So exactly what race I S Zimmerman?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Given this classification of race, what is Zimmerman:

In traditional anthropological studies there are actually 5 races.
These are

1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian and oceanic)
4) Negroid (east African black)
5) Capoid (south African black)

Yahoo! Answers - How many human races are there in the world?

Hispanic is not a 'race.' Hispanic or Latino is a culture. So where do you cast your vote for Zimmern's race amongst the above classifications?

These are

2) Caucasoid (European)

Hispanic is not a 'race.' Hispanic or Latino is a culture. So where do you cast your vote for Zimmern's race amongst the above classifications?

I don't know what "traditional anthropological studies" you're referring to, but the categories you're using are off, in terms of how the categories are defined in the U.S.

Race, as categorized in the U.S. government, follows the description of the races created by Johann Friederick Blumenbach in 1779. The U.S. Government has used these categories for race since the inception of the U.S. Census.

• the Caucasian race or white race (now referred to as Caucasian or white)
  • the Mongolian or yellow race (now referred to as Asian)
  • the Malayan or brown race (now referred to as Pacific Islander or Polynesian)
  • the Ethiopian, or black race (now referred to as Black or African-American)
  • the American or red race (now referred to as Native American or American Indian)

According to the U.S. Census:

White is defined as "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

So, that would include Europeans, semitic peoples, etc.

Zimmerman is half Jewish and half Peruvian. Based on those categories, Zimmerman would most likely be classified as half white and half native (his mom is from Peru, and 90% of Peruvians are considered indigenous/native).

Apparently, he self-identifies as being of Hispanic ethnicity. That's natural, a healthy majority of Central and South Americans do.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

These are

2) Caucasoid (European)

I don't know what "traditional anthropological studies" you're referring to, but the categories you're using are off, in terms of how the categories are defined in the U.S.

Race, as categorized in the U.S. government, follows the description of the races created by Johann Friederick Blumenbach in 1779. The U.S. Government has used these categories for race since the inception of the U.S. Census.

• the Caucasian race or white race (now referred to as Caucasian or white)
  • the Mongolian or yellow race (now referred to as Asian)
  • the Malayan or brown race (now referred to as Pacific Islander or Polynesian)
  • the Ethiopian, or black race (now referred to as Black or African-American)
  • the American or red race (now referred to as Native American or American Indian)

According to the U.S. Census:

White is defined as "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."

So, that would include Europeans, semitic peoples, etc.

Zimmerman is half Jewish and half Peruvian. Based on those categories, Zimmerman would most likely be classified as half white and half native (his mom is from Peru, and 90% of Peruvians are considered indigenous/native).

Apparently, he self-identifies as being of Hispanic ethnicity. That's natural, a healthy majority of Central and South Americans do.

Hope that helps.

As usual you don't get the point. Hispanic/Latino is a culture. Not a race. He continues to be called Hispanic.

Apparently much the same race as Tiger Woods.

Not really, Zimmerman is half white half Latino, Tiger Wood is a mixture of like 3 races I think.

Zimmerman is CAUCASIAN; his mother was of Peruvian descent. Peru includes EUROPEANS. He may have some Native American ancestry but he is mostly EUROPEAN.

OK. You're getting closer than most. Where I work, we distinguish between culture and race.

As usual you don't get the point. Hispanic/Latino is a culture. Not a race. He continues to be called Hispanic.

You don't have a point. Most people with a modicum of intelligence grasp this. You asked what race Zimmerman is. I accurately answered the question. Go pout. It's what you do best, aside from making "woe is me, I'm really sick" proclamations.

Last edited:
Ok so no Hispanics, someone want to tell the press, they seem to think that Obama will win the Hispanic vote, if they don't exist what is he winning?

Ok so no Hispanics, someone want to tell the press, they seem to think that Obama will win the Hispanic vote, if they don't exist what is he winning?

An ethnic group, maybe.

And yet the REALITY is that we DO classify people by ethnicity. We DO determine if they are Hispanic, white, black, Asian or Artab, for example. And Zimmerman is Hispanic.

For further clarification it has been about 100 years since the last time the New York Times claimed an Hispanic was white.

You don't have a point. Most people with a modicum of intelligence grasp this. You asked what race Zimmerman is. I accurately answered the question. Go pout. It's what you do best, aside from making "woe is me, I'm really sick" proclamations.

Hi, you have received -487 reputation points from catzmeow.Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Go suck a bag of dicks, you fucking racist.

Regards,
catzmeow

Note: This is an automated message.

Such a lovely person you are. NOT!

An ethnic group, maybe.

And yet the REALITY is that we DO classify people by ethnicity. We DO determine if they are Hispanic, white, black, Asian or Artab, for example. And Zimmerman is Hispanic.

For further clarification it has been about 100 years since the last time the New York Times claimed an Hispanic was white.

True, but Hispanics are Caucasian, though many do not see Hispanics as such.

An ethnic group, maybe.

Most identify themselves as white.

Hispanic responses on race give more exact breakdown - USATODAY.com

But some identify themselves as black, Asian, etc.

But yeah, hispanic is not a race.

An ethnic group, maybe.

From Spain, they are Caucasian. If they are indigenous American people, North, Central, or South American, they are Native American.

From Spain, they are Caucasian. If they are indigenous American people, North, Central, or South American, they are Native American.

Peru is a mixture.

Forum List

Back