After Indiana Pizzeria Said They Wouldn’t Cater Gay Weddings, the Backlash Was So Extreme

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
"... It May Not Be Safe to Re-Open

Now, I gotta say, THAT appears to be injurious to me... and my guess is that THAT is part and parcel of why homosexuals have felt safer in the closet for all but the entirety of human existence.

People are only going to put up with that crap for so long... .

"Crystal O’Connor, the co-owner of Memories Pizza in Indiana, says it may not be safe to re-open their pizzeria after they said they wouldn’t cater a gay wedding.

“I don’t know if we will re-open, or if we can, if it’s safe to re-open,” O’Connor said on TheBlaze TV’s Dana. “We’re in hiding basically, staying in the house.”

O’Connor recently told WBND-TV, “If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no.”

She made it clear that they are happy to serve gay customers, but would not be a part of the wedding because of their religious beliefs. National news outlets quickly picked up the story.

O’Connor said they have since received an endless flood of “bashing” comments on social media, and their Yelp page has been trashed. One reviewer wrote that they serve an “intolerance special with toppings of hate, bigotry, stupidity, and old fashioned beliefs.” And a high school coach from Goshen, Indiana has been suspended after urging people on Twitter to burn down their establishment.

“Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me? Agree with #FreedomofReligion bill? ‘That’s a lifestyle they CHOOSE’ Ignorant,” coach Jess Dooley wrote.

O’Connor said the media is distorting what her family truly believes. They are happy to serve gay customers, she reiterated, but object to being forced to participate in a gay wedding, since they don’t believe in gay marriage.

“We’re very hurt and confused and we stood up for what we believe,” she said. “The news just took it totally out of proportion. They lied about it. We said that we would serve anyone that walked in that door, even gays, but we would not condone a wedding. We would not cater that because it’s against our religious beliefs.”

After Indiana Pizzeria Said They Wouldn t Cater Gay Weddings the Backlash Was So Extreme It May Not Be Safe to Re-Open Video TheBlaze.com

Last edited:
  • Banned
Not per se... The homosexual is literally: NOT NORMAL; because they suffer from mental disorder.
Homosexuality is not classified as a mental disorder by any recognized institution.

Huh... and again, for the third time: WHAT SPECIFIC DATA WAS MENTAL DISORDER REMOVED FROM THE DIAGNOSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY?

Meaning that you've advanced this TWICE ALREADY! And TWICE YOU'VE BEEN ASKED TO SUSTAIN YOUR ARGUMENT BY STATING THE SCIENCE WHICH DEMONSTRATED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A PRESENTATION OF MENTAL DISORDER.

YOU COME NOW FOR THE THIRD TIME TO REPEAT THE IDIOCY WHEREIN A POPULAR VOTE BY THE BOARD OF THE APA SIMPLY DECLARED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY DOES NOT PRESENT AS A MENTAL DISORDER.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO SCIENCE WHICH INFORMS ANYONE OF SUCH.

Your claiming that such is true, doesn't make it true.

FACT: Homosexuality not only deviates from the human physiological sexual standard, it deviates as far from such, as is humanly possible.

Such represents deviancy... the claim that such does not, is delusional. Which is to say an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

It's not even a debatable point.
If you're saying Homosexuality is a mental disorder, you will find very few people in the mental health field that would agree with you. A behavioral pattern is classified as a mental disorder if it causes the person suffering or impairs their ability to function in ordinary life. It is how the person reacts to the deviation that is critical to the classification, not how society reacts.

All major professional mental health organizations have gone on record to affirm that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association’s Board of Trustees removed homosexuality from its official diagnostic manual, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The DSM is the Bible for mental health professionals. The entry removed from the DSM was a description of the disorder, pathology, and treatment information.

What you don't seem to grasp is that deviations, sexual or otherwise from the norm does not constitute a mental disorder. For a person to have no deviations would certainly be abnormal.

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Alfred Adler

• Banned
Not per se... The homosexual is literally: NOT NORMAL; because they suffer from mental disorder.
Homosexuality is not classified as a mental disorder by any recognized institution.

Huh... and again, for the third time: WHAT SPECIFIC DATA WAS MENTAL DISORDER REMOVED FROM THE DIAGNOSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY?

Meaning that you've advanced this TWICE ALREADY! And TWICE YOU'VE BEEN ASKED TO SUSTAIN YOUR ARGUMENT BY STATING THE SCIENCE WHICH DEMONSTRATED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A PRESENTATION OF MENTAL DISORDER.

YOU COME NOW FOR THE THIRD TIME TO REPEAT THE IDIOCY WHEREIN A POPULAR VOTE BY THE BOARD OF THE APA SIMPLY DECLARED THAT HOMOSEXUALITY DOES NOT PRESENT AS A MENTAL DISORDER.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO SCIENCE WHICH INFORMS ANYONE OF SUCH.

Your claiming that such is true, doesn't make it true.

FACT: Homosexuality not only deviates from the human physiological sexual standard, it deviates as far from such, as is humanly possible.

Such represents deviancy... the claim that such does not, is delusional. Which is to say an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

It's not even a debatable point.

Flopper says: If you're saying Homosexuality is a mental disorder, you will find very few people in the mental health field that would agree with you. A behavioral pattern is classified as a mental disorder if it causes the person suffering or impairs their ability to function in ordinary life. It is how the person reacts to the deviation that is critical to the classification, not how society reacts.

All major professional mental health organizations have gone on record to affirm that homosexuality is not a mental disorder. In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association’s Board of Trustees removed homosexuality from its official diagnostic manual, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. The DSM is the Bible for mental health professionals. The entry removed from the DSM was a description of the disorder, pathology, and treatment information.

What you don't seem to grasp is that deviations, sexual or otherwise from the norm does not constitute a mental disorder. For a person to have no deviations would certainly be abnormal.

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
Alfred Adler

• Banned
If you're saying Homosexuality is a mental disorder...

I'm just repeating what nature says... given that homosexuality deviates as far from the human physiological sexual standard as is humanly possible, and the homosexual claims that such does not, this presents an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder; specifically: Delusion.

you will find very few people in the mental health field that would agree with you.

So you feel that popularity is relevant to mental disorder? Where ya gettin' that?

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association’s Board of Trustees removed homosexuality from its official diagnostic manual, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

By a popular vote... without a scintilla of medical science cited as a basis for the decision.

I know that because Board members are all over youtube, stating such... . And there's not a scintilla of science to be found anywhere, sustaining any potential validity for that 'vote'.

A behavioral pattern is classified as a mental disorder if it causes the person suffering or impairs their ability to function in ordinary life.

Hmm... such as what? Rationalizing that sexual gratification with members of their own gender is viable?

That doesn't seem too accurate given the need to set protective covering over the genitals to avoid deadly disease... It seems to me that the whole "BEST WAY TO CONTRACT AIDS" thing would tend toward 'harmful'...

PLUS the fact that sexual deviancy presenting homosexuality is found presenting Child molestation, in 30% of child molestation cases... that 'feels' harmful too. And not just to the deviant, but to the children they molest.

Also... there's the disproportionate suicide rate; again seems potentially injurious... Plus there's the tendency toward militant obsession, wherein the deviant places their own 'needs' above the means of others to exercise their own, inalienable rights. Which again... evidence shows that such is injurious to others.

Now what of that do ya feel avoids mental disorder?

And lemme ask ya this, how do ya explain that homosexuals have been closeted for 99.99999~% of human history? Is it because the reasoning that manifest such promotes traits which increases cultural viability, or perhaps that it promotes decadence?

Seems to me, given the chronic professions that homosexuality is as old as humanity itself, that if such were NOT a destabilizing element... then homosexuals would have been embraced by all cultures, that as religion developed, that such would have been embraced as a normal component of a viable culture.

But that's not how it went down is it?

Now if Homosexuality is NOT a presentation of a mental disorder, then why do ya suppose that the homosexuals have had it so tough?

I hope that the pizza place goes broke and the people who are against homosexuals have to end up working for them.

Bigotry and discrimination have no place in the land of the free.

Why can't we allow people to be free to be who they are?

Sorry.........but you can't catch gay. You're either born that way or not.

Now, I gotta say, THAT appears to be injurious to me... and my guess is that THAT is part and parcel of why homosexuals have felt safer in the closet for all but the entirety of human existence.

"Crystal O’Connor, the co-owner of Memories Pizza in Indiana, says it may not be safe to re-open their pizzeria after they said they wouldn’t cater a gay wedding.

“I don’t know if we will re-open, or if we can, if it’s safe to re-open,” O’Connor said on TheBlaze TV’s Dana. “We’re in hiding basically, staying in the house.”

O’Connor recently told WBND-TV, “If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no.”

She made it clear that they are happy to serve gay customers, but would not be a part of the wedding because of their religious beliefs. National news outlets quickly picked up the story.

O’Connor said they have since received an endless flood of “bashing” comments on social media, and their Yelp page has been trashed. One reviewer wrote that they serve an “intolerance special with toppings of hate, bigotry, stupidity, and old fashioned beliefs.” And a high school coach from Goshen, Indiana has been suspended after urging people on Twitter to burn down their establishment.

“Who’s going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza w me? Agree with #FreedomofReligion bill? ‘That’s a lifestyle they CHOOSE’ Ignorant,” coach Jess Dooley wrote.

O’Connor said the media is distorting what her family truly believes. They are happy to serve gay customers, she reiterated, but object to being forced to participate in a gay wedding, since they don’t believe in gay marriage.

“We’re very hurt and confused and we stood up for what we believe,” she said. “The news just took it totally out of proportion. They lied about it. We said that we would serve anyone that walked in that door, even gays, but we would not condone a wedding. We would not cater that because it’s against our religious beliefs.”

After Indiana Pizzeria Said They Wouldn t Cater Gay Weddings the Backlash Was So Extreme It May Not Be Safe to Re-Open Video TheBlaze.com
:laugh:

Homosexuals and their violent threats, they have always been a angry people.

But, then again I would be angry too if I was a faggot

• Banned
I hope that the pizza place goes broke and the people who are against homosexuals have to end up working for them.

SIX! Six from our in-house comrades who want the Reader to know that they feel that sexual deviancy is superior to the means of Christians to exercise their God-given rights!

Well, I for one can't imagine a better, more complete expression of good old Euro-peon facism that THAT!

And folks... that a little insight into why homosexuals have run to the closet for all BUT the entirety of human existence. They're assholes!

But... In their defense, their people with serious mental disorder. And they should be treated with the respect that such people deserve.

Who else wants to stand up and declare themselves as being advocates of stripping Christians of their rights?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

. We've got SIX now in this little website... how 'bout you sis? You a fascist too? Or do you have some kinship with American principle?

Hmmm, yeah, actually, yes they do. You see, freedom doesn't mean the ability to do only what the mob approves of. It means the ability to even do what the mob (that's assholes like you) doesn't approve of. It especially means the later. Your conception of "freedom" is the exact opposite of what true freedom. It's actually fascism.

That's exactly what you a the queer Gestapo are trying to stop.

Irrelevant.

Quick! Cram those Christians in the closet and lock the door!

That will keep them safe from angry gays.

They can come out, conditionally, when they agree never to discriminate against any one for any reason.

Let's see how they like it!

When these mealy mouthed Christians can still be straight but stop being narrow then maybe they are ready for the 21st century.

If not, not.

Regards from Rosie

Hmmm, yeah, actually, yes they do. You see, freedom doesn't mean the ability to do only what the mob approves of. It means the ability to even do what the mob (that's assholes like you) doesn't approve of. It especially means the later. Your conception of "freedom" is the exact opposite of what true freedom. It's actually fascism.

Irrelevant.
So Gay people, 2% of the population, are a "mob?" :rofl:

Quick! Cram those Christians in the closet and lock the door!

That will keep them safe from angry gays.

They can come out, conditionally, when they agree never to discriminate against any one for any reason.

Let's see how they like it!

When these mealy mouthed Christians can still be straight but stop being narrow then maybe they are ready for the 21st century.

If not, not.

Regards from Rosie

Was the above idiocy supposed to prove something, other than that you're a petulant child?

After Indiana Pizzeria Said They Wouldn’t Cater Gay Weddings, the Backlash Was So Extreme

Of course.

Liberals absolutely cannot stand to have anybody disagree with them.

And they even more strongly object to anybody DOING something that goes against liberal dogma. They will do everything in their power to destroy that Pizza place.

Just as they do every conservative they run into. Liberals feel that conservatives aren't just wrong. They are EVIL, immoral, vicious, dangerous, despicable, and deserve the worst devils in Hell visited upon them... and the liberals are happy to oblige.

Conservatives are well used to that sort of hysteria from liberals, of course, and just laugh it off with the humor it deserves. But this pizza place must have gotten the shock of their lives when the wrath of liberaldom was turned upon them.

It's fun to note that the things liberals feel about conservatives, listed above, actually describe pretty closely what liberals do to conservatives, not the other way around.

Irrelevant.
What do you call this?
CBM5c4PWkAAwRrW.jpg

Of course.

Liberals absolutely cannot stand to have anybody disagree with them.

And they even more strongly object to anybody DOING something that goes against liberal dogma. They will do everything in their power to destroy that Pizza place.

Just as they do every conservative they run into. Liberals feel that conservatives aren't just wrong. They are EVIL, immoral, vicious, dangerous, despicable, and deserve the worst devils in Hell visited upon them... and the liberals are happy to oblige.

Conservatives are well used to that sort of hysteria from liberals, of course, and just laugh it off with the humor it deserves. But this pizza place must have gotten the shock of their lives when the wrath of liberaldom was turned upon them.

It's fun to note that the things liberals feel about conservatives, listed above, actually describe pretty closely what liberals do to conservatives, not the other way around.
I'm sorry that liberals won't tolerate your right to discriminate against Gay people.

Irrelevant.
What do you call this?
CBM5c4PWkAAwRrW.jpg
A bunch of people who are fed up.

By providing pizzas to a gay wedding, that does not mean they condone the wedding or support it. It just means they are in business to sell food, and so they sell it to whomever it is that is willing to pay for it, not just those that they like. This idea that selling a product or a service to a gay couple equates to supporting gay marriage is just absurd.

And I hope the pizzeria flourishes and the gays causing these people to lose their business wind up back in the closet. Enough already. Yes, bigotry and discrimination have no place in the land of the free. Oh. Wait. I'll ask why people can't be allowed to practice their beliefs without being drummed out of business and livelihood. You can't catch stupidity. You're either born that way or not.

Forum List

Back