alittle scary!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
HealthNewsDigest.com

A concussion may seem like a rite of passage, just part of the game of life. But it’s not. As a traumatic brain injury, even a minor concussion can have long-lasting effects.

While many concussions improve after simple rest and acetaminophen, some people may also develop “post-concussive syndrome.” These side effects of a concussion can last for weeks or months, and aren’t related to how severe the concussion is. So they can develop even if a person has a minor blow to the head, and may not occur after a major concussion. About 10 to 20 percent of patients who suffer a concussion continue to have these symptoms one year later.

I have found a few articles saying the same thing, which is scary to me. I have been replacing words in sentences with wrong completly un related other words and have had memory loss since my car accident a year ago. Some articles say a concussion can effect you 30 years later. I also recieved a concussion in another car accident(not my fault) a year before the last one. I guess I am screwed.:redface:

look i had a "closed head injury" i love that name....and ended up having panic attacks for nearly 3 years....i went from a very outgoing person to unable to leave the house...i was lucky my doctor told me that once the 'closed head injury' healed i would be good to go...he was right...just give it some time...nothing like standing up and tossing cookies in one move....

Forum List

Back