All religion is BS

An endless supply of red herrings and rabbit holes. The first thing a religious person assumes is that a non believer is stupid. SOOOooooo... they automatically assume the high road and set up a series of "tests" like a person has to PROVE they have committed all their spare time and understand every passage in the new and old testaments. Mind you that will win you no prize. If you are stupid enough to fall for that dodge then you deserve to have lost the time you have wasted reading all of the stories in the bibles.

Oh... Then there is the Oh so popular.. "just look around you.... God is EVERYWHERE!" declaration.

If you are not a PHD in anthropology or a Nobel Laureate in biology "how dare you suggest that god didn't create all that you see around you!".

They have been pushing this "We know better than you do" fraud for centuries.

No... YOU do not know better than the least of us with the common sense to see that we are all born into this world one at a time, naked, alone and will go out that way ..alone. No bullshit dealt out from scared shysters can change that fact.

So, I take it you did not read what I asked you to read.

I read every word of every religious monotheistic document and bible over 40 years ago... every relevant author from Moses to Kahlil Gibran.

You are in no position to assume the platform of teacher.

I did not say I am a teacher. I simply asked the OP to read something.

An endless supply of red herrings and rabbit holes. The first thing a religious person assumes is that a non believer is stupid.

* Religious man: “……. and so says God Almighty!”

¤ Unconvinced man: “How do you know that?”

* Religious man: “Because it says so in the Bible!”

¤ Unconvinced man: “But the Bible wasn't written by God. It was written by man.”

* Religious man: “It was written by man by the word of God!”

¤ Unconvinced man: “How can you be so sure?”

* Religious man: “Because it says so in the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Self justifying much?
"Self"? The thread isn't about me. The subject isn't about me. I am not speaking about myself. My response justifies questioning the authority and credibility of the Bible and of religion.

Your words speak their own truth and stand on their own. I was referring not to YOU but to what your words were pointing out.

Sorry you misundergot what I was aiming at. I'm on your side. Relax!
Got it!
2_thumbs_up_-_animated.gif

There is no truth content to religion. They are stories made up by people thousands of years ago to make sense of the world.

And there is no greater hypocrite in this world today than a religious person. They are "moral" but they are the first to want to attack and kill others. And how often do you find these people engaged in all sorts of criminal financial and sexual activities. Rampant greed characterizes them well. They just want the money of the stupid flock. And these sheep go to their priests and mullahs for advice, but who do they turn to at the first sign of trouble? Scientists and engineers and doctors who actually make the modern world run.

You people are hypocrites and fewer and fewer people buy your BS anymore.
There is no truth content to religion. They are stories made up by people thousands of years ago to make sense of the world.

You people are hypocrites ...

what began thousands of years ago that is truthful is religion, what they have written they claim as a final version, religion, is made up.

An endless supply of red herrings and rabbit holes. The first thing a religious person assumes is that a non believer is stupid. SOOOooooo... they automatically assume the high road and set up a series of "tests" like a person has to PROVE they have committed all their spare time and understand every passage in the new and old testaments. Mind you that will win you no prize. If you are stupid enough to fall for that dodge then you deserve to have lost the time you have wasted reading all of the stories in the bibles.

Oh... Then there is the Oh so popular.. "just look around you.... God is EVERYWHERE!" declaration.

If you are not a PHD in anthropology or a Nobel Laureate in biology "how dare you suggest that god didn't create all that you see around you!".

No... YOU do not know better than the least of us with the common sense to see that we are all born into this world one at a time, naked, alone and will go out that way ..alone. No bullshit dealt out from scared shysters can change that fact.

I read every word of every religious monotheistic document and bible over 40 years ago... every relevant author from Moses to Kahlil Gibran.

What makes you think he has not read enough to see the fraud. Must one go completely through the exercise to know what he is doing is participating in a fraud?

And here you are cheering for the crazy side...the one built on fantasies and myths. "Go on! Dive deeper into the rabbit hole!"

You people are hopeless purveyors of bullshit. There is no god.. just morons that cling to these old fables out of fear and greed. Your death won't mean a tinkers damn more than mine or his. It will just be the end. You will receive nothing for your time on earth just like me and all your greedy hopes and dreams won't change that fact.

What makes you think he has not read enough to see the fraud. Must one go completely through the exercise to know what he is doing is participating in a fraud?

And here you are cheering for the crazy side...the one built on fantasies and myths. "Go on! Dive deeper into the rabbit hole!"

You people are hopeless purveyors of bullshit. There is no god.. just morons that cling to these old fables out of fear and greed. Your death won't mean a tinkers damn more than mine or his. It will just be the end. You will receive nothing for your time on earth just like me and all your greedy hopes and dreams won't change that fact.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I just asked you do some reading so that it would be an informed opinion.

People of faith and atheists often talk at cross-purposes. Part of the problem is that people of faith often have to deal with correcting years of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The first thing we have to move past is the idea that the Bible's intent is to address biological man and physical science.

It is vital to begin with the idea that a human being has not only a biological make-up, but a spiritual make-up. We have feelings that are so personal, experiences so private and personal no one else can read or perceive them in our biological make-up. It's not our biology that chooses the ideal choice from the less ideal--it is something within--that which we call spirit.

Biology cannot nurture spirit. Spirit nourishes spirit and helps it to thrive and grow.

People of faith and atheists often talk at cross-purposes. Part of the problem is that people of faith often have to deal with correcting years of misunderstandings and misinterpretations. The first thing we have to move past is the idea that the Bible's intent is to address biological man and physical science.

It is vital to begin with the idea that a human being has not only a biological make-up, but a spiritual make-up. We have feelings that are so personal, experiences so private and personal no one else can read or perceive them in our biological make-up. It's not our biology that chooses the ideal choice from the less ideal--it is something within--that which we call spirit.

Biology cannot nurture spirit. Spirit nourishes spirit and helps it to thrive and grow.
But read Gospel of John, Chapter 6.

OK, well I won't try to talk to you then.

It's fine to talk to me, but why not do it with your own words instead of telling me to read John 6--like I haven't already read it hundreds of times? From what I garnered from Huggy's posts, he's not all that impressed by John 6.

OK, well I won't try to talk to you then.

It's fine to talk to me, but why not do it with your own words instead of telling me to read John 6--like I haven't already read it hundreds of times? From what I garnered from Huggy's posts, he's not all that impressed by John 6.
My interest in talking to you has diminished to nil, thanks to your rudeness.

Funny, I wasn't being rude. I was explaining I had a different angle of approach in mind. How is that rude?

Were you intentionally rude when you dropped by to tell someone you just have known has read John 6 many times to read John 6? (Sometimes what is seen in others is a reflection of something seen in oneself. As I wasn't being rude or looking for rudeness, then where is it coming from?)

Funny, I wasn't being rude. I was explaining I had a different angle of approach in mind. How is that rude?

Were you intentionally rude when you dropped by to tell someone you just have known has read John 6 many times to read John 6? (Sometimes what is seen in others is a reflection of something seen in oneself. As I wasn't being rude or looking for rudeness, then where is it coming from?)
I don't want to argue with you.

Show factual proof of this "spirit" you speak of and I'll be right beside you in your conversation.

You are not going to walk any intelligent person into your conversation starting with "spirits" are any more real than the myths in the bibles.

Bu...But...But... just read some of this propaganda... pretty please!!!!

Maybe you should save the brain washing for those empty headed 100 minus people. You are not going to get in a Bible verses war with an atheist because there is no atheist playbook. Our brains do not need the constant reassurance yours apparently does. The OBVIOUS does not need to be explained.

Maybe you should save the brain washing for those empty headed 100 minus people. You are not going to get in a Bible verses war with an atheist because there is no atheist playbook. Our brains do not need the constant reassurance yours apparently does. The OBVIOUS does not need to be explained.
What is obvious?

Show factual proof of this "spirit" you speak of and I'll be right beside you in your conversation.

You are not going to walk any intelligent person into your conversation starting with "spirits" are any more real than the myths in the bibles.

th

Flora is a good example of the physical presence of the beings Spirit - HGGY, at least it is not their physiology ... no CNS central nervous system . TO be Disguised. by you.

What will you accept as fact? The reason I ask is that most atheists want physical, objective proof of a spiritual being. They want a lab-type of experiment where under the same conditions, one can see the same result being produced time and again. This happens because all variables (but one) can be controlled.

A physical change can be traced to one object acting upon another object. Let's take a tree growing near a stone fence. One day the fence topples over. The result: The roots growing under the fence, moving it until once alignment is sufficiently lost, the fence topples. This might take years. The tree roots didn't suddenly grab the fence and pull it down.

Spiritual growth (or devolving) can be shown to work in much the same way. A person doesn't usually change in an instant, but over time change is noticed. Working backwards, this can oftentimes be traced back to a profound spiritual experience. Love enters a life--or love emerges from within--and it makes a difference.

One of the better reasonings for spirit is that a brain can present alternatives, but is it the brain that chooses, or is it the person within that tells the brain which choice to invoke? Where does this spirit come from? Physical matter can be shown to come from physical matter. Likewise, it seems reasonable that spiritual matter comes from spiritual matter. In other words, there is both a physical realm and a spiritual realm. Humans are not just mind and body, but spirit, mind, and body. Wouldn't mind and body pretty much be robotics--and we humans are not robotic.

Still, my purpose is not to convince you there is a God. My only thought is to perhaps redirect notions of where God may be found. The reason God "fails" so many atheist tests is because these tests try to pit spiritual power against physical objectives. That would be like trying to improve someone's spiritual (or moral) health by having him/her eat broccoli.

My atheist husband wants a God who can help him move literal mountains in this physical world--instantly. He's not too interested in a God who helps us move non-literal mountains in our lives--and usually takes a long period of time to help us accomplish it. Also, it usually requires some sacrifice on our part as even non-literal mountains don't move easily. He's not that interested in sacrifice, either.

Atheists who truly wish to understand people of faith will try to understand we are not people of faith because someone talked to a burning bush; or someone survived a flood; or someone walked on water. What keeps our faith steady is what happens privately, in our innermost being. That is often something too intimate and precious to share with known atheist scoffers--but not with atheists who also value intelligence and reason.

Sorry this is so long. I need to practice brevity.

Truly, John never intended his account to be propaganda anymore than a chef intends a cookbook to be propaganda. Finding propaganda in John or a cookbook--or anything--is likely possible, but the propaganda argument fades when one looks for and finds the correct intent in an account or recipe.

Truly, John never intended his account to be propaganda anymore than a chef intends a cookbook to be propaganda. Finding propaganda in John or a cookbook--or anything--is likely possible, but the propaganda argument fades when one looks for and finds the correct intent in an account or recipe.

Not a very good analogy. Cookbooks are 'how to' put together tangible items then see, taste, and smell the results. But the results have been achieved by doing the work oneself. If there is any propaganda it, it is in the cook's preference. However, the A to Z will reveal the truth (by those 3 senses) in the final product. Taste is not a question of intent. It is a matter of preference.

Forum List

Back