All religion is BS

Truly, John never intended his account to be propaganda anymore than a chef intends a cookbook to be propaganda. Finding propaganda in John or a cookbook--or anything--is likely possible, but the propaganda argument fades when one looks for and finds the correct intent in an account or recipe.

Not a very good analogy. Cookbooks are 'how to' put together tangible items then see, taste, and smell the results. But the results have been achieved by doing the work oneself. If there is any propaganda it, it is in the cook's preference. However, the A to Z will reveal the truth (by those 3 senses) in the final product. Taste is not a question of intent. It is a matter of preference.

Perhaps not a good analogy, but you did pick up on the point that propaganda might be wrestled from it (i.e., the cook's preference either in taste, or--as I was thinking--the brand of some ingredients).

John had points--not propaganda--he wished to present.

There is no truth content to religion. They are stories made up by people thousands of years ago to make sense of the world.

And there is no greater hypocrite in this world today than a religious person. They are "moral" but they are the first to want to attack and kill others. And how often do you find these people engaged in all sorts of criminal financial and sexual activities. Rampant greed characterizes them well. They just want the money of the stupid flock. And these sheep go to their priests and mullahs for advice, but who do they turn to at the first sign of trouble? Scientists and engineers and doctors who actually make the modern world run.

You people are hypocrites and fewer and fewer people buy your BS anymore.

What a troll...

What makes you think he has not read enough to see the fraud. Must one go completely through the exercise to know what he is doing is participating in a fraud?

And here you are cheering for the crazy side...the one built on fantasies and myths. "Go on! Dive deeper into the rabbit hole!"

You people are hopeless purveyors of bullshit. There is no god.. just morons that cling to these old fables out of fear and greed. Your death won't mean a tinkers damn more than mine or his. It will just be the end. You will receive nothing for your time on earth just like me and all your greedy hopes and dreams won't change that fact.

People of faith and atheists often talk at cross-purposes. Part of the problem is that people of faith often have to deal with correcting years of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The first thing we have to move past is the idea that the Bible's intent is to address biological man and physical science.

It is vital to begin with the idea that a human being has not only a biological make-up, but a spiritual make-up. We have feelings that are so personal, experiences so private and personal no one else can read or perceive them in our biological make-up. It's not our biology that chooses the ideal choice from the less ideal--it is something within--that which we call spirit.

Biology cannot nurture spirit. Spirit nourishes spirit and helps it to thrive and grow.
But read Gospel of John, Chapter 6.

Bu...But...But... just read some of this propaganda... pretty please!!!!

Maybe you should save the brain washing for those empty headed 100 minus people. You are not going to get in a Bible verses war with an atheist because there is no atheist playbook. Our brains do not need the constant reassurance yours apparently does. The OBVIOUS does not need to be explained.
What is obvious?

That there is not now and never was a god/s.

What makes you think he has not read enough to see the fraud. Must one go completely through the exercise to know what he is doing is participating in a fraud?

And here you are cheering for the crazy side...the one built on fantasies and myths. "Go on! Dive deeper into the rabbit hole!"

You people are hopeless purveyors of bullshit. There is no god.. just morons that cling to these old fables out of fear and greed. Your death won't mean a tinkers damn more than mine or his. It will just be the end. You will receive nothing for your time on earth just like me and all your greedy hopes and dreams won't change that fact.

People of faith and atheists often talk at cross-purposes. Part of the problem is that people of faith often have to deal with correcting years of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The first thing we have to move past is the idea that the Bible's intent is to address biological man and physical science.

It is vital to begin with the idea that a human being has not only a biological make-up, but a spiritual make-up. We have feelings that are so personal, experiences so private and personal no one else can read or perceive them in our biological make-up. It's not our biology that chooses the ideal choice from the less ideal--it is something within--that which we call spirit.

Biology cannot nurture spirit. Spirit nourishes spirit and helps it to thrive and grow.

Show factual proof of this "spirit" you speak of and I'll be right beside you in your conversation.

You are not going to walk any intelligent person into your conversation starting with "spirits" are any more real than the myths in the bibles.
Show factual proof of this "spirit" you speak of and I'll be right beside you in your conversation.

th

Flora is a good example of the physical presence of the beings Spirit - HGGY, at least it is not their physiology ... no CNS central nervous system . TO be Disguised. by you.

They look and smell like they do to attract the insects that propagate them. In some cases they attract animals that consume them then distribute their seed through their feces.

It has NOTHING to do with YOUR obsession.

You are not going to walk any intelligent person into your conversation starting with "spirits" are any more real than the myths in the bibles.

What will you accept as fact? The reason I ask is that most atheists want physical, objective proof of a spiritual being. They want a lab-type of experiment where under the same conditions, one can see the same result being produced time and again. This happens because all variables (but one) can be controlled.

A physical change can be traced to one object acting upon another object. Let's take a tree growing near a stone fence. One day the fence topples over. The result: The roots growing under the fence, moving it until once alignment is sufficiently lost, the fence topples. This might take years. The tree roots didn't suddenly grab the fence and pull it down.

Spiritual growth (or devolving) can be shown to work in much the same way. A person doesn't usually change in an instant, but over time change is noticed. Working backwards, this can oftentimes be traced back to a profound spiritual experience. Love enters a life--or love emerges from within--and it makes a difference.

One of the better reasonings for spirit is that a brain can present alternatives, but is it the brain that chooses, or is it the person within that tells the brain which choice to invoke? Where does this spirit come from? Physical matter can be shown to come from physical matter. Likewise, it seems reasonable that spiritual matter comes from spiritual matter. In other words, there is both a physical realm and a spiritual realm. Humans are not just mind and body, but spirit, mind, and body. Wouldn't mind and body pretty much be robotics--and we humans are not robotic.

Still, my purpose is not to convince you there is a God. My only thought is to perhaps redirect notions of where God may be found. The reason God "fails" so many atheist tests is because these tests try to pit spiritual power against physical objectives. That would be like trying to improve someone's spiritual (or moral) health by having him/her eat broccoli.

My atheist husband wants a God who can help him move literal mountains in this physical world--instantly. He's not too interested in a God who helps us move non-literal mountains in our lives--and usually takes a long period of time to help us accomplish it. Also, it usually requires some sacrifice on our part as even non-literal mountains don't move easily. He's not that interested in sacrifice, either.

Atheists who truly wish to understand people of faith will try to understand we are not people of faith because someone talked to a burning bush; or someone survived a flood; or someone walked on water. What keeps our faith steady is what happens privately, in our innermost being. That is often something too intimate and precious to share with known atheist scoffers--but not with atheists who also value intelligence and reason.

Sorry this is so long. I need to practice brevity.

In your 4th paragraph you skip right into the existence of a spiritual "matter" and "realm" without any connection to the absolute physical world. Then you continue to use that flimsy, and even at that I am being generous, foundation to go on and on about the spirit and the realm as if it has already been shown to be real. You didn't make any connection.

You describe situations where people have mental experiences you believe are spiritual which "leads" to move experiences so on and so forth. People have hallucinations. It happens frequently. One thing people have done over our history is assign something "spiritual" or godly to explain something different and/or confusing in their experiences. Just because you cannot make sense of a feeling or observation that appears different does not automatically make it the act of a deity.

You seem educated but still cling to your superstitions.

Bu...But...But... just read some of this propaganda... pretty please!!!!

Maybe you should save the brain washing for those empty headed 100 minus people. You are not going to get in a Bible verses war with an atheist because there is no atheist playbook. Our brains do not need the constant reassurance yours apparently does. The OBVIOUS does not need to be explained.

Truly, John never intended his account to be propaganda anymore than a chef intends a cookbook to be propaganda. Finding propaganda in John or a cookbook--or anything--is likely possible, but the propaganda argument fades when one looks for and finds the correct intent in an account or recipe.

Oh please. John actively spread his so called knowledge all over the mid east. He traveled extensively for someone at the time seeking out the splinter groups that called themselves Christian believers and was a huge force in keeping the "faithful" on the same page as it were. I submit that without John's influence Christianity would have splintered into oblivion.

Oh please. John actively spread his so called knowledge all over the mid east. He traveled extensively for someone at the time seeking out the splinter groups that called themselves Christian believers and was a huge force in keeping the "faithful" on the same page as it were. I submit that without John's influence Christianity would have splintered into oblivion.

Are you speaking of John or Paul?

In your 4th paragraph you skip right into the existence of a spiritual "matter" and "realm" without any connection to the absolute physical world. Then you continue to use that flimsy, and even at that I am being generous, foundation to go on and on about the spirit and the realm as if it has already been shown to be real. You didn't make any connection.

You describe situations where people have mental experiences you believe are spiritual which "leads" to move experiences so on and so forth. People have hallucinations. It happens frequently. One thing people have done over our history is assign something "spiritual" or godly to explain something different and/or confusing in their experiences. Just because you cannot make sense of a feeling or observation that appears different does not automatically make it the act of a deity.

I did make the connection, noting that humans are made up of body, mind, and spirit. I gave some examples of this. Yes, people have hallucinations, dreams, day dreams, imaginations, visions, etc. No one seems to have any problem differentiating between hallucination and dreams, hallucination and imagination. There is also a difference between hallucinations and visions--and this can be distinguished as well. Further, most spiritual experiences do not involve visions. Non-visual spiritual experiences make perfect sense when one looks back on the effort and work it took for the spirit to grow and thrive.

This, my friend, is something actual and not superstition. Labeling it "Superstition" is as much an error as the error in the hypothesis presented by Protestant Archbishop's Ussher that Biblical genealogies could aid in determining the age of the planet. He made two mistakes. The Hebrew words translated as "son" or "father" encompass sons, grandsons, descendants. Father encompasses father, grandfather, ancestor. He did not know the Bible well enough to note that the Bible itself shows that many genealogies are telescoped. He did not understand that the Hebrew word for "day" is also the word for era; that in this language, sunrise can also mean a beginning, whereas sunset can mean an end.

Many people of faith understand this and teach it. Why is it that atheists only listen to the side that clamors that the entire Bible is literal? They are a small minority. The mistake atheists are prone to is thinking if they discovered an error in the thinking of one religious sect, they have made their case there is no God. That's like pointing out an error Einstein once made and declaring all his work invalid. Like science, religion must be tested. And like science, it has to be a valid test. (i.e. someone asking a scientist to take a chimp and make it human to prove evolution is not a valid test.)

th

Flora is a good example of the physical presence of the beings Spirit - HGGY, at least it is not their physiology ... no CNS central nervous system . TO be Disguised. by you.

They look and smell like they do to attract the insects that propagate them. In some cases they attract animals that consume them then distribute their seed through their feces.

They look and smell like they do to attract the insects that propagate them.

th

the point was for you to define what "they" are - as in there is no CNS for you to deflect as the cause and effect for the properties you heightened but at best is an un-recognized origin by you ... or

th

where does the Spirit (mechanism) reside for the Cicada during the transformation from limb to wing, as (not) the same for a matured Spirit when its physicality expires is then set free.

I did make the connection, noting that humans are made up of body, mind, and spirit. I gave some examples of this. Yes, people have hallucinations, dreams, day dreams, imaginations, visions, etc. No one seems to have any problem differentiating between hallucination and dreams, hallucination and imagination. There is also a difference between hallucinations and visions--and this can be distinguished as well. Further, most spiritual experiences do not involve visions. Non-visual spiritual experiences make perfect sense when one looks back on the effort and work it took for the spirit to grow and thrive.

This, my friend, is something actual and not superstition. Labeling it "Superstition" is as much an error as the error in the hypothesis presented by Protestant Archbishop's Ussher that Biblical genealogies could aid in determining the age of the planet. He made two mistakes. The Hebrew words translated as "son" or "father" encompass sons, grandsons, descendants. Father encompasses father, grandfather, ancestor. He did not know the Bible well enough to note that the Bible itself shows that many genealogies are telescoped. He did not understand that the Hebrew word for "day" is also the word for era; that in this language, sunrise can also mean a beginning, whereas sunset can mean an end.

Many people of faith understand this and teach it. Why is it that atheists only listen to the side that clamors that the entire Bible is literal? They are a small minority. The mistake atheists are prone to is thinking if they discovered an error in the thinking of one religious sect, they have made their case there is no God. That's like pointing out an error Einstein once made and declaring all his work invalid. Like science, religion must be tested. And like science, it has to be a valid test. (i.e. someone asking a scientist to take a chimp and make it human to prove evolution is not a valid test.)

In the second paragraph you are attempting to make a case that I should abandon my common sense and follow you down the "rabbit hole" I mentioned about earlier. The bible is full of descriptions you people parse and shade into a multiple upon multiple in meaning. The people that scribed these passages were not that smart. Certainly not that well educated.

This is where you lose me entirely. You are certainly hopelessly brainwashed.. I don't have the time to play mental patty cake. I must say good bye

th

th

the point was for you to define what "they" are - as in there is no CNS for you to deflect as the cause and effect for the properties you heightened but at best is an un-recognized origin by you ... or

th

where does the Spirit (mechanism) reside for the Cicada during the transformation from limb to wing, as (not) the same for a matured Spirit when its physicality expires is then set free.

Neither bugs/insects, flowers or you have what you call a "spirit". You have a brain that plays tricks on it's self. Enjoy the ride. Learn not to take yourself, your glitchy brain so seriously. Just be appreciative your brain functions better than those in the loony bins.

th

th

th

Neither bugs/insects, flowers or you have what you call a "spirit". You have a brain that plays tricks on it's self. Enjoy the ride. Learn not to take yourself, your glitchy brain so seriously. Just be appreciative your brain functions better than those in the loony bins.
You have a brain that ...

as pointed out, Flora does not have a brain CNS ... it is you who is deceived by (modern) biology.

Neither bugs/insects, flowers or you have what you call a "spirit"

what in nature do you see repeated, cookie cutter identical by even similar types - from the beginning 700 million years ago to the present and for all eternity no blade of grass is or ever will be the same - their individual Spirit is the difference.

th

th

th

as pointed out, Flora does not have a brain CNS ... it is you who is deceived by (modern) biology.

what in nature do you see repeated, cookie cutter identical by even similar types - from the beginning 700 million years ago to the present and for all eternity no blade of grass is or ever will be the same - their individual Spirit is the difference.

Nonsense. That is just proof of the randomness of nature and the basis of evolution.

HUGGY, has it occurred to you that your model of a universe that spontaneously appeared out of nowhere is not rational?

th

th

th

Nonsense. That is just proof of the randomness of nature and the basis of evolution.

th

nothing random in the process to transform one's legs into flying wings (and where is the mechanism (Spirit) for the accomplishment during the transformation - as asked before) ... in the pursuit of self replication - finding a mate and having offspring's. passing the Cicada Spirit from one generation to the next.

and the process for a Spirit to free itself when its physiology expires - the Almighty and others to follow.

th

th

th

nothing random in the process to transform one's legs into flying wings (and where is the mechanism (Spirit) for the accomplishment during the transformation - as asked before) ... in the pursuit of self replication - finding a mate and having offspring's. passing the Cicada Spirit from one generation to the next.

and the process for a Spirit to free itself when its physiology expires - the Almighty and others to follow.

I get it that in your struggle to deal with the self awareness your mind has availed you ..you have assigned self awareness to everything including insects. This is a typical over reach by a christian and also Buddhists. "I am, therefore, you are, they are, and on and on. You have no proof you have a "spirit" let alone every other living thing on this and every other planet.

Forum List

Back