Ahoy! US Navy are now pirates

The military swaps personnel quite often, My guess is whoever was originally involved in procurement moved on and assumptions were made based on what's typically done. But it would be spelled out in the contact. Sounds like some Germans got rich.
Quite possibly.

If it were that cut and dry though it is unlikely that the Navy would have taken this to court. They have to have something that shows the contractor knew this was part of the contract. It seems rather odd that if they wanted to sell the navy the limited licenses then why would they have removed the protections that prevented it from being installed on multiple devices? I wonder how much was paid for those initial 38 licenses as well.
Possible that this software does not include a copyright protection.

The military swaps personnel quite often, My guess is whoever was originally involved in procurement moved on and assumptions were made based on what's typically done. But it would be spelled out in the contact. Sounds like some Germans got rich.
Quite possibly.

If it were that cut and dry though it is unlikely that the Navy would have taken this to court. They have to have something that shows the contractor knew this was part of the contract. It seems rather odd that if they wanted to sell the navy the limited licenses then why would they have removed the protections that prevented it from being installed on multiple devices? I wonder how much was paid for those initial 38 licenses as well.
The article directly stated the company not only had such protections but that they removed them for the Navy.

Quite possibly.

The article directly stated the company not only had such protections but that they removed them for the Navy.
Took a look and correct, it is in the article. However, it is only an English speaking source I posted, the German article I actually read did not include this info, as far as I remember.

Forum List

Back