Ain’t gonna lie - Joe F’d up

We were talking about 3,000 troops, and now we have this. Sad :(

I don't see it as a screw up, Trump had planned a withdrawal too, but on a different timetable and different conditions.

Trump pledges to withdraw troops from Afghanistan by Christmas; Taliban cheer

What Biden appears to be unaware of is the Doha agreement.

4 to go!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Women & girls will be killed & subsegated to become the wives of terrorists.
Also prepare for torture, cage burnings .. and well, the same ol shit we were dealing with years ago.
Why do we not learn these lessons?

Also prepare for torture, cage burnings .. and well, the same ol shit we were dealing with years ago.
were is the UN?.... they have the 10 m0st powerful countries on the planet on their mighty Security Council.....were are they?.....

It should be obvious by now that strategic interests = how much money can we bilk from taxpayers. A 20 year war? Well, sign me up!

If you have Amazon Prime, watch an excellent documentary called "The Last Narc", and wait until you get to the 4th episode. We are talking Reagan-Bush, Iran-Contra, and the Mexican drug trade.

We are talking the CIA and its involvement in the drug trade, to fund weapons sales in Nicaragua, but also in helping to finance the murders of those who might report this info. back to Washington. American DEA agents. Our government does not give two shits about the Afghan people, they care about filling their coffers with war dollars. That's why we wasted all these lives and money there. I feel so sorry for those families who lost soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. Sacrificed for nothing, now the Afghans who helped us are going to pay, like the Iraqis and Vietnamese before them.

Because..it's not our country..and the Afghan people need to work out their own destiny. I know that's harsh...but history is what it is.....

No govt. can survive without the support of the people...plenty of people in Afghanistan quite happy right now.
Hard for me to work up a lot of sympathy for a culture that has fueled heroin addiction for a hundred years in this country.

We were talking about 3,000 troops, and now we have this. Sad :(

Are you ok, got a fever? Have you got tested for Covid? Dems are not allowed to admit anything, no matter how bad. *L*
Seriously:
Bad Leaders muck up a lot of things and never fix them.
Good leaders can mess up and make the wrong call & take the wrong side of a 50/50 call once in a while, but still will take that mistake and turn it around to benefit.
If I were leader, I would have set this up as a trap, and still have my troops and resources very close by if not some hidden amongst the tribes (informants). As Taliban goes from hiding amongst the populace to being openly gathered in specific areas, they now can be rooted out in mass instead of pulling them out few at a time while they are using civilians as shields. Hell I'd get the informant moles to instigate a Taliban force power and weapons parade and wipe out the pompous display all at once while taking out their military supplies and top personel like the Brits did during their early Oct raid in 2001.
You don't even need my help this time, the intelligence network is already there to know where they are .

The decision to ignore the demands of all of the neocons who have flocked to support his administration should be applauded. And I'm glad to see and recognize some semblance of agreement here between my fellow Americans. It is certainly rare.

But here's the reality of the situation. That war will continue with US special forces, CIA paramilitaries, and guns-for-hire taking the place of US soldiers.

The war is not going to end, it’s just going to be ''privatized''

You know the drill by now. Come on. Get real. Same old usual suspects, just passing down the torch is all...

210506-Lewis-LizCheney-hero-Republicans-tease_vgdqzg.jpg

Well, we did break it.
Oh hell no! Afghanistan was broke long before we came around---a people who put a weapon in their son's cradle literally moments after their births.
The Brits got their hearts broke there..so did the Russians. Comparatively speaking, we did OK...got bin Laden----and stayed a bit too long...but no great defeats.

Nation-building is the Achilles heel of US foreign policy. The only time it really works is when you level the country first..and build from the ground up.
since that's not our style....we should refrain from such endeavors...except in a no strings humanitarian way.

We spent 20 years and $2 trillion building Afghanistan in our image.

We gave them freedom and democracy and a modern society. We built their military and gave them the best equipment and training.

As soon as we leave, the Afghan forces are not even willing to fight for their freedom and democracy.

Why should we?

We spent 20 years and $2 trillion building Afghanistan in our image.

We gave them freedom and democracy and a modern society. We built their military and gave them the best equipment and training.

As soon as we leave, the Afghan forces are not even willing to fight for their freedom and democracy.

Why should we?
Joe made a good call and showed he has balls.

Forum List

Back