happened. Can't think of a single time.
[/sarcasm]

Shows how hollow the Trump economy is

Almost half of Americans work in low-wage jobs

America's unemployment rate is at a half-century low, but it also has a job-quality problem that affects nearly half the population, with a study finding 44% of U.S. workers are employed in low-wage jobs that pay median annual wages of $18,000.

Contrary to popular opinion, these workers aren't teenagers or young adults just starting their careers,

It is because they work less! Want to make it even? Then I have some grass you can cut, and snow you can throw. Interested you BROKE PEOPLE? Or rather, are you just happy sitting on your fat a**es-)

How do you stop them from coming in without a wall? Maybe we should line the military up on the border with shoot to kill orders.

That is the stated position of many left-wingers in the country. Hillary herself said... "No one is illegal!" when she was on a campaign stop in California. And people cheered.

Well what does saying "no one is illegal" mean when you are talking about people coming into the country illegally?

It means they want to do away with the illegality of entering the country outside the bounds of the law.

What else could it mean?
Bologna. Pass amnesty and an ID card and end this goddamn GOP scam forever. If they can't work here they won't come.

What else could it mean?
Bologna. Pass amnesty and an ID card and end this goddamn GOP scam forever. If they can't work here they won't come.
The scam is coming from you

We passed amnesty in 1986 for 3 million illegal aliens

And were told that would solve the problem

But it was a lie

No amnesty for anyone till the invasion has stopped

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

of course the GOP refused to follow through on the ID card and enforcement, brainwashed functional moron. It's a communist plot!! My ass...here's a hint for you, the Republican Masters love the cheap easily bullied labor and distracting idiots whoops brainwashed functional idiots with garbage un American stupid walls that won't work and harassment laws that always turn out to be unconstitutional. Pass the ID card and amnesty and end this mess. You people keep this going forever....

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

of course the GOP refused to follow through on the ID card and enforcement, brainwashed functional moron. It's a communist plot!! My ass...here's a hint for you, the Republican Masters love the cheap easily bullied labor and distracting idiots whoops brainwashed functional idiots with garbage un American stupid walls that won't work and harassment laws that always turn out to be unconstitutional. Pass the ID card and amnesty and end this mess. You people keep this going forever....

of course the GOP refused to follow through on the ID card and enforcement,

How many Dem votes did it get?

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

Destroyed by fear-mongering before it ever got a chance, brainwash functional moron troll idiot.

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

Destroyed by fear-mongering before it ever got a chance, brainwash functional moron troll idiot.
Destroyed by fear-mongering before it ever got a chance,

It got zero Dem votes?

But it was a lie

It got zero Dem votes?
I only do one of your ridiculously stupid questions a day now super troll ignoramus...

But it was a lie

It got zero Dem votes?
I only do one of you ridiculously stupid questions a day now super troll ignoramus...

Sorry if I made you cry.

Your cowardly non-answer proves, once again, Dems are useless twats.

How does a popular corporate chain Resteraunt on the east coast, have what appears to be a 90% Spanish/Mexican staff working ??? Some of the worker's couldn't even speak English.

No one here can tell me that these corporate run chains don't have American's applying for these jobs also. What a sick situation it all is, and it defies everything this nation once believed in (i.e. the American dream for American's starting out in life, and even for those who are satisfied with working in such an industry, and for those whom would one day dream of managing or running such a franchise themselves).

Now you have certain groups doing the very same things or supporting the things in which they had accused other races of doing in the not so long ago past, and doing it more and more and more these days.... They (those guilty) are doing this by supporting discriminating practices against other races in order to gain preferential preferences or treatments for a group that is highly vulnerable in these ways, and this they do by flooding a job place of a certain race of people, otherwise by them on demand agreeing to work for cheap in order to hold out others through that very cheapened process, in which gains special consideration for the group as based upon the strategy that is being used, otherwise by those who are using these group's in these way's.

How does a popular corporate chain Resteraunt on the east coast, have what appears to be a 90% Spanish/Mexican staff working ???
They should be able to hire whomever they want. For whatever reason they want.

Some years back Bill O'Reilly proposed a four-point plan for immigration reform. It is as relevant today as the day it was written.

Talking Points
The Immigration Bill Goes Down
Monday, June 11, 2007

By Bill O'Reilly

The Senate completely blew this. They're at fault. The American people don't want an 800 page immigration bill loaded with a bunch of bullfeathers. The folks want clarity and a fair deal.

So it's no surprise the Senate's deal collapsed into chaos. And that is a bad thing for America, because now we'll have more of the same. Millions of people trying to sneak into the country and the feds having no idea who is here and what they're doing.

So right now, I'm going to give you the No Spin immigration solution. It is simple because, as you know, I am a simple man. There are just four components:

1) secure the southern border with 700, not 300 miles of barrier, double the border patrol and back them up with 10,000 National Guards people. That would effectively shut down human and drug smuggling from Mexico.

2) require all illegal aliens in the country right now to register at the post office with Homeland Security. After registering, they would be given a tamper proof ID card, designating their status and their right to work temporarily in the USA. If the illegal aliens do not register, it's a criminal felony. Right now sneaking across the border is a civil action. Remember that. Subjecting the person to immediate deportation or jail time. The criminal penalty goes way up

3) Any business that hires an illegal worker who doesn't have a tamper proof ID card faces draconian fines and possible prison time for the executives.

4) Each illegal alien would have his case reviewed by federal authorities. And they would decide who would receive a Z-visa to stay and who would not. That takes the blanket amnesty, something many American hate, off the table. It also allows the feds to make rational decisions about who's helping America and who isn't.

Under that banner, no illegal alien who commits a crime while here would be allowed to stay. Also under that program, no welfare of any kind would be paid to folks here illegally. They'd have to work for their living.

Now that is a fair immigration plan that I believe would be acceptable to most Americans. It would also allow the feds to quickly build a database, so Homeland Security would know the extent of the alien intrusion, which we don't know now.

Again, any illegal alien who didn't cooperate with the new law would immediately become an outlaw. And immediate action could be taken against that non-citizen who doesn't comply. That would end the sanctuary city madness and give the federal government more tools to regain control over this out of control situation.

So there you have it — a fair plan to give good people a chance to stay here and earn citizenship down the road -- but a plan that also protects Americans. The No Spin immigration plan is, again, one page and not 800 pages. And it would work.

And that's "The Memo."

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

Will hou stop with the partisan bullshit?

yes many of the repubs in washington are quisling bastards on immigration

but so are the dems

What else could it mean?

But it was a lie

The trouble is that every bright idea the politicians come up with involves amnesty first and empty promises for later

Forum List

Back