Allen West on Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

Have to agree. The phoney outrage being displayed by the kooks is rediculous.

Interesting................a retired military officer is saying that it's okay that these Marines violated the Standards of Conduct as well as the Geneva Conventions, and he just wants to give 'em a slap on the wrist.

They should be courts martialed and gived Bad Conduct Discharges.

I guess West forgot what the rules were when he was in.

I guess you cannot read. He specifically said they should receive the maximum possible punishment under the UCMJ, and be forced to publicly apologize to the Corps and to the world. If you think that is letting them slide you are a fool.
Yeah, he did say that.

He also told everyone else to stfu. I've got news for him: we have freedom of speech in this country AND the military acts at OUR whim, not the other way around.

You stfu, West.

"I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah."

He doesn't?

The man's either a liar or he wasn't paying attention.

And if he wasn't paying attention, then he's a liar for implying that he was.

Interesting................a retired military officer is saying that it's okay that these Marines violated the Standards of Conduct as well as the Geneva Conventions, and he just wants to give 'em a slap on the wrist.

I guess you cannot read. He specifically said they should receive the maximum possible punishment under the UCMJ, and be forced to publicly apologize to the Corps and to the world. If you think that is letting them slide you are a fool.
Yeah, he did say that.

He also told everyone else to stfu. I've got news for him: we have freedom of speech in this country AND the military acts at OUR whim, not the other way around.

You stfu, West.

He told the people like you that have no idea what it means to be a soldier or Marine in combat to STFU. You just took the time to agree with ABS that West is wrong without bothering to point out that it is actually ABS, and you, who are dishonoring the military by not pointing out that we have been at war for over a decade, have had hundreds of thousands of troops in combat during that time, and that most of them have gone out of their way to exemplify a level of professional conduct that gives credit to the military, the country, and you yourself as a citizen.

Would you like me to provide examples of people who have spoken up in defense of the military by pointing this out who have been attacked by -people like you? II agree with West completely, you should shut the fuck up.

"I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah."

He doesn't?

The man's either a liar or he wasn't paying attention.

And if he wasn't paying attention, then he's a liar for implying that he was.

I can't recall it either, would you like to show me who was doing it? All the indignation I saw was anger and outrage from the people who wanted to go in and teach those scumbags a lesson, and none of it was self righteous. The self righteousness came from the assholes who thought those men deserved what happened to them, in other words, it came from the left who hate the military, just like it is now.

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

I guess you've never been in the military. Under NJP, the maximum sentence that any person can receive is 60 days restriction (or 30 days restriction and extra duty), 1/2 months pay for 2 months, and a reduction in rate, with discharge being able to be recommended, but must still be approved by BUPERS in order to be kicked out.

Under a General Courts Martial, the sentences are MUCH more severe, with jail time being able to be awarded for up to several years.

Types of court-martial

There are three types of courts-martial—summary, special and general. A conviction at a general court-martial is equivalent to a civilian conviction in a federal district court. Special courts-martial are considered "federal misdemeanor courts" because they cannot impose confinement longer than one year. Summary courts-martial have no civilian equivalent.

[edit] Summary Court-Martial

Trial by summary court-martial provides a simple procedure for resolution of charges of relatively minor misconduct committed by enlisted members of the military. The summary court-martial consists of one individual. That one officer acts both as prosecuting attorney and defense counsel. The maximum punishment at a summary court-martial varies with the accused's paygrade. If the accused is in the pay grade of E-4 or below, he or she can be sentenced to 30 days of confinement, reduction to pay grade E-1, or restriction for 60 days. Punishments for servicemembers in paygrades E-5 and higher are similar, except that they can only be reduced one paygrade and cannot be confined.

Military members who refuse UCMJ Article 15 nonjudicial punishment can be referred for special court-martial. Usually this decision is made after the commanding officer consults with the command's JAG officer. The accused must consent to trial by summary court-martial before the court can commence.

[edit] Special Court-Martial

A special court-martial is the intermediate court level. It consists of a military judge, trial counsel (prosecutor), defense counsel, and a minimum of three officers sitting as a panel of court members or jury. An enlisted accused may request a court composed of at least one-third enlisted personnel. An accused may also request trial by judge alone. Regardless of the offenses involved, a special court-martial sentence is limited to no more than forfeiture of two-thirds basic pay per month for one year, and additionally for enlisted personnel, one year confinement (or a lesser amount if the offenses have a lower maximum), and/or a bad-conduct discharge.

[edit] General Court-Martial

In a general court-martial, the maximum punishment is that set for each offense under the Manual for Courts-Martial (MCM), and may include death (for certain offenses), confinement, a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge for enlisted personnel, a dismissal for officers, or a number of other forms of punishment. Before a case goes to a general court-martial, a pretrial investigation under Article 32 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice must be conducted, unless waived by the accused. An accused before any court-martial is entitled to free legal representation by military defense counsel (ADC-area defense counsel), and can also retain civilian counsel at his or her expense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courts-martial_in_the_United_States#General_Court-Martial

So yeah..........processing them under NJP actually IS a slap on the wrist compared to a General Courts Martial.

Try again stupid.

Last edited:
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

And this is why West was relieved.

He displays an outstanding lack of judgement.

Luckily, he is no longer in charge of soldiers.

I guess you've never been in the military. Under NJP, the maximum sentence that any person can receive is 60 days restriction (or 30 days restriction and extra duty), 1/2 months pay for 2 months, and a reduction in rate, with discharge being able to be recommended, but must still be approved by BUPERS in order to be kicked out.

Under a General Courts Martial, the sentences are MUCH more severe, with jail time being able to be awarded for up to several years.

Types of court-martial

There are three types of courts-martial—summary, special and general. A conviction at a general court-martial is equivalent to a civilian conviction in a federal district court. Special courts-martial are considered "federal misdemeanor courts" because they cannot impose confinement longer than one year. Summary courts-martial have no civilian equivalent.

[edit] Summary Court-Martial

Trial by summary court-martial provides a simple procedure for resolution of charges of relatively minor misconduct committed by enlisted members of the military. The summary court-martial consists of one individual. That one officer acts both as prosecuting attorney and defense counsel. The maximum punishment at a summary court-martial varies with the accused's paygrade. If the accused is in the pay grade of E-4 or below, he or she can be sentenced to 30 days of confinement, reduction to pay grade E-1, or restriction for 60 days. Punishments for servicemembers in paygrades E-5 and higher are similar, except that they can only be reduced one paygrade and cannot be confined.

Military members who refuse UCMJ Article 15 nonjudicial punishment can be referred for special court-martial. Usually this decision is made after the commanding officer consults with the command's JAG officer. The accused must consent to trial by summary court-martial before the court can commence.

[edit] Special Court-Martial

A special court-martial is the intermediate court level. It consists of a military judge, trial counsel (prosecutor), defense counsel, and a minimum of three officers sitting as a panel of court members or jury. An enlisted accused may request a court composed of at least one-third enlisted personnel. An accused may also request trial by judge alone. Regardless of the offenses involved, a special court-martial sentence is limited to no more than forfeiture of two-thirds basic pay per month for one year, and additionally for enlisted personnel, one year confinement (or a lesser amount if the offenses have a lower maximum), and/or a bad-conduct discharge.

[edit] General Court-Martial

In a general court-martial, the maximum punishment is that set for each offense under the Manual for Courts-Martial (MCM), and may include death (for certain offenses), confinement, a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge for enlisted personnel, a dismissal for officers, or a number of other forms of punishment. Before a case goes to a general court-martial, a pretrial investigation under Article 32 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice must be conducted, unless waived by the accused. An accused before any court-martial is entitled to free legal representation by military defense counsel (ADC-area defense counsel), and can also retain civilian counsel at his or her expense.

Courts-martial in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah..........processing them under NJP actually IS a slap on the wrist compared to a General Courts Martial.

Try again stupid.

They have to have an Article 32 hearing before they can do a court martial, and then there has to be probable cause that the offense was a felony. I am pretty sure peeing on a dead guy is not a felony.

Want to try again?

Going against the Geneva Conventions (desecration of a corpse) IS a courts martial punishable offense.

Try again QW..........you're a fucking 'tard who has no clue about the military.

Personally, I am a little tired of hearing the bellyaching over us putting a pair of underwear over someone's head versus the enemy decapitating and torturing. So, sorry if i don't get all choked up. People in the heat of battle are going to behave as if they are in the heat of battle.

Going against the Geneva Conventions (desecration of a corpse) IS a courts martial punishable offense.

Try again QW..........you're a fucking 'tard who has no clue about the military.

IF they had beheaded the damn things I would say it is a felony offense, pissing on them isn't. Your self righteous outrage is repugnant.

XXXXX squealed like little pigs and called them savages when this happened:

U.S Soldier dragged through Mogadishu « Iconic Photos

Neocons hypocrisy knows no bounds, Im curious as to what West had to say about Blackhawk Down.

The fact that you do not understand the difference displays who the true hypocrite is. My guess is you cheered right along with the rest of the military haters out there when that happened.

All's fair in war until the same happens to us, right?

If someone pisses on my dead body I will not care. In fact, if someone beheads my dead body and sticks it on a pike while driving around the city I won't care. Why should you?

If someone pisses on my dead body I will not care. In fact, if someone beheads my dead body and sticks it on a pike while driving around the city I won't care. Why should you?

Of course you wouldn't care, you'd be dead you fucking idiot. How COULD you care?

It's not the corpse that 'd be concerned with if I saw our soldiers urinated on or beheaded and stuck on pikes.

It'd be our nation and the soldiers families and friends.

So you have no issue with our enemy filming themselves pissing on our soldiers corpses, and wouldn't object if they beheaded the corpses and strung the body parts around and stuck the heads on pikes? You wouldn't care?

It happens TO US ALL THE TIME jackass!!

PISS OFF!

Yeah no shit. You're no better than Al Qaeda.

XXXX squealed like little pigs and called them savages when this happened:

U.S Soldier dragged through Mogadishu « Iconic Photos

Neocons hypocrisy knows no bounds, Im curious as to what West had to say about Blackhawk Down.

Yep..... pissing on their dead body is SOOOOO much worse than this :cuckoo:

You dumbass!!

Quantum Windbag doesn't mind that. Nobody should care according to him, because he wouldn't care.

You guys are no better than the people in that photograph. You're as debased as they are.

Last edited:
Personally, I am a little tired of hearing the bellyaching over us putting a pair of underwear over someone's head versus the enemy decapitating and torturing. So, sorry if i don't get all choked up. People in the heat of battle are going to behave as if they are in the heat of battle.

We don't base how we act on how our enemy acts. That's a lack of discipline.

Soldiers in the heat of battle will act as professional warriors if they're leadership doesn't fail them.

Have to agree somewhat with him, let the military deal with their punishment. I think it is wrong what they did, but none of us have to go through what they have to.

I also agree with Bones...Why the hell did they let someone film them? What is it with young people today and filming every bad act they commit? I am surprised someone didn't post it on Facebook.
That is how they caught a criminal here(not saying these guys are criminals), the guy filmed all the stuff he stole and posted in on Facebook and someone turned them in.

Have to agree somewhat with him, let the military deal with their punishment. I think it is wrong what they did, but none of us have to go through what they have to.

I also agree with Bones...Why the hell did they let someone film them? What is it with young people today and filming every bad act they commit? I am surprised someone didn't post it on Facebook.
That is how they caught a criminal here(not saying these guys are criminals), the guy filmed all the stuff he stole and posted in on Facebook and someone turned them in.

The dumbass with the camera needs to be slapped upside his head :slap:

Forum List

Back