ALL in the Eyes of the Beholder? Do you LOVE the Beautiful Yellow Flowers?

Up in Montreal, dandelions are important as they are one of the first flowers to bloom, and the first food bees get to eat after a long winter.

depositphotos_8556225-stock-photo-sexy-blonde-girls-in-yellow.jpg

Love them Yellow flowers
What yellow flowers?

I have had a long time belief, if it flowers it is not a weed.

But then I am partial to weeds too, my verge has grass so high Japanese soilders are still fighting World War II in there.

It's that time of year again! And once again, I am embracing the yellow flowers, (in the yard)! I keep telling myself, "Aren't they beautiful!" :)

My neighbors and the whole town really, are embracing and loving the yellow Dandelions, some yards have even highlighted the yellow dandelions with yellow daffodils, and yellow forsythia bushes which are also in bloom, along the edges of their lawns filled with the lovely yellow flowers! :D

I think you'd be shot if you actually used a weed killer, to kill the dandelions, by someone in town.... the Lord only knows, they love their wildlife creatures here, (and I do too) and don't want to poison the rivers, vernal pools, ponds and lakes that they rely on, I suppose? After all, they do kill the deer and bear for their own consumption, come hunting season...so maybe it has something to do with that?

Speaking of deer.... I have a pet doe and her yearling, that came all winter, high snow or not, for the food we put out over the winter.... I've name her and her child, Lady, and the Tramp... so when she comes and my husband sees her or visa a versa, we holler to the other, Lady and the Tramp are here.... It's my kitchen window that looks out back and in to the woods, so we usually spot her and the kid, when she is there.... (We were also feeding about 6 other deer, two does with 4 yearlings) but they kept their distance or if close, they ran when they saw me in the window, Lady, does not do that... her kid runs, but Lady stays and stares me down, until I notice she is there, and there is no food)

Well this Spring, she continued to come, with the Tramp... same routine, get my attention at the kitchen window.... so, I began opening the window....(I took out the screen) and started sweet talking, to her... and kept repeating her name, Lady, your name is Lady, Lady Lady Lady.... and now, she actually responds if I shout her name in to the woods, she shows up within 10 minutes or so.... with Tramp....

The first time I opened the window, she ran back about 10 yards.... I scared her, being able to talk to her like that...

So I began luring her back those 10 yards by cutting up an apple and throwing the pieces out the window, luring her closer and closer....

She then began to come every day, less than 10 to 15 feet from the window again and even if I open it, she stares me down till I give her, her cut up apple.... man oh man, she loves them apples!

Lady will not even let Tramp, have any.... her own child, for goodness sake!!! Tramp knows to stay away and I will give her deer feed or deer corn, once her mama gets her fill of apple.

BUT NOW I am depressed, she has not shown up for about 5 days...maybe even a week since Lady and the Tramp have been here, nor the other two does with their 4 yearlings, I am putting food out, but no one is eating it but the birds, squirrels, skunks and chipmunks....

(the raccoons have not been seen since last fall.... they don't show up until June, I figured that out last year...or maybe it was the year before.... and they show up with all of their babies they just had mid June or so..)

THE DEER are gone, no where to be found.... is this the time of year these doe, deliver their fawn? Has Lady, had another baby... and she can't come right now??? Gosh, I sure hope that is what is going on!!!

I miss seeing her!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back