Agree or disagree?

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Let's see who has their thinking cap on. Is the following statement correct?

The Earth is the center of the observable universe.

Last edited:
The observable universe is always relative to the point from which it is viewed.

• Banned
The observable universe is always relative to the point from which it is viewed.
Dang it! I was hoping I could fool at least one person. You've just spoiled my entire day. I'm going to bed.

Dang it! I was hoping I could fool at least one person. You've just spoiled my entire day. I'm going to bed.
It was a one in a million guess, and you must realize that I am only an uneducated flyover country rube that cant find his ass with both hands and a map,no matter what planet I view from.

You know, you always post really stupid stuff, no link, no knowledge to back you up - just rabid, knee jerk lies. But you got this one right.

C'mon ... 'fess up ... You asked a liberal for the answer.

• Banned
It was a one in a million guess, and you must realize that I am only an uneducated flyover country rube that cant find his ass with both hands and a map,no matter what planet I view from.
That doesn't change the fact that you ruined my day...*SNIFF*

While I was typing you actually confessed to being the idiot I know you to be.

Good for you.

BTW, I'm in flyover country too, in deepest, darkest dead dumb RWNJ country. Beautiful beyond belief and I'm very careful who I talk to. Holy rollers, fundies, thumpers - some dangerous nutters.

Let's who has their thinking cap on. Is the following statement correct?

Actually, it depends on what you use to observe it with, and how you observe it.

If you observe it from the point of sitting on the earth, looking up at the night sky with the naked eye, then yeah, it could be said that the center of the observable universe is you.

However..............................

If you used the observations of other things like heat radiation, observations that have been made with the Hubble telescope and other things, then we have a different map of the universe which would make us somewhere on the edge of it.

Depends on your perspective. Is the glass half full or half empty?

The glass just is. It's your perception of the glass that makes the determination of empty or full.

You know, you always post really stupid stuff, no link, no knowledge to back you up - just rabid, knee jerk lies. But you got this one right.

C'mon ... 'fess up ... You asked a liberal for the answer.
I did.

Okay, that's it.

Cut.
It.
Out.

Much more and we're gonna bond and you're gonna want me to take you to the sock hop.

Besides, I haven't had dinner yet and can't take this on an empty stomach.

'cuse me while I get some gin.

butt hurt report.jpg

Fill this out, and turn it in to litewaite. He'll take care of me.

View attachment 157809

Fill this out, and turn it in to litewaite. He'll take care of me.
You're all heart.

Actually, it depends on what you use to observe it with, and how you observe it.

If you observe it from the point of sitting on the earth, looking up at the night sky with the naked eye, then yeah, it could be said that the center of the observable universe is you.

If you used the observations of other things like heat radiation, observations that have been made with the Hubble telescope and other things, then we have a different map of the universe which would make us somewhere on the edge of it.

The glass just is. It's your perception of the glass that makes the determination of empty or full.

Its been a long time ago but I looked through a facsimile of Galilei's telescope and could see Saturn extremely well. I remember just gasping at the beauty of it.

Maybe Galilei's telescope just was.

Interesting point of view. Thanks.

===

If anyone is intersted --

The Galileo Project | Biography | Telescope

Your attempt to appear smart failed. The viewpoint was the question.

GFY?
Stalking me again? Don't you have anything better to do?

Did you seriously pose the question "The Earth is the center of the observable universe?" Here's yur sign!

Here's another! :fu:
Don't know why you're replying to me. You're on my ignore list. What kind of idiot makes a reply to someone who will never see it? I mean, how stupid is that?

Forum List

Back