alan grayson threatens lawsuit on citizenship grounds if ted cruz is the gop nominee

Okay- under what naturalization law does that fall?

you tell me, the courts have apparently found some excuse for making this so.

But imagine a child born to a us citizen woman who raises her child with her ISIS husband overseas. Does it make sense for this child to be a US citizen?.....I think not.

Imagine a child born in the United States to two U.S. citizen parents- who the mother raises her child with her ISIS husband overseas.

What is that child called?

A Natural born citizen.

Actually, no. Under those circumstances, the mother doesn't meet the residency requirements to convey citizenship to her child.

It's not like this shit isn't available on the Internet, so what is so damned difficult about people looking it up, reading it, and comprehending it?

Imagine a child born in the United States to two U.S. citizen parents- who the mother raises her child with her ISIS husband overseas.

And how does the mother not meet residency requirements in the scenario I presented?

The candidate would have to meet the residency requirements to be President- but in the case I presented above- born in the United States is all that is required. There is no residency requirement for a mother to convey citizenship to her child born in the United States.

Born to two citizen parents was just put there to annoy those who want to pretend that is also a requirement.

Um, there IS a residency requirement for the citizen parent.

Go read the law. I'm tired of quoting it over and over and over and having people just skim past it and re-assert their errors.

I am not sure if you are confused or just ignorant.

Any person born in the United States- regardless of the status of their parents- EXCEPT the children of diplomats(and children born to invading armies) is a U.S. citizen at birth.

There is no residency requirement of parents of any kind for children born within the United States.

If an illegal can take 3 steps into the US, squat down, drop a baby, and that baby is called 'an American citizen', then the question almost becomes who is NOT / not capable of being called a citizen anymore? I mean, no one is really paying attention to the Constitution and laws any more so, in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, 'what does it matter'?
:p

If an illegal can take 3 steps into the US, squat down, drop a baby, and that baby is called 'an American citizen', then the question almost becomes who is NOT / not capable of being called a citizen anymore? I mean, no one is really paying attention to the Constitution and laws any more so, in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, 'what does it matter'?

I am sorry you don't respect the U.S. Constitution any more.

I still do.

he was a natural born citizen of Canada not the US.

And when did he become a naturalized citizen of the United States?

DC's still peddling his brand-new, "I'm so fucking clever to have made this up first!" theory of a third type of citizenship.

There are a number of people who just go with what they feel would be right for citizenship.

I am up for agreeing that when it comes to citizens born outside the country that there are some legitimate questions- unlike for those born within the country- but for me it all reduces to the fact that there are only two kinds of citizens- born- and naturalized.

And Cruz was born a U.S. citizen- just as McCain was.

If the voters were to choose Cruz- Congress would confirm his election without a single dissent- just like they did President Obama..

Basically, yes.

The truth is, there IS rather intricately-applied law and precedent on this subject, because it actually DOES come up quite a bit for everyday people. It's just that dopes who haven't had to deal with it have only become aware of it on the rare occasions that someone in that situation runs for office.

Lawyers who deal with cases of immigration and international tax law and various other specialties, for example, can tell you very clearly what the laws say and how the courts have applied them.

No not really.

There are several opinions on the issue- which is why articles like Chin's have come out.

I am not aware of a single case which has determined that a child born outside the United States is a natural born citizen. I have seen many convincing opinions that argue that a child born outside the United States who was born a U.S. Citizen is a natural born citizen.

Your lack of awareness is meaningless. Unless you spend a lot of time working in related legal fields or researching them, there's no reason you would know about them. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"Several opinions on this issue" - you know what they say about opinions. Like I said, there are whole rafts of people who just now realized this situation is possible, and think they've discovered something new that everyone else is equally unaware of, and that they can be Mr. Clever and invent new shit.

There are actually quite a few everyday people in the world whose parents happened to be out of the country when their mothers went into labor. That's why there are entire legal specialties to deal with it.

DC's still peddling his brand-new, "I'm so fucking clever to have made this up first!" theory of a third type of citizenship.

There are a number of people who just go with what they feel would be right for citizenship.

I am up for agreeing that when it comes to citizens born outside the country that there are some legitimate questions- unlike for those born within the country- but for me it all reduces to the fact that there are only two kinds of citizens- born- and naturalized.

And Cruz was born a U.S. citizen- just as McCain was.

If the voters were to choose Cruz- Congress would confirm his election without a single dissent- just like they did President Obama..

Basically, yes.

The truth is, there IS rather intricately-applied law and precedent on this subject, because it actually DOES come up quite a bit for everyday people. It's just that dopes who haven't had to deal with it have only become aware of it on the rare occasions that someone in that situation runs for office.

Lawyers who deal with cases of immigration and international tax law and various other specialties, for example, can tell you very clearly what the laws say and how the courts have applied them.

No not really.

There are several opinions on the issue- which is why articles like Chin's have come out.

I am not aware of a single case which has determined that a child born outside the United States is a natural born citizen. I have seen many convincing opinions that argue that a child born outside the United States who was born a U.S. Citizen is a natural born citizen.

Your lack of awareness is meaningless. Unless you spend a lot of time working in related legal fields or researching them, there's no reason you would know about them. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

"Several opinions on this issue" - you know what they say about opinions. Like I said, there are whole rafts of people who just now realized this situation is possible, and think they've discovered something new that everyone else is equally unaware of, and that they can be Mr. Clever and invent new shit.

There are actually quite a few everyday people in the world whose parents happened to be out of the country when their mothers went into labor. That's why there are entire legal specialties to deal with it.

Your lack of any substantiation for your claims is meaningful.

The reason why I ended up on message boards like this is because of the Birther insanity. Because of the insane claims made by Birthers for the last 7 years I have read court cases and legal opinions regarding the term "natural born citizen".

The case for those born within the United States is fairly clear- with a trail from Wong Kim Ark to Plyler v. Doe demonstrating that if a child is born within the United States the situation is clear.

Born outside the United States? There are actual legal disputes regarding whether they are natural born citizens.

But I still consider the question essentially nutty- those born U.S. citizens in my opinion are natural born citizens.

But imagine a child born to a us citizen woman who raises her child with her ISIS husband overseas. Does it make sense for this child to be a US citizen?.....I think not.

A Natural born citizen.

Actually, no. Under those circumstances, the mother doesn't meet the residency requirements to convey citizenship to her child.

It's not like this shit isn't available on the Internet, so what is so damned difficult about people looking it up, reading it, and comprehending it?

And how does the mother not meet residency requirements in the scenario I presented?

The candidate would have to meet the residency requirements to be President- but in the case I presented above- born in the United States is all that is required. There is no residency requirement for a mother to convey citizenship to her child born in the United States.

Born to two citizen parents was just put there to annoy those who want to pretend that is also a requirement.

Go read the law. I'm tired of quoting it over and over and over and having people just skim past it and re-assert their errors.

Any person born in the United States- regardless of the status of their parents- EXCEPT the children of diplomats(and children born to invading armies) is a U.S. citizen at birth.

There is no residency requirement of parents of any kind for children born within the United States.

Oh, excuse me, I misread and didn't realize you'd switched over from discussing foreign-born.

Yes, it is quite true that people born in the United States are still capable of being traitorous and unAmerican.

After all, look at the liberals.

Yes, well, one of Cruz's positions that I like is that we must put a stop to simply extending citizenship and de facto residency to anyone who manages to scramble their 9-month-pregnant ass across the border.

A Natural born citizen.

Oh, excuse me, I misread and didn't realize you'd switched over from discussing foreign-born.

Yes- I 'concealed' that part so artfully...

=
Imagine a child born in the United States to two U.S. citizen parents

Hmmmm after clearly stating 'born in the United States' twice- and twice pointing out that you seem to be confused when you called me ignorant- rather than admit you just made a mistake-
you instead just wanted to change the subject and insult 'liberals' because of your reading comprehension problem?

How very Conservative of you.

Yes, well, one of Cruz's positions that I like is that we must put a stop to simply extending citizenship and de facto residency to anyone who manages to scramble their 9-month-pregnant ass across the border.

anchor birther babies can be president now.
someone said ted cruz was born in a hospital that straddled the canadian border.

In the early 1970s, the possibility of a Beatles reunion was capable of sparking most imaginations. At the very least it was a universally happy daydream. So, when a rumor began to circulate that, as the result of some sticky immigration issues, inquiries had been made regarding four British band-members arranging a meeting at the Haskell, elated excitement ensued and word spread like wildfire.

British-Beatles-Stamp.jpg

A STAMP FEATURING THE BEATLES
At the time, John Lennon lived in New York City and was what was termed “line bound,” meaning that officials would not have gone looking to deport John, but if he did happen to exit the U.S., reentry would have been problematic. George Harrison, on the other hand, was prohibited from entering the U.S. altogether.

The Haskell offered a perfect solution to their dilemma. Here, John and George would be able to join up with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr without risk of breaking the law or creating any future legal entanglements. Keep in mind this was being arranged as a “meeting,” not a concert. But the fact that the Haskell has contained within it a 400-seat opera house fueled some very wishful thinking! Inevitably, it was not to be, nixed by prudent local law enforcement who conceded that the crowds such a meeting was sure to gather would reach unmanageable proportions.

Alas, no documentation exists of any of the preliminary discussions pertaining to this fabled reunion. It is confirmed solely through oral history. Albeit by several extremely reliable sources who each refer to it with the same nostalgic smile as the most famous thing that never happened!

toro will explain at a later time (after the hockey game).

The Haskell Free Library and Opera House is delightfully unique in a myriad of ways, most notably for being a national treasure and the pride of two countries. (just like ted cruz and barack obama).

330The-Vermont-Entrance.jpg

ONE New England - The Most Famous Thing that Never Happened

Last edited:

A Natural born citizen.

Yes, it is quite true that people born in the United States are still capable of being traitorous and unAmerican.

People Cecilie considers to be 'traitorous and unAmerican"

Former Senator and veteran and liberal Daniel Inouye- who lost his left arm in WW2, defending America- and Americans.

images
images
images

Max Cleland- veteran- and liberal

images
upload_2015-12-14_15-59-18.jpeg

Because to a person like Cecilie- she judges a persons loyalty to America- only by whether they are 'liberal' or 'not liberal'

Congress can pass rules of naturalization, if it wants to say this happens automatically in certain situations then it can......it can certainly not say a person was naturally born. If it or the courts think they can they are mistaken.

There are two kinds of citizens according to the Constitution- natural born citizens and naturalized.

When was Cruz naturalized?

So Cruz was never naturalized.

If Cruz is not a naturalized citizen- what kind of citizen is he?

A) Natural Born

sigh, same answer I gave above.
So Cruz was never naturalized.

If Cruz is not a naturalized citizen- what kind of citizen is he?

A) Natural Born

sigh, same answer I gave above

It's not an either/or, fuckstain.

well ass-wipe it kinda is,........no one can be born in two places at once.

well apparently automatically when he was born, according to current rules

Okay- under what naturalization law does that fall?

Which is why the law provides residency requirements for the parents. Duuuuhhhh.

You would know that if you bothered to research the actual laws, instead of making up your own version.

so now you're moving the goal-posts......how long was Cruz's mother a citizen?

i have a bet with the board obots that this thread will get a thousand posts, toro is holding the money because he's the one everyone trusts. :)

i hope obama's birth certificate caper comes up in the debate tonite !!

Yes- I 'concealed' that part so artfully...

=
Imagine a child born in the United States to two U.S. citizen parents

Hmmmm after clearly stating 'born in the United States' twice- and twice pointing out that you seem to be confused when you called me ignorant- rather than admit you just made a mistake-
you instead just wanted to change the subject and insult 'liberals' because of your reading comprehension problem?

How very Conservative of you.

I didn't say you concealed it, dumbfuck. I said I misread it.

And now that you've shown what a petty, immature little shit you are, I withdraw my apology and will never again attempt to be polite or respectful of you again. Thank you for reminding me just how deserving of courtesy you actually are.

Now that we've taken care of my temporary insanity in mistaking you for a human being, piss off and die, shitstain.

anchor birther babies can be president now.
someone said ted cruz was born in a hospital that straddled the canadian border.

In the early 1970s, the possibility of a Beatles reunion was capable of sparking most imaginations. At the very least it was a universally happy daydream. So, when a rumor began to circulate that, as the result of some sticky immigration issues, inquiries had been made regarding four British band-members arranging a meeting at the Haskell, elated excitement ensued and word spread like wildfire.

British-Beatles-Stamp.jpg

A STAMP FEATURING THE BEATLES
At the time, John Lennon lived in New York City and was what was termed “line bound,” meaning that officials would not have gone looking to deport John, but if he did happen to exit the U.S., reentry would have been problematic. George Harrison, on the other hand, was prohibited from entering the U.S. altogether.

The Haskell offered a perfect solution to their dilemma. Here, John and George would be able to join up with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr without risk of breaking the law or creating any future legal entanglements. Keep in mind this was being arranged as a “meeting,” not a concert. But the fact that the Haskell has contained within it a 400-seat opera house fueled some very wishful thinking! Inevitably, it was not to be, nixed by prudent local law enforcement who conceded that the crowds such a meeting was sure to gather would reach unmanageable proportions.

Alas, no documentation exists of any of the preliminary discussions pertaining to this fabled reunion. It is confirmed solely through oral history. Albeit by several extremely reliable sources who each refer to it with the same nostalgic smile as the most famous thing that never happened!

toro will explain at a later time (after the hockey game).

The Haskell Free Library and Opera House is delightfully unique in a myriad of ways, most notably for being a national treasure and the pride of two countries. (just like ted cruz and barack obama).

330The-Vermont-Entrance.jpg

ONE New England - The Most Famous Thing that Never Happened

Your family must have been very sad when you were stillborn.

People Cecilie considers to be 'traitorous and unAmerican"

Former Senator and veteran and liberal Daniel Inouye- who lost his left arm in WW2, defending America- and Americans.

images
images
images

Max Cleland- veteran- and liberal

images
View attachment 56889

Because to a person like Cecilie- she judges a persons loyalty to America- only by whether they are 'liberal' or 'not liberal'

If leftist public schools taught history instead of how to roll a condom onto a cucumber - yeah, like THAT isn't setting up false expectations - you would know that Benedict Arnold was a brave and brilliant soldier and a war hero who was injured in battle . . . before he plotted to hand West Point over to the British and defected to their side.

Serving in battle isn't a free pass to screw your country over later.

Forum List

Back