How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid

Jul 27, 2011
Look folks.... I was a HARD CORE republican 2 years ago. When I mean HARD CORE I would put most of the GOPers here as slightly Liberal. What happened? I actually started to..... *gasp* think. I tuned out Hannity and the rest that I listened to more than my pastor. For 2 weeks I vowed not to listen to talk radio OR watch Fox News. (I can write a book on why but Im not going to here)
While munching on my sushi one day, after the 2 weeks I had a thought. That thought I had was I was being sold to. As a salesperson myself I was really pissed because it was an insult to who I am. I started breaking down what some of these talk show hosts were feeding me and compared notes to how I was going to sell my product and services to MY clients.
It turns out..... I..... ME! was being sold and for 5 years I didnt even know it! :cuckoo: I made a fool..... out of ME! Since then Ive been on a cusade to rectify my stupidity. I thought I was SHARP. And could never be wrong. My ego fell and so did my self belief.

ANYHEW...... Im out to spead the word that most ALL radio talk show hosts are only Entertainers and Salesmen. Here is an exaple:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjRV-UTs9o]‪How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Look folks.... I was a HARD CORE republican 2 years ago. When I mean HARD CORE I would put most of the GOPers here as slightly Liberal. What happened? I actually started to..... *gasp* think. I tuned out Hannity and the rest that I listened to more than my pastor. For 2 weeks I vowed not to listen to talk radio OR watch Fox News. (I can write a book on why but Im not going to here)
While munching on my sushi one day, after the 2 weeks I had a thought. That thought I had was I was being sold to. As a salesperson myself I was really pissed because it was an insult to who I am. I started breaking down what some of these talk show hosts were feeding me and compared notes to how I was going to sell my product and services to MY clients.
It turns out..... I..... ME! was being sold and for 5 years I didnt even know it! :cuckoo: I made a fool..... out of ME! Since then Ive been on a cusade to rectify my stupidity. I thought I was SHARP. And could never be wrong. My ego fell and so did my self belief.

ANYHEW...... Im out to spead the word that most ALL radio talk show hosts are only Entertainers and Salesmen. Here is an exaple:
‪How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid‬‏ - YouTube
Excellent example of how Fox, by deleting a few words, changes the message. In other words, Lies.

‪How Fox "News" Makes You Stupid‬‏ - YouTube

Oh wow. That was pretty aggressive editing!

Leave it to John Stewart to call Fox out on it.

Who did that editing? Have they been fired or reduced to writing stories about aliens in Liz Taylor's tomb? Who was that reporter?

When CNN first started getting "star reporters"/"commentators" during the Gulf War I knew we were in trouble. Then the OJ thing. Ug.

I love Jon. But no matter how obvious it is that they're playing all their games, their viewership Does Not Care.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQgcc]‪FOX News Whistle blowers. UNBELIEVABLE!!!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

"Some people say ..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw]‪Outfoxed: Fox News technique: "some people say"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hate to break this to you, Noodle but Sean Hannity is not part of Fox "News". He's a commentator who does a show that is HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general. Now if you'd like to chastise Brett Baier for doing what Hannity did then you might have a valid point.

And if you think that Fox is the only media outlet that is trying to "sell" you something then you are incredibly naive.

I gotta give Chris Wallace a major round of applause here. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4ytqDbK1w]‪Chris Wallace Tells Fox & Friends: Enough Obama Bashing!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDwdRXCg3I]‪Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hate to break this to you, Noodle but Sean Hannity is not part of Fox "News". He's a commentator who does a show that is HEAVILY biased against Barack Obama and Democrats in general. Now if you'd like to chastise Brett Baier for doing what Hannity did then you might have a valid point.

:razz::clap2: Youre a HOOT! Keep on listening to Hannity. Just remember the rest of America loves you. You are a LEGITAMATE parte of of what we got. And thats better than the ILLEGALS that rob the tax payers! (not kidding)

Which timeslots are the news slots?

It's tough to tell.

Interesting video of Rupert admitting manipulating the news

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K2pLo8JV5Y&feature=related]‪Murdoch of Fox News Admits Manipulating the News for Agenda‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Would that be the same Bruce Bartlett that now espouses Keynesian economic policy?

Just between you and me, Junky? Anyone who's pushing Keynesian theory after the Keynesian debacle that Obama's first two and a half years in office have been isn't someone whose opinions I would put much credence in. I think Bruce is a few slices short of a full loaf.

:razz::clap2: Youre a HOOT! Keep on listening to Hannity. Just remember the rest of America loves you. You are a LEGITAMATE parte of of what we got. And thats better than the ILLEGALS that rob the tax payers! (not kidding)

I don't actually listen to Hannity. I do however listen to Fox News. I think Chris Wallace and Brett Baier do a nice job of presenting the news. As for illegals robbing the tax payers? Don't really know what you're ranting about. Right now Progressives are robbing US taxpayers far more than any illegals.

Forum List

Back