Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal Is ‘Pretty Much All Fantasy-land.’

Ah, it is now HATE to say people should use Skype instead of hundreds of people flying private jets thousands of miles to talk to each other.

How dare anyone suggest ways to help the environment, we are NAZI's for doing so!

Sorry, man, have you actually tried to use Skype to get something done? It's awful. Sometimes you need to meet people... and most of those guys fly coach.

But even if you eliminated every private jet, it would only be a fraction of greenhouse gas emissions.

global_emissions_sector_2015.png

Ah, it is now HATE to say people should use Skype instead of hundreds of people flying private jets thousands of miles to talk to each other.

How dare anyone suggest ways to help the environment, we are NAZI's for doing so!

Sorry, man, have you actually tried to use Skype to get something done? It's awful. Sometimes you need to meet people... and most of those guys fly coach.

But even if you eliminated every private jet, it would only be a fraction of greenhouse gas emissions.

global_emissions_sector_2015.png
Ah, so it is good millions of carbon are put into the atmosphere just because they don't want to use Skype.

Dufus also says you need to get out of YOUR car and ride a bike because THAT makes a difference. :21:

Ah, so it is good millions of carbon are put into the atmosphere just because they don't want to use Skype.

Dufus also says you need to get out of YOUR car and ride a bike because THAT makes a difference.

Naw, man, I have a fuel efficient car. All you dipshits driving gas guzzling SUV's are the problem.
But flying 8,000 miles to talk to someone is not a problem, my SUV driving 12 miles is!

You leftards make the insane look sane.

No clown car is gonna tow my gas guzzling snowmobiles or my gas guzzling boat...
So the Hemi powered Jeep stays.

Nothing like a V8.

My carbon footprint is still .01% of what Al Gore's is.

Dufus also says you need to get out of YOUR car and ride a bike because THAT makes a difference.

Naw, man, I have a fuel efficient car. All you dipshits driving gas guzzling SUV's are the problem.

Funny how my V8 turned out to be a thousand times better for the environment than all those diesel engines that are now being banned in Europe.

But flying 8,000 miles to talk to someone is not a problem, my SUV driving 12 miles is!

How many times are you going to drive 12 miles.. by my guess, 500 times a year.

Someone flying 8000 miles along with 100 other people in the same plane once a year.. not so much.

If the people don't like the solution just force them to. Stalin would be so proud.

Sometimes you have to... even in a Democracy...

I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand, but maybe you should read about all the hardships people were forced into to win WWII. Rationing, censorship, etc.

The problem with you wingnuts is that you don't really want to change your lifestyle, so you pretend the problem doesn't exist.

Someone flying 8000 miles along with 100 other people in the same plane once a year.. not so much.

If the people don't like the solution just force them to. Stalin would be so proud.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand, but maybe you should read about all the hardships people were forced into to win WWII. Rationing, censorship, etc.

The problem with you wingnuts is that you don't really want to change your lifestyle, so you pretend the problem doesn't exist.

How many politicians fly more than once a year for meetings? How many business people fly more than once a year for meetings? Fking business travel is the most profitable segment for airlines because of the frequency of usage.

Using Skype instead of flying for meetings would cut down on carbon dioxide.

Personally I have no beef with CO2 so I fly as often as I can and rent an SUV when I land. On the other hand I plant 400 - 1000 trees each year. Not many green hypocrites do more than talk.

Mr science thinks a person flying coach with his luggage 8,000 miles requires no use of fossil fuels. :auiqs.jpg:

How many politicians fly more than once a year for meetings? How many business people fly more than once a year for meetings? Fking business travel is the most profitable segment for airlines because of the frequency of usage.

Personally I have no beef with CO2 so I fly as often as I can and rent an SUV when I land. On the other hand I plant 400 - 1000 trees each year. Not many green hypocrites do more than talk.

But as Joe says, who could possibly sit in front of a TV for 8 hours! That’s an inhuman task never accomplished in society!

"Sometimes you have to" and that's how Communist killed over 100 million people.
The problem with you loons is you exaggerate or outright manufacture problems so that government can control every aspect of our lives.

Maybe.. but again, I've tried using Skype and found it to be pretty worthless.

I also really, really don't like to fly. (one of the biggest beefs I had with my last job is they wanted me to fly over the country).

Mr science thinks a person flying coach with his luggage 8,000 miles requires no use of fossil fuels.

Didn't say that, "Mr. Literacy". Maybe you need to work on remedial comprehension...

Okay, make it simple for you... Aircraft have been improving their fuel efficiency compared to cars at a much faster rate.

But when you have 5000 aircraft in the air at any time compared to 253 million cars... cars are really the bigger problem.

Maybe.. but again, I've tried using Skype and found it to be pretty worthless.

I also really, really don't like to fly. (one of the biggest beefs I had with my last job is they wanted me to fly over the country).

As you know Skype is one of many options and I agree that it's not one of the best.

I think business travel used to be seen as a perk but with the increased difficulty of getting in and out of airports it's more of a hassle when your have a schedule to keep. In fact I like the flying, it's getting in and out of the airport that I hate.

Mr science thinks a person flying coach with his luggage 8,000 miles requires no use of fossil fuels.

Didn't say that, "Mr. Literacy". Maybe you need to work on remedial comprehension...

Okay, make it simple for you... Aircraft have been improving their fuel efficiency compared to cars at a much faster rate.

But when you have 5000 aircraft in the air at any time compared to 253 million cars... cars are really the bigger problem.
Do you have a clue as to how much carbon an A380 will spew flying 8,000 miles? Go ahead and divide it by the 500 passengers.

Of course you think people should fly rather than use Skype. You know manmade climate change is BS like I do.

As you know Skype is one of many options and I agree that it's not one of the best.

I think business travel used to be seen as a perk but with the increased difficulty of getting in and out of airports it's more of a hassle when your have a schedule to keep. In fact I like the flying, it's getting in and out of the airport that I hate.

I don't like the flying, I don't like the airports...

But the point is, 253 million cars are a bigger issue than 5K airliners.

Do you have a clue as to how much carbon an A380 will spew flying 8,000 miles? Go ahead and divide it by the 500 passengers.

Of course you think people should fly rather than use Skype. You know manmade climate change is BS like I do.

Actually, what I know is that I'm 57 and winters are a lot more mild now than when I grew up in the 1970's.

Should also point out most planes are not A380... Usually, they were the sardine cans with wings I usually ended up flying on.

Again- 253 Million cars vs. 5000 airliners...

I don't like the flying, I don't like the airports...

But the point is, 253 million cars are a bigger issue than 5K airliners.

I was saying that if someone travels frequently the production of CO2 is important. Based on the call to reduce one's carbon footprint often expressed by those who believe "climate change" is a man-made phenomena, you would think that something like Skype would be a better alternative to air travel for meetings.

Here is one of many estimates regarding air travel:

"Take one round-trip flight between New York and California, and you’ve generated about 20 percent of the greenhouse gases that your car emits over an entire year."
"In business class and first class, seats are bigger, so fewer people are being moved by the same amount of fuel. The study estimates that a first-class seat could have a carbon footprint as much as nine times as big as an economy one."
Flying Is Bad for the Planet. You Can Help Make It Better.

So if you express concern regarding your carbon footprint fly less and only travel coach or use something like Skype. Anything else is just greenwash.

Forum List

Back