Allen West on Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

Have to agree somewhat with him, let the military deal with their punishment. I think it is wrong what they did, but none of us have to go through what they have to.

I also agree with Bones...Why the hell did they let someone film them? What is it with young people today and filming every bad act they commit? I am surprised someone didn't post it on Facebook.
That is how they caught a criminal here(not saying these guys are criminals), the guy filmed all the stuff he stole and posted in on Facebook and someone turned them in.

The dumbass with the camera needs to be slapped upside his head :slap:

Why? If there's nothing wrong with it, it shouldn't matter being filmed.

Have to agree somewhat with him, let the military deal with their punishment. I think it is wrong what they did, but none of us have to go through what they have to.

I also agree with Bones...Why the hell did they let someone film them? What is it with young people today and filming every bad act they commit? I am surprised someone didn't post it on Facebook.
That is how they caught a criminal here(not saying these guys are criminals), the guy filmed all the stuff he stole and posted in on Facebook and someone turned them in.

The dumbass with the camera needs to be slapped upside his head :slap:

Your a waste of my time.... go away ya little softie.

Yep..... pissing on their dead body is SOOOOO much worse than this :cuckoo:

You dumbass!!

worse? I don't think they felt a thing,they were dead. I personally think anyone who abuses a corpse is barbaric. I just enjoy pointing out hypocrisy of neocons.

Ugh you libs sicken me....

Stay at home and and take care of the women, and let the real mean men be soldiers.

We need more Gen Patton and less pattton leather.... ya bunch of pussies!

Says the guy who would be the one to hang the corpses from the bridge if he were there and on their side.

Whatever you say, you virtually indistinguishable barbarian.

Lets meet up sometime....

lets see just how barbaric The Infidel really is
:cool:

You fool.... I am not a warrior, and I know it.

At least I am no armchair quarterback crying about what the men on the front lines are doing to make war a bit easier for them.
If that means they pee on a body or two.... SO FUCKING WHAT!
Who am I to criticize them?

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

Have to agree. The phoney outrage being displayed by the kooks is rediculous.

Interesting................a retired military officer is saying that it's okay that these Marines violated the Standards of Conduct as well as the Geneva Conventions, and he just wants to give 'em a slap on the wrist.

They should be courts martialed and gived Bad Conduct Discharges.

I guess West forgot what the rules were when he was in.

Now you know why his cooning ass was forced out of the military.

Whatever you say, you virtually indistinguishable barbarian.

Lets meet up sometime....

lets see just how barbaric The Infidel really is
:cool:

You fool.... I am not a warrior, and I know it.

At least I am no armchair quarterback crying about what the men on the front lines are doing to make war a bit easier for them.
If that means they pee on a body or two.... SO FUCKING WHAT!
Who am I to criticize them?

They're criticized by their own leadership... so apparently you don't respect that higher military authority.

And also... why would I meet up with you? You'd probably string me up on a bridge after mutilating my corpse, just to show how big your balls are.

Last edited:
worse? I don't think they felt a thing,they were dead. I personally think anyone who abuses a corpse is barbaric. I just enjoy pointing out hypocrisy of neocons.

Stay at home and and take care of the women, and let the real mean men be soldiers.

Says the guy who would be the one to hang the corpses from the bridge if he were there and on their side.

No sir... I couldnt kill a fly.

As I have said before, I wouldnt do what those guys did.

My religion wont let me.
But I refuse to judge those guys.

They are the best of the best as far as I am concerned.

My religion wont let me.

Your complete inability to view soldiers in different shades based on their actions is the whole point of the problem here. When you think the soldiers who urinate on the corpses of the enemy are the best of the best, you denigrate the soldiers who act professionally and carry out missions with courage and character.

For example, you denigrate the soldiers who killed Osama Bin Laden by viewing the acts of the urinating soldiers as equal. Best of the best. Let me tell you, Seal Team Six would have way more discipline than to do that.

Lt. Gen. Adrian Bradshaw, deputy commander of ISAF, called the actions on the video "disgusting."

"Any acts which treat the dead, enemy or friendly, with disrespect are utterly unacceptable and do not represent the standards we expect of coalition forces," Bradshaw said in a video statement. He said he was speaking on behalf of Allen, who is out of the country.

"It is difficult to say what long-term impacts this might have, and I would hesitate to get into speculation, but obviously any sort of footage, any sort of activity of this kind that is grossly against all the moral values that the coalition forces are standing for are very much working against our cause and against everything that we are standing for and that we are here for," said Brig. Gen. Carsten Jacobson, a NATO ISAF spokesman. "We will find the ones who are responsible and hold them accountable."

what do you guys think about the comments above?

My religion wont let me.

Your complete inability to view soldiers in different shades based on their actions is the whole point of the problem here. When you think the soldiers who urinate on the corpses of the enemy are the best of the best, you denigrate the soldiers who act professionally and carry out missions with courage and character.

For example, you denigrate the soldiers who killed Osama Bin Laden by viewing the acts of the urinating soldiers as equal. Best of the best. Let me tell you, Seal Team Six would have way more discipline than to do that.

I will NOT judge those guys... and I say it again, I wouldnt have done it.
I think it was bad judgement, ESPECIALLY recording it, but I refuse to judge them.

My religion wont let me.

I think it was bad judgement, ESPECIALLY recording it, but I refuse to judge them.

Sure you would have done it. You also don't think it was bad judgement, recorded or not. Otherwise you wouldn't be putting up such a vicious defense of their actions. If you actually believed those things and weren't LYING, you'd withhold judgement, but allow others to judge, such as their superior officers.

But you don't, you defend the actions of the soldiers and you rebuke any judgement by fellow Americans or by military superiors.

So stop lying.

All's fair in war until the same happens to us, right?

If someone pisses on my dead body I will not care. In fact, if someone beheads my dead body and sticks it on a pike while driving around the city I won't care. Why should you?

Of course you wouldn't care, you'd be dead you fucking idiot. How COULD you care?

It's not the corpse that 'd be concerned with if I saw our soldiers urinated on or beheaded and stuck on pikes.

It'd be our nation and the soldiers families and friends.

So you have no issue with our enemy filming themselves pissing on our soldiers corpses, and wouldn't object if they beheaded the corpses and strung the body parts around and stuck the heads on pikes? You wouldn't care?

Yeah no shit. You're no better than Al Qaeda.

XXXX squealed like little pigs and called them savages when this happened:

U.S Soldier dragged through Mogadishu « Iconic Photos

Neocons hypocrisy knows no bounds, Im curious as to what West had to say about Blackhawk Down.

Yep..... pissing on their dead body is SOOOOO much worse than this :cuckoo:

QSZI1eYWtm3jseqbQHqEdksDo1_500.jpg

48460165-6aa0-44bf-bd2e-a4e213c277c3.jpg

You dumbass!!

Quantum Windbag doesn't mind that. Nobody should care according to him, because he wouldn't care.

You guys are no better than the people in that photograph. You're as debased as they are.

Is that what I said?

Is that what I said?

You said, and I quote:

All's fair in war until the same happens to us, right?

If someone pisses on my dead body I will not care. In fact, if someone beheads my dead body and sticks it on a pike while driving around the city I won't care. Why should you?

You're essentially saying that if they do the same to us, we shouldn't care. And based on your previous statements in this thread and the other, you'd have no problem with our soldiers doing the same as they do. So yeah, that is essentially what you said. You said not to care if the same happened to you at the hands of the enemy.

I would care. It would be a barbaric act and completely deplorable and detestable. Same if our soldiers do it.

My religion wont let me.

Hey Infidel, it's obvious that you've never served because you fail to understand that the military is required to follow rules in combat as well as keep a higher standard.

Just because you didn't enlist, DOES NOT automatically raise everyone to a level that is above reproach. They broke the rules, they showed and incredible lack of discipline and maturity, as well as have brought disgrace to themselves and the U.S. Marine Corps.

As a 20 year veteran, I probably see things differently, because unlike you, I understand why those rules are there, and the purpose that they serve because it was drilled into me during annual seminars on Geneva Conventions and the Code of Conduct.

These men broke the rules for both the Code of Conduct AND broke the Geneva Conventions by desecration of a corpse.

Factor in that this tape ended up getting released right around the time that the Taliban was ready to start peace talks with the U.S., and you can understand how badly these guys fucked up.

As far as being a felony? Dunno.........that would be for a General Courts Martial to decide, because if they are proven to violate the Conventions, that does qualify as a "felony" in the military.

So.............before supporting something as being okay, don't you think you should understand the rules they broke FIRST?

Notice that I didn't say anything bad about you, just that you really don't understand what you're supporting. I'm trying to be nice and turn over a new leaf.

Forum List

Back