Al Jazeera Investigations - The Lobby

Netanyahu & May chat while Israeli spies are exposed in London

The Israeli Embassy has seventeen Israeli "technical and administrative staff" granted visas by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The normal number for an Embassy that size would be about two. I spoke to two similar size non-EU Embassies this morning, one has two and one zero. I recall I dealt with an angry Foreign Minister during my own FCO career incensed his much larger High Commission had been refused by the FCO an increase from three to four technical and administrative staff.

Shai Masot, the Israeli "diplomat" who had been subverting Britain's internal democracy with large sums of cash and plans to concoct scandal against a pro-Palestinian British minister, did not appear in the official diplomatic list.

I queried this with the FCO, and was asked to put my request in writing. A full three weeks later and after dozens of phone calls, they reluctantly revealed that Masot was on the "technical and administrative staff" of the Israeli Embassy.

This is plainly a nonsense. Masot, as an ex-Major in the Israeli Navy and senior officer in the Ministry of Strategic Affairs, is plainly senior to many who are on the Diplomatic List, which includes typists and personal assistants. There are six attaches - support staff - already on the List.
Masot3.jpg

Netanyahu & May chat while Israeli spies are exposed in London -- Sott.net

Forum List

Back