Al Gore and Keith Olbermann Slam Debt Deal on 'Countdown' (Video)

I thought it was "Countdown with Chris Mathews"?

Oh wait, I forgot. Olbergoof is on that new network with no viewers. No one is watching to see the theft of the title.

For one raising taxes won't help anything as

You can raise it on the businesses, but the rich won't take a hit, but they will just pass that on to the consumer and force them to pay more for the product to make up for the "tax" or the rich will just ship there business over sea's, which hurts our economy within the united states.

You also don't went to tax the avg joe that makes under 250,000 a year as his net wealth is not very high as it is at this time, and taxing him will decrease his spending power, which means he won't shop for stuff and the businesses won't make a profit=less jobs and that means a higher unemployment rate. Not good for the economy either.

What I'd do is tax china's crap and lower the business tax to compete. We're trying to keep jobs here within the United states and for us to do that we have to make our market be able to compete. Right?

Last edited:
  • Banned

You can raise it on the businesses, but the rich won't take a hit, but pass that on to the consumer and force them to pay more for the product to make up for the "tax" or the rich will just ship there business over sea's.

You also don't went to tax the avg joe that makes under 250,000 a year as his net wealth is not very high as it is at this time and taxing him will decrease his spending power, which means he won't shop for stuff and the businesses won't make a profit=less jobs and that means a higher unemployment rate. Not good for the economy.

What I'd do is tax china's crap and lower the business tax to compete. We're trying to keep jobs here within the United states and to do that we have to make our market be able to compete. Right?

I don't buy that, either. I just don't. It didn't happen during the Clinton era, and it won't happen now.

You can raise it on the businesses, but the rich won't take a hit, but pass that on to the consumer and force them to pay more for the product to make up for the "tax" or the rich will just ship there business over sea's.

You also don't went to tax the avg joe that makes under 250,000 a year as his net wealth is not very high as it is at this time and taxing him will decrease his spending power, which means he won't shop for stuff and the businesses won't make a profit=less jobs and that means a higher unemployment rate. Not good for the economy.

What I'd do is tax china's crap and lower the business tax to compete. We're trying to keep jobs here within the United states and to do that we have to make our market be able to compete. Right?

Don't expect an answer from her longer than one or two sentences. She isn't capable. However if you wait 5 minutes she will probably post another cut n paste topic.

• Banned
He's right.

It will do no good to wait for the apolitical public to get a clue. They can't hear the clue through all the chatter and scandal and diversion and delusion and illusion.

The betrayal of what this nation is supposed to be about did not begin with this deal and it surely will not end with this deal. There is a tide pushing back the rights of each of us, and it has been artificially induced by union-bashing and the sowing ofhatreds and fears, and now this ever-more-institutionalized economic battering of the average American. It will continue, and it will crush us, because those who created it are organized and unified and hell-bent.

And the only response is to be organized and unified and hell-bent in return. We must find again the energy and the purpose of the 1960's and early 1970's and we must protest this deal and all the God damn deals to come, in the streets. We must arise, non-violently but insistently. General strikes, boycotts, protests, sit-ins, non-cooperation take-overs - but modern versions of that resistance, facilitated and amplified, by a weapon our predecessors did not have: the glory that is instantaneous communication.

it...

doesn't matter...

nobody cares either...lol

StephanKingsIT.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZC6mxpgSYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Metallica My Friend Of Misery with lyrics‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back