All of you realize that there is no factual evidence that gun control works right?

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
Like zero.

Some places with lotsa gun control have more violence and some have less.

Some places with little gun control have more violence and some have less.

It is not a fact that gun control reduces violence.

Having the desire to strip hundreds of millions of people of their rights on a whim is pretty fucking low class.

Like zero.

Having the desire to strip hundreds of millions of people of their rights on a whim is pretty fucking low class.

Not so loud some people here can't handle little facts like that.

So how do you "factually know" that if the assault weapons ban was in place, that one less child would have been butchered in Newtown. Do yo have a factual response? Or will you continue to scribe conjecture and your unsubstantiated opinions.

Or maybe it isn't worth a child's life? Is it?

So how do you "factually know" that if the assault weapons ban was in place, that one less child would have been butchered in Newtown. Do yo have a factual response? Or will you continue to scribe conjecture and your unsubstantiated opinions.

Well, I could answer this by saying an assault weapons ban was in place when Columbine happened. I could answer it by saying you no evidence that a single life would have been saved and that, as previously stated, taking away the rights of hundreds of millions of people for a "maybe" doesn't seem very just.

I could also point to tons of places where assault weapons are banned and children are still dying.

It is also worth mentioning that less than 1% of homicides are committed with an assault weapon.

I see the children's blood is not too dry for you.

The Virginia Tech killer killed 32 people using two pistols George Hennard who went on his killing spree in a Luby's cafeteria killed 23 people also using two pistols that is two shooters four pistols and 55 people dead and not a shot fired from a assault rifle. Is that factual enough to show the same type of carnage can be inflicted with weapons other than a assault rifle? Just a add on here Jared Loughner also used a pistol in his rampage.

Last edited:
Aside from strong background checks I'm very much against gun control and fiercely pro-2nd amendment but there's two points here.

1. Gun control has been a major success in Australia as well as other countries.

2. There is absolutely no evidence of future gun control or the government prohibiting your right to own a gun in the foreseeable future.

Aside from strong background checks I'm very much against gun control and fiercely pro-2nd amendment but there's two points here.

1. Gun control has been a major success in Australia as well as other countries.

2. There is absolutely no evidence of future gun control or the government prohibiting your right to own a gun in the foreseeable future.

Uno) Austrailia doesn't have as many of "those people". And the ones they do - they control better.

Dos) Did you miss the President calling to ban assault weapons on Wednesday past ?

Uno) Austrailia doesn't have as many of "those people". And the ones they do - they control better.

Dos) Did you miss the President calling to ban assault weapons on Wednesday past ?

those people? Are you talking about blacks or minorities?

What gun control laws are currently in the works? It's all lip service and a rhetoric circle jerk to keep both sides calm.

How do we know anything until we try it?

My guess is conjecture will continue to reign.

What gun control laws are currently in the works? It's all lip service and a rhetoric circle jerk to keep both sides calm.

Los Criminales

House Dems introduce new gun control bill - Political Eye - CBS News

Japan is another one.

Reasonable gun control and outright gun bans are two different things but the nutters can't seem to be able to figure that out. Either that or they insist reasonable checks will lead to total bans and confiscation. Much like their argument that gay marriage will lead to legalized bestiality and other such nonsense.

Take the murders committed by 'those people' out of the statistics and the USA has the same murder rate as...... Belgium.

And nobody thinks Belgium has a murder problem.

Ergo, 'those people' are clearly the murder problem in America.

Now, this is where you cry 'RACIST' to attempt to shut off discussion and obfuscate the simple truth.

Like zero.

This maybe one of the dumbest threads to date. It's obvious the gun nuts are a rather dumb breed, but to assert there is not evidence to suggest gun control doesn't work is down to earth stupid.

The evidence is clear. No gun control doesn't work, the bodies in Newtown are clear and convincing evidence.

Another stupid remark which needs to be laughed off is the assertion that "hundreds of millions of people" will have their rights taken away. Hundreds of Millions? And what rights are those? Common sense and humanity suggest no one should have a gun unless they have been screened and earned a license. Common sense suggests no one should sell or provide a gun to anyone not screened and licensed.

I've posted elsewhere what I think and believe ought to be done to mitigate the violence; the gun nuts have shown they really don't give a second's thought to the 20-first graders murdered last month. As callous conservatives their first and only concern is how is Newtown going to effect me.

You guys on the far right are unbelievably dumb.

Like zero.

Sir, your statement is in direct opposition to my political agenda, and thereby null.

Good-day I say!

Like zero.

This maybe one of the dumbest threads to date. It's obvious the gun nuts are a rather dumb breed, but to assert there is not evidence to suggest gun control doesn't work is down to earth stupid.

The evidence is clear. No gun control doesn't work, the bodies in Newtown are clear and convincing evidence.

Another stupid remark which needs to be laughed off is the assertion that "hundreds of millions of people" will have their rights taken away. Hundreds of Millions? And what rights are those? Common sense and humanity suggest no one should have a gun unless they have been screened and earned a license. Common sense suggests no one should sell or provide a gun to anyone not screened and licensed.

I've posted elsewhere what I think and believe ought to be done to mitigate the violence; the gun nuts have shown they really don't give a second's thought to the 20-first graders murdered last month. As callous conservatives their first and only concern is how is Newtown going to effect me.

Despite the high opinion you seem to have of yourself this post does nothing to suggest you are on the top step of the intelligence ladder.

Like zero.

How many of the Maobama ExO's will stop another massacre of children? ----NONE!

Like zero.

Despite the high opinion you seem to have of yourself this post does nothing to suggest you are on the top step of the intelligence ladder.

I don't believe I'm on the top step of any "intelligence ladder"; I can infer by your post you're several rungs and a standard deviation below me on said ladder.

Forum List

Back