ALEC: The ultimate “smoke-filled room”

Koch Brothers

“The granddaddy of corporate, big oil special interest money has turned on the money pipeline in a new six-figure bid to save Scott Walker’s Senate majority,” said Scot Ross, One Wisconsin Now Executive Director. “The Koch Brothers’ Americans for Prosperity has now dumped over $500,000 to pollute Wisconsin airwaves about the failed agenda of Scott Walker and the Senate Republicans and they may just be getting started.”

Gov. Scott Walker was roundly-criticized when just days after unveiling his scheme to end the rights of 175,000 Wisconsin workers, he was pranked in a recorded phone call from someone he thought was David Koch. Walker not only admitted during the call his team considered sending agitators to cause trouble during the protests at the Wisconsin State Capitol, but also told “Koch” he needed the group to come and spend money in the state, saying:

…they ‘re going to need a message out reinforcing why this was a good thing to do for the economy a good thing to do for the state so the extent that message is out over and over again, that’s obviously, that’s obviously a good thing.

Koch Brothers = Americans for Prosperity (of course, they don't tell you that they are the only Americans they actually intend to see prosper).

During the debt-ceiling debate, American Crossroads, Americans for Prosperity and a collection of smaller groups followed tobacco’s blueprint for bombarding the media with its messages, he said.

“Unnoticed in Washington and New York as the debt-ceiling debate was going on, the ratio of television advertisements was nine to one on the ‘Don’t-lift-the-debt-ceiling debate. Spending is the problem.’ And now we’re going to tip the country back into recession. It’s absolutely insane,” Gore said.

“Mark my words on this: we became the greatest country on earth because we made better decisions than any other nation,” he continued. “And we made better decisions because we used shared consciousness, shared reality, rule of reason, best evidence, democratic discourse, free debate to figure out what’s more likely than not to be the best decision here. It didn’t always work, but it worked a hell of a lot better. Since we adopted this new system we are making catastrophic decisions that have massive consequences. The Iraq invasion. What just happened with macro-economic policy. It really is extremely difficult.”

Koch Brothers

Truly. PLAYBOY Magazine, people. We're not talking ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, Space Oddity. ALEC got cocky, the Kochroaches got cocky, and they started making mistakes. Now, people are watching.

Anybody else find it interesting that since Rick Santelli had his little meltdown on the floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange, the Kochroach brothers net worth has gone up $16b? From $28b to $44b. They orchestrated it, and the lemmings bought it hook, line and motherfucking sinker.

No wonder they attribute everything to tinfoil beanies. That's their comfort zone. That's what they know.

The part I bolded is what is going to make the Tea Party(in it's current form) a flash in the pan. Very few of their followers knew what they really stood for. They took Corporatism, elitism and wrapped it in an American Flag, the Cross of Jesus, and the basic idea that everyone doesn't like to be taxed, and ran with it. Now they are seeing a glimpse of that extremist ideology and all but the most ardent are gradually, but steadily... abandoning it.

The Tea Party is pretty much the antithesis of the Communist Party.... 180 degree difference... but just as extreme and just as dangerous.

Actually, it's one-and-the-same. The Koch brothers created and funded the Tea Party. Google the two together and start reading.

BACKGROUND & COMMENTARY: The Koch brothers, the Tea Party movement, & the debt ceiling

Oh... I know... Don't think I don't do my research. The Tea Party is very much funded by the Koch Brothers... who's father, Fred Koch... was a founding member of the John Birch Society, a virulent far-right group that dominated the civil rights debate in the 60's.

Once again... I plead Conservatives to look beyond their politics and look at their political bedfellows. But, unfortunately... I have the feeling that their dogma is so ingrained anymore that they will refuse to do so.

Just found out my State has been sucked in.

Common Cause Minnesota found a number of recent Minnesota bills that mirrored ALEC counterparts:

Voter Restrictions: (HF 89, SF 479) Bill that critics say would suppress voter turnout. ALEC legislation.
Taxation of Moist Snuff Tobacco: (HF 1079) This bill, created by tobacco companies, would create a tax break for moist tobacco. ALEC legislation.
Cheeseburger Bill: (HF 264, SF 160) This bill partially shields large food companies from consumer lawsuits. ALEC connection from Inside ALEC magazine.
End Greenhouse Gas Emission Goals (HF 509) This bill opposes efforts to restrict the emission of greenhouse gases. ALEC legislation.
The ALEC conference in New Orleans this week includes workshops about pension reform, privatization of Medicaid and the benefits of C02 (in a global warming context).

Minnesota bills traced to controversial corporate group ALEC | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

And what has everybody who has ever done an investigation since the beginning of time said? "Follow the money."

If those who are disbelieving were to do so, they would find a whole lot of ugly under the Koch rock.

I think this that we're experiencing right now has been a wake-up call. Politics will always be corrupt to some degree. All the machinations by outsiders is bordering on illegal, though. So the more people who become aware, spread the word, and demand action from their representatives, the better the chance we can actually start fighting back and gaining ground.
[Emphasis added}

"Outsiders"? What do you mean?

Who are these "outsiders" you referred to, Boob?

Freudian slip?
As you haven't answered, I am forced to assume what you mean as outsiders.

I find it amazing when the fascists consider the persons not elected to government as the outsiders to a government by The People and for The People.

Once again, your fascism is showing like a cheap slip and you haven't even been here a month.

I love the way you make fun of BdBoop's typos... but won't actually refute her(his?) or my posts. It's much easier to point out spelling or grammatical errors that it is to do any type of self evaluation, isn't it?

I love the way you make fun of BdBoop's typos... but won't actually refute her(his?) or my posts. It's much easier to point out spelling or grammatical errors that it is to do any type of self evaluation, isn't it?
Hey, I called her out for the fascist she is.

My work is done.

My work is done.

Yeah... simple as that, isn't it?

Why don't you try to understand where what you call "the left' is coming from, instead of your one line dismissals? That would require you to think outside of the box, wouldn't it? If you thought outside the box, you would risk the fact that you may possibly be wrong... and that's just too much for your fragile ego to take.

My work is done.

Why don't you try to understand where what you call "the left' is coming from, instead of your one line dismissals? That would require you to think outside of the box, wouldn't it? If you thought outside the box, you would risk the fact that you may possibly be wrong... and that's just too much for your fragile ego to take.

You trying to scold someone on looking outside the box?

:puke3:

The part I bolded is what is going to make the Tea Party(in it's current form) a flash in the pan. Very few of their followers knew what they really stood for. They took Corporatism, elitism and wrapped it in an American Flag, the Cross of Jesus, and the basic idea that everyone doesn't like to be taxed, and ran with it. Now they are seeing a glimpse of that extremist ideology and all but the most ardent are gradually, but steadily... abandoning it.

The Tea Party is pretty much the antithesis of the Communist Party.... 180 degree difference... but just as extreme and just as dangerous.

Actually, it's one-and-the-same. The Koch brothers created and funded the Tea Party. Google the two together and start reading.

BACKGROUND & COMMENTARY: The Koch brothers, the Tea Party movement, & the debt ceiling

Oh... I know... Don't think I don't do my research. The Tea Party is very much funded by the Koch Brothers... who's father, Fred Koch... was a founding member of the John Birch Society, a virulent far-right group that dominated the civil rights debate in the 60's.

Once again... I plead Conservatives to look beyond their politics and look at their political bedfellows. But, unfortunately... I have the feeling that their dogma is so ingrained anymore that they will refuse to do so.
The John Birch Society, so weird that even William F. Buckley, Jr. denounced them.
The Tea Party is the reincarnation of that group.

My work is done.

Yeah... I dare you to look at the ultra rich and the Conglomerate with the same distain that you do welfare recipients... give it a try.

Yeah... I dare you to look at the ultra rich and the Conglomerate with the same distain that you do welfare recipients... give it a try.

Ass wipe you dont know my views.

Its why I poke fun at you. You seem to think we all cut from the same jib.

Well hell.... unless proven otherwise... we are.

according to the far right... I am the next incarnation of Vladimir Lenin. According to the far left, they are Adolph Hitler.

Stand the fuck up and be counted.

Well hell.... unless proven otherwise... we are.

according to the far right... I am the next incarnation of Vladimir Lenin. According to the far left, they are Adolph Hitler.

Stand the fuck up and be counted.

I only react to what you post. To me you seem like all the other fringers. I have also seen you post some worthy stuff only to discredit yourself in the next sentence.

So if you are going to wade into the pool, dont complain about getting wet.

I mainly do it for the quick wit. Something very lacking with many here. I also admit having a weakness at riling up the looney tunes. You cant buy this type of comedy.

Opps Im a supporting member I guess you can.:lol:

I dare you to look askance at super rich dudes like Soros and Buffet the same way you do the Kochs.

I ain't holding my breath, though.

As you haven't answered, I am forced to assume what you mean as outsiders.

I find it amazing when the fascists consider the persons not elected to government as the outsiders to a government by The People and for The People.

Once again, your fascism is showing like a cheap slip and you haven't even been here a month.

I fail to see why an accusation of ‘fascist’ is warranted.

I inferred ‘outsiders’ to mean those with undue influence in the political process beyond that of one’s franchise. This of course has been a problem since the advent of organized politics, the Koch Brothers merely the most recent incarnation.

There is also sufficient evidence – provided here and elsewhere – that if not ‘founded’ by the Kochs the TPM or its ‘brand name’ have been co-opted by special interests.

One would hope the right is also concerned about this, rather than giving into their propensity to circle the wagons.

I dare you to look askance at super rich dudes like Soros and Buffet the same way you do the Kochs.

I ain't holding my breath, though.

A deflection from the right, how unexpected.

Forum List

Back