ALL in the Eyes of the Beholder? Do you LOVE the Beautiful Yellow Flowers?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I love every thing about this time of year up here! The Black Flies are not biting yet, of which I am allergic to and their bite swells to the size of a golf ball if I don't take Benadryl near immediately...even if I take it, the bite lasts a month itching all 30 days! :eek: Spraying with Deet, yes, the poisonous bug spray, is the ONLY thing that keeps them from biting me....it's worth smelling awful and coating my body with poison than to get a bite from them! :eek::eek:

The grass is finally green everywhere!! Even the Meadow across the way is green.... the leaves on the trees are starting to open up to a lime green. The wild Plum trees are in bloom and the flowers have opened up and truly are one of the most beautiful flowers....and the wild Apple trees are in bloom but closed still...the petals are pinkish when closed but when the Buds open, the flowers will look all white....

Now HERE IS THE QUESTION....

When we lived in Massachusetts, we lived in a pretty nice neighborhood with 1/2 acre lots....so neighbors were fairly close, and the roads were paved with curbs and a sidewalk on one side...

When those damn yellow flowers showed up in the yard, all the neighbors were racing each other to be the first to apply Dandelion Weed killer to the yard, so they couldn't be blamed for the epidemic of Dandelion in the neighborhood! It was like carrying the burden of The Scarlett Letter, if you didn't take care of them immediately! :lol:

Fast forward to here in rural Maine...
When we first moved here, our first spring, DEAR LORD, those damn yellow Dandelion flowers were every where...Matt runs to the Home depot, buys the weed killer to take control of it and boom, a week later they are all back, then he does it again, and they are all back again...some times just 2 days later...and finally one of our neighbors, of the two other houses there on this 5 mile through the woods dirt road,

stops and has a little chat with Matt and me....and tells us, that if you want to live in Rural Maine, you are going to need to learn to embrace those damn yellow flowers and LOVE THEM.... smile when you see them everywhere, and just think of them as being Beautiful! hahahahahahaha! I kid you not! ;)

He said with that Meadow across the Way, you will never ever in a million years WIN, and conquer them.

He also reminded us that we have a vernal pool at the end of our property where all the snow melt and rain water goes to this time of the year, (and then runs under the dirt road thru pipes someone had put in, and in to the meadow if it over flows...) and lots of wild life live there....which we knew because we spotted a Duck with little tiny ducklings and we had found Salamander reproduces there every year....which was weird in and of itself to see these Florida lizard looking creatures living way up north...

And he said all those chemicals, which will never ever win over Mother Nature here, have poisons that end up draining in to that vernal pool and is bad for all the critters that reproduce.....

So, my question is,

Do you live in a neighborhood where you and all your neighbors have embraced the beautiful yellow flowers flowing gracefully through your yard?

Or do you live in a stuffy, politically correct neighborhood where there is no thing worse, other than the anti-Christ, when that yellow flower pops up in your yard?

Last edited:
depositphotos_8556225-stock-photo-sexy-blonde-girls-in-yellow.jpg

Love them Yellow flowers

Yes. No one bothers them here, save for lawn mowing. They bounce right back.
We can mow the lawn in the morning and by the afternoon about 25% of the yard is filled with them again!

Do you live in a neighborhood, where you can sneeze and the guy next door says, God Bless you! ??? Or with a little more space in between?
----------------------------------

but I truly do think they are pretty now....!!! :D

On our drives to the grocer and I see all the yellow flowers in everyone's yard, even in town and by the Post office and the Town office.... I truly see them as beautiful!!!

It took nearly 10 years of living here....but they are viewed as a reminder that we are now finally in Spring, and not darn winter.... like the forsythia bushes in bloom are the first bush of the year to bloom their flowers, which also happens to be yellow!!!

We can mow the lawn in the morning and by the afternoon about 25% of the yard is filled with them again!

Do you live in a neighborhood, where you can sneeze and the guy next door says, God Bless you! ??? Or with a little more space in between?

In my space no one can hear you sneeze.

But yes, they're gorgeous. I play Vivaldi for them.

I grew up in Eastern Pennsylvania and we appreciated dandelion. We would go out into the countryside and harvest the plant. We ate dandelion greens and drank dandelion wine. Dandelion is considered to be a good survival food.

I don't have yellow flowers in my garden.... but

I do talk to my frangipadi tree almost daily LOL...you see....it is on the way to my front door....and so I pass it daily.......... and it is growing amazingly well! :p:D

not mine but like that

I grew up in Eastern Pennsylvania and we appreciated dandelion. We would go out into the countryside and harvest the plant. We ate dandelion greens and drank dandelion wine. Dandelion is considered to be a good survival food.

I love Dandelion greens and buy them from the grocer, we have a fleet of rabbits (snow shoe hares) that eat the greens now too, but they leave the yellow flowers, and then the next flower will be the white flowers on the clover, and the rabbits actually like the white flower and eats them, so I've never picked Dandelion in my own yard....leave it for the creatures....but if sheet ever hits the fan, we will not be missing our greens!

I love every thing about this time of year up here! The Black Flies are not biting yet, of which I am allergic to and their bite swells to the size of a golf ball if I don't take Benadryl near immediately...even if I take it, the bite lasts a month itching all 30 days! :eek: Spraying with Deet, yes, the poisonous bug spray, is the ONLY thing that keeps them from biting me....it's worth smelling awful and coating my body with poison than to get a bite from them! :eek::eek:

The grass is finally green everywhere!! Even the Meadow across the way is green.... the leaves on the trees are starting to open up to a lime green. The wild Plum trees are in bloom and the flowers have opened up and truly are one of the most beautiful flowers....and the wild Apple trees are in bloom but closed still...the petals are pinkish when closed but when the Buds open, the flowers will look all white....

Now HERE IS THE QUESTION....

When we lived in Massachusetts, we lived in a pretty nice neighborhood with 1/2 acre lots....so neighbors were fairly close, and the roads were paved with curbs and a sidewalk on one side...

When those damn yellow flowers showed up in the yard, all the neighbors were racing each other to be the first to apply Dandelion Weed killer to the yard, so they couldn't be blamed for the epidemic of Dandelion in the neighborhood! It was like carrying the burden of The Scarlett Letter, if you didn't take care of them immediately! :lol:

Fast forward to here in rural Maine...
When we first moved here, our first spring, DEAR LORD, those damn yellow Dandelion flowers were every where...Matt runs to the Home depot, buys the weed killer to take control of it and boom, a week later they are all back, then he does it again, and they are all back again...some times just 2 days later...and finally one of our neighbors, of the two other houses there on this 5 mile through the woods dirt road,

stops and has a little chat with Matt and me....and tells us, that if you want to live in Rural Maine, you are going to need to learn to embrace those damn yellow flowers and LOVE THEM.... smile when you see them everywhere, and just think of them as being Beautiful! hahahahahahaha! I kid you not! ;)

He said with that Meadow across the Way, you will never ever in a million years WIN, and conquer them.

He also reminded us that we have a vernal pool at the end of our property where all the snow melt and rain water goes to this time of the year, (and then runs under the dirt road thru pipes someone had put in, and in to the meadow if it over flows...) and lots of wild life live there....which we knew because we spotted a Duck with little tiny ducklings and we had found Salamander reproduces there every year....which was weird in and of itself to see these Florida lizard looking creatures living way up north...

And he said all those chemicals, which will never ever win over Mother Nature here, have poisons that end up draining in to that vernal pool and is bad for all the critters that reproduce.....

So, my question is,

Do you live in a neighborhood where you and all your neighbors have embraced the beautiful yellow flowers flowing gracefully through your yard?

Or do you live in a stuffy, politically correct neighborhood where there is no thing worse, other than the anti-Christ, when that yellow flower pops up in your yard?

I have a neighbor who has embraced the yellow flowers....along with the mustard grass and just about every other weed known to man.

And when the wind blows....he exports his organic shit pile into my yard and others.

I love Dandelion greens and buy them from the grocer, we have a fleet of rabbits (snow shoe hares) that eat the greens now too, but they leave the yellow flowers, and then the next flower will be the white flowers on the clover, and the rabbits actually like the white flower and eats them, so I've never picked Dandelion in my own yard....leave it for the creatures....but if sheet ever hits the fan, we will not be missing our greens!

I do talk to my frangipadi tree almost daily LOL...you see....it is on the way to my front door....and so I pass it daily.......... and it is growing amazingly well! :p:D

not mine but like that

Is frangipani related to plumeria? They look pretty similar and both thrive in the tropics. I've always been fond of plumeria because of its incredibly sugary smell.

not mine but like that

Is frangipani related to plumeria? They look pretty similar and both thrive in the tropics. I've always been fond of plumeria because of its incredibly sugary smell.

I was looking online and I found this:

Frangipani, plumeria, jasmine, sampaguita, pikake...Although the above terms belong to roughly the same family of fragrant flowers, the olfactory profile of these delicious blossoms can be rather different, which necessitates a small guide into tracing their commonalities and differences.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Forum List

Back