Ahoy! US Navy are now pirates

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Ahoy, sailors! Maintaining carrier groups is big business and leaves no leeway to pay for software.

i45vk3vw.jpg

Navy denies it pirated 558K copies of software, says contractor consented

I'll take a wait and see on this one. I have a feeling it was a misunderstanding propagated by both sides. These things do happen.

I'll take a wait and see on this one. I have a feeling it was a misunderstanding propagated by both sides. These things do happen.
The navy purchased 38 licenses for test purposes. If the agreement was to use this software on half a million computers, 1 single copy would have been enough. Quite simple.

The advantage is now that pirating software is now equal to bringing democracy. Or is this a misunderstanding? My democracy-index has just improved, anyway.

The navy purchased 38 licenses for test purposes. If the agreement was to use this software on half a million computers, 1 single copy would have been enough. Quite simple.

The advantage is now that pirating software is now equal to bringing democracy. Or is this a misunderstanding? My democracy-index has just improved, anyway.
You spin it what ever way you want, you will anyway, I've come to expect only that from you.

You spin it what ever way you want, you will anyway, I've come to expect only that from you.
How do I spin? Explain.

How do I spin? Explain.
You've already decided you know exactly what happened and of course it's never in the favor of the US no matter what. I'll wait and see how everything plays out before I decide.

How do I spin? Explain.
You've already decided you know exactly what happened and of course it's never in the favor of the US no matter what. I'll wait and see how everything plays out before I decide.
That 38 copy were sold is not disputed. And I did not state anything beyond that. Your paranoia is astonishing. There are anti-Americans everywhere while you steal "our" software.

However, Jaky just told us the story and you did not complain...

The military swaps personnel quite often, My guess is whoever was originally involved in procurement moved on and assumptions were made based on what's typically done. But it would be spelled out in the contact. Sounds like some Germans got rich.

How do I spin? Explain.
That 38 copy were sold is not disputed. And I did not state anything beyond that. Your paranoia is astonishing. There are anti-Americans everywhere while you steal "our" software.

I'm not complaining, that's called a spin on your part. I'm not being paranoid, another spin on your part and I did not see Jaky's post, last I checked I was not omnipresent........... As for you claim that you did not state anything beyond 38 copies (with an ies denoting the plural)......... Obviously your reading skills are lacking not to mention your serious short term memory issue...........

Ring any bells?

How do I spin? Explain.

I'm not complaining, that's called a spin on your part. I'm not being paranoid, another spin on your part and I did not see Jaky's post, last I checked I was not omnipresent........... As for you claim that you did not state anything beyond 38 copies (with an ies denoting the plural)......... Obviously your reading skills are lacking not to mention your serious short term memory issue...........

Ring any bells?
So after all the point is that it has been reported?

How do I spin? Explain.

Ring any bells?
Obviously you either have no idea what a conclusive statement is or you don't think anyone else does. You're not stupid so I'll have to go with number two......... :thup:

How do I spin? Explain.

Ring any bells?
Obviously you either have no idea what a conclusive statement is or you don't think anyone else does. You're not stupid so I'll have to go with number two......... :thup:
Yeah, it is all a big "misunderstanding"...

Ring any bells?
And you know for a fact it's not? Since when did you become omnipotent? :dunno:

Ring any bells?
I am not sure but I believe it was yesterday evening. Listen, I am not a judge, I don´t need absolute evidence to form my opinion in the face of this obvious situation. And all I did was creating this funny thread.

Ring any bells?
I am not sure but I believe it was yesterday evening. Listen, I am not a judge, I don´t need absolute evidence to form my opinion in the face of this obvious situation. And all I did was creating this funny thread.
0882520425eca1b586265b1ebece108d-500x281x102-gif.68670

The military swaps personnel quite often, My guess is whoever was originally involved in procurement moved on and assumptions were made based on what's typically done. But it would be spelled out in the contact. Sounds like some Germans got rich.
Quite possibly.

If it were that cut and dry though it is unlikely that the Navy would have taken this to court. They have to have something that shows the contractor knew this was part of the contract. It seems rather odd that if they wanted to sell the navy the limited licenses then why would they have removed the protections that prevented it from being installed on multiple devices? I wonder how much was paid for those initial 38 licenses as well.

Forum List

Back