Allen West on Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

Have to agree. The phoney outrage being displayed by the kooks is rediculous.

but displays like this do nothing to help the us......the military should not engage in trophy taking or doing acts like this......it never helps with the locals....i always have problems with the 'bravo' of soldiers...there are times silence is a good thing

He basically nailed it, who the fuck said war was pretty? war is a horrible, ugly thing and these are some of the things that happen in it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

YES YES YES! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

Interesting................a retired military officer is saying that it's okay that these Marines violated the Standards of Conduct as well as the Geneva Conventions, and he just wants to give 'em a slap on the wrist.

They should be courts martialed and gived Bad Conduct Discharges.

I guess West forgot what the rules were when he was in.

Interesting................a retired military officer is saying that it's okay that these Marines violated the Standards of Conduct as well as the Geneva Conventions, and he just wants to give 'em a slap on the wrist.

I guess you cannot read. He specifically said they should receive the maximum possible punishment under the UCMJ, and be forced to publicly apologize to the Corps and to the world. If you think that is letting them slide you are a fool.

The marines should be filmed rubbing the dead bodies with pork chops. Anything. Let the enemy know that they can expect to kindness, no respect and no quarter.

I guess you cannot read. He specifically said they should receive the maximum possible punishment under the UCMJ, and be forced to publicly apologize to the Corps and to the world. If you think that is letting them slide you are a fool.

GABikerSailor has an agenda: to attack any Republican veteran, even if it requires outright lying about them, as you just pointed out.

Didn't he have some trouble with rules when he was in?

There is NOTHING correct about dishonoring the military and Americans in general. That he excuses it because the other side are evil pricks is sad.

Forum List

Back