Alabama Attack Not Related to Trayvon Martin

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Witness Changes Her Story About Matthew Owens Beating | WKRG

Ashley Parker now tells News 5, neighborhood kids intentionally threw a basketball into her yard, hoping to get closer to the house and steal something off the porch.

But police say that's not what she told them, nor what they've heard from witnesses, Owens or Rawls.

Police maintain the kids were playing basketball when a ball rolled into Parker's yard. When they asked permission to retrieve the ball for a second time, Police say Owens said something that made Rawls and the rest of the mob angry.

People living in the neighborhood woke up to find racist flyers littering their lawns.

The flyers are actually an Aryan newsletter from 3 years ago. Police believe white supremacists are trying to take advantage of the racialy charged atmosphere to stir up more bad feelings.

...."I can tell you this without a doubt, 100% certainty, that Trayvon Martin was not the motivating factor in this incident," says Cpl. Chris Levy.

Deputy Chief Lester Hargrove says investigators believe only four people, including Terry Rawls, were directly involved. They believe the rest of the mob just watched.

Police say the beating is the result of a three year neighborhood dispute between Rawls and Owens.

• Banned
Would you be surprised if I told you that the victim in this crime has a long criminal history involving assault, domestic violence, and illegal weapon possession?

Apparently, he's not some random white guy selected by a mob of angry black people to send a message to "the man."

• Banned
Ewe fool. Willow is all-knowing. She's all-seeing. She's ever-truthful. If Willow posts it, you can take it to the bank.

...:lol:

You should post this information in the thread were Willow made her stupid claims and see if she responds.

I bet she doesn't.

Would you be surprised if I told you that the victim in this crime has a long criminal history involving assault, domestic violence, and illegal weapon possession?

Apparently, he's not some random white guy selected by a mob of angry black people to send a message to "the man."
Do you have a link for that catz?

But, but, but Willow Tree said it was 20 Blacks who did the deed. Willow wouldn't lie, would she?

The 20 claimed is in the story.

Neighbors say Matthew Owens chased off a group of black kids with kitchen knives after the boys lost a basketball in his sister's yard. He was attacked by as many as 20 people with chairs, pipes and paint cans a short time later.

Ashley Parker now tells News 5, neighborhood kids intentionally threw a basketball into her yard, hoping to get closer to the house and steal something off the porch.

Why would the sister of the beaten man now 'lie'

I expect more from a Law Officer, like not passing judgment before a trial.

Neighbors say Matthew Owens chased off a group of black kids with kitchen knives after the boys lost a basketball in his sister's yard. He was attacked by as many as 20 people with chairs, pipes and paint cans a short time later.

Why would the sister of the beaten man now 'lie'

I expect more from a Law Officer, like not passing judgment before a trial.

The sister of the beaten man is changing her initial story, probably because when questioned about it, it didn't hold up. Happens all the time.

As far as why she might have done it, if the "victim" in the story was not particularly innocent or uninvolved, his sister might have spun it to make him appear more innocent (and to make the perpetrators appear more guilty). Or, he might actually have started the fight and she wants to keep him off the hook. Or, she wanted her five minutes of fame.

OR, like her brother, she's a racist who wants to inflame racial tensions.

There are so many possible reasons why she might have lied....

Forum List

Back