Alabama will win the west (and hence the NC) - this is why

SEC is is a good conf but the Tide will get in even if the lose one or two games just because they are in the SEC, while other teams have to win all their games and still might not get to the NC game.
Sorry but 2 loss NC bids are limited only to teams coached by the Hat

:lol: Is he on the hot seat yet?

Yeah, sure, we're going to fire a coach with 3 SEC West titles, 2 SEC Championships, a national title, the best overall record at the school, zero losing seasons, and a bowl game every year. That would make a lot of sense, right? We'll fire him just as soon as you can find us a willing replacement that is better.

Sorry but Leslie Miles is here to stay. Michigan can't have him. Who would want him anyway? And he will eventually beat Saban because he will OUTLAST him. Saban will retire a good 5 years before the Hat and then we'll get to run all over Bammer again just like the early 2000 aughts!

Last edited:
Sorry but 2 loss NC bids are limited only to teams coached by the Hat

Yeah, sure, we're going to fire a coach with 3 SEC West titles, 2 SEC Championships, a national title, the best overall record at the school, zero losing seasons, and a bowl game every year. That would make a lot of sense, right? We'll fire him just as soon as you can find us a willing replacement that is better.

Sorry but Leslie Miles is here to stay. Michigan can't have him. Who would want him anyway? And he will eventually beat Saban because he will OUTLAST him. Saban will retire a good 5 years before the Hat and then we'll get to run all over Bammer again just like the early 2000 aughts!

2 SEC titles in 8 years? I thought Saban spoiled LSU fans? Michigan might want him back after he they lose to OSU a few more times.

2 SEC titles in 8 years? I thought Saban spoiled LSU fans? Michigan might want him back after he they lose to OSU a few more times.

Is Saban for hire? If not, what's your point?

That expectations for a team with the talent of LSU should be more...

And he might be after OSU beats him.

More than what? Saban is the best coach in college football. He isn't for hire. Les Miles is the second best coach in college football. We have him. I'm failing to see how we could get better coaching.

How many times have we seen a school fire a decent coach just because he hasn't won enough titles for them - only for that school's football team to turn into a piece of crap laughing stock? The question you need to ask isn't whether or not your coach is the best, but what the realistic chances are of getting a better one if you fire him? Just look at Fat Phil and Tennessee. Sure, it seemed like a good idea at the time to send the old man packing - but I'd bet there are UT fans wishing they could take that one back!

When LSU fired Mike Archer things didn't get better - they got worse. A LOT worse. And Mike Archer was crap compared to Les Miles.

Only one school can have the best CF coach. That school presently is Bamma. There is literally nothing else going on in Alabama - zero -zilch - football is EVERYTHING and without it they have nothing. So its no surprise they would prioritize the spending on the Bammer coach.

Last edited:

yeah, because a 3-1 NC record in 7 years coaching is horrible. For crissakes they already have a STATUE of Saban at Bammer. They won't fire him, even if OSU whips their ass.

Bear Bryant wasn't perfect, either.

yeah, because a 3-1 NC record in 7 years coaching is horrible. For crissakes they already have a STATUE of Saban at Bammer. They won't fire him, even if OSU whips their ass.

No. I'm saying he wants to leave as a winner. Bama wouldn't be stupid enough to fire him.

No. I'm saying he wants to leave as a winner. Bama wouldn't be stupid enough to fire him.

Leave and do what? Die? Coaches like that don't retire football until they are ready to retire life.

Alabama's schedule includes

#7 Texas A&M
#12 LSU
10 unranked opponents

LSU's schedule includes

#1 Alabama
#5 Georgia
#7 Texas A&M
#10 Florida
#20 TCU
7 unranked opponents

Ole Miss has 4 top 25 opponents

Moo St. has 5 top 25 opponents

Arkansas has 5 top 25 opponents

Auburn has 4 top 25 opponents

The ONLY other SEC West team with a comparable schedule is Texas A&M at 2 Top opponents.

Alabama's schedule is a friggin' CAKE walk and the AP knows it - that's why they are #1. How could they NOT go all the way? The only teams standing in their way are LSU and Texas A&M and we know from history they can drop one of those and the BCS will give them the benefit of the doubt.

The Georgia Bulldogs will beat Alabama this year.

The DAWGS are going all the way. Georgia Bulldogs number 1, baby.

lol! That'll never happen. If there's anything we know about Georgia is they will consistently deliver a top notch football team that never quite makes it to #1.

That's not true. In my opinion the Georgia Bulldogs were the number 1 team in the nation in 2002 and 2007. They would have won the national championship that year, if there had been a play-off system in place. Anyway, that's what the national championship in college football is...an opinion. That's all going to change next year.

The Georgia Bulldogs will beat Alabama this year.

The DAWGS are going all the way. Georgia Bulldogs number 1, baby.

lol! That'll never happen. If there's anything we know about Georgia is they will consistently deliver a top notch football team that never quite makes it to #1.

That's not true. In my opinion the Georgia Bulldogs were the number 1 team in the nation in 2002 and 2007. They would have won the national championship that year, if there had been a play-off system in place. Anyway, that's what the national championship in college football is...an opinion. That's all going to change next year.

We waited for you guys to show up in the Georgia Dome in December of 2007, but some guys in orange jerseys came instead. Why is that? I thought you guys were the #1 team that year?

Predicting Bama to win the National Championship?

Man, now that took guts, but who cares

COLLEGE FOOTBALLS BACK BABY!

GO BIG RED - GO HUSKERS!

By the way, my NC game prediction is LSU vs. Ohio St.

Last edited:
Maybe Alabama needs to be in a better division.
There aren't any.

Their schedule is easy due to being assigned patty cake opponents in the East and to having no OOC schedule worth mentioning.

A mediocre Big 12 team Texas A&M tells a different story.

I love the Big 12 fans calling Texas A&M a "mediocre" Big 12 team. They certainly were that when they were in the Big 12. But not any more.

Oklahoma was co-champions of the Big 12 last year. If Texas A&M is just a "mediocre" Big 12 team, why did they manhandle the co-champions in the bowl game? It wasn't just a loss. 41-13 is an old fashioned whipping.

Alabama has the easiest road to the NC but the SEC goes down this year,this year the NC is not being played in the south.

So the fuck what? Didn't stop Alabama from beating Texas after the 2009 season, did it?

Their QB got hurt....but only true National Champions are undefeated.

Their QB got hurt. Waaah. Bama's QB played with cracked ribs. Being hurt is part of the game. Their QB couldn't stand up to the Tide's Defense.

Some years you have an undefeated team and some years you don't. Are you suggesting we don't have a National Champion unless they are undefeated?

They beat more SEC teams than just Alabama.

So you're saying that A&M is a GOOD team - and therefore their presence in the SEC West makes the West WORSE?

K

No, I'm saying a mediocre Big 12 team had a good year in the SEC. The SEC isn't as daunting as the media makes it to be...

That "mediocre" Big 12 team beat the Big 12 co-champions like a redheaded stepchild. Are you saying one of the two best teams in the Big 12 couldn't stay within 4 touchdowns of a "mediocre" team???

More than what? Saban is the best coach in college football. He isn't for hire. Les Miles is the second best coach in college football. We have him. I'm failing to see how we could get better coaching.

How many times have we seen a school fire a decent coach just because he hasn't won enough titles for them - only for that school's football team to turn into a piece of crap laughing stock? The question you need to ask isn't whether or not your coach is the best, but what the realistic chances are of getting a better one if you fire him? Just look at Fat Phil and Tennessee. Sure, it seemed like a good idea at the time to send the old man packing - but I'd bet there are UT fans wishing they could take that one back!

When LSU fired Mike Archer things didn't get better - they got worse. A LOT worse. And Mike Archer was crap compared to Les Miles.

Only one school can have the best CF coach. That school presently is Bamma. There is literally nothing else going on in Alabama - zero -zilch - football is EVERYTHING and without it they have nothing. So its no surprise they would prioritize the spending on the Bammer coach.

You might recheck your info. The Univ of Alabama is competing at a high level in many areas in athletics. They are also ranked in the top 50 universities by US News & World Report. BTW, check the USA Today Academic All American lists.

You might recheck your info. The Univ of Alabama is competing at a high level in many areas in athletics.

Yeah - many areas - like tackling, blocking, running, passing, kicking, football coach statue carving, etc.

They are also ranked in the top 50 universities by US News & World Report. BTW, check the USA Today Academic All American lists.

Actually they are #77.

National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Enjoy the cush schedule this year, Gump. Not saying yall wouldn't go all the way with a harder schedule - but you gotta admit this year's schedule makes it a lot easier.

Last edited:
rolltideroll.gif

You might recheck your info. The Univ of Alabama is competing at a high level in many areas in athletics.

Yeah - many areas - like tackling, blocking, running, passing, kicking, football coach statue carving, etc.

They are also ranked in the top 50 universities by US News & World Report. BTW, check the USA Today Academic All American lists.

Actually they are #77.

National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Enjoy the cush schedule this year, Gump. Not saying yall wouldn't go all the way with a harder schedule - but you gotta admit this year's schedule makes it a lot easier.

I will enjoy every minute of it. A few years ago we had half the SEC getting a week off before they played us. It all balances out in the long run.

So you're saying that A&M is a GOOD team - and therefore their presence in the SEC West makes the West WORSE?

K

No, I'm saying a mediocre Big 12 team had a good year in the SEC. The SEC isn't as daunting as the media makes it to be...

That "mediocre" Big 12 team beat the Big 12 co-champions like a redheaded stepchild. Are you saying one of the two best teams in the Big 12 couldn't stay within 4 touchdowns of a "mediocre" team???

You can't base the strength a conf on one game. Oklahoma also got beat by BSU but I don't think the WAC is as strong as the Big 12.

But maybe maybe Manziel is good enough to turn a mediocre Big 12 team with a first year coach into a top SEC team.

Forum List

Back