African-American unemployment at 16 percent

92%+ of Blacks will vote for Obama again. One day a week jobs for minimum wage should not even be counted, but that is what they are counting.

Official unemployment went up to 9.2% = 14,087,000 unemployed. 16.4% among Blacks.

Actual unemployed is 25,250,000 = 18.1% unemployment rate.

I doubt blacks support Democrats in anywhere near the numbers alleged by the LMSM.

Most of the "support" comes from Dem Big City strongholds with robust vote manufacturing machines. There's no way that many people can live in public housing, go to failing public schools and have disastrous economic prospects then say, "yeah, Democrats have been good to me, I'm going to vote to keep my guy representing me and my family"

It's as fake as the manipulated Global Warming data and for the same reasons

92%+ of Blacks will vote for Obama again. One day a week jobs for minimum wage should not even be counted, but that is what they are counting.

Official unemployment went up to 9.2% = 14,087,000 unemployed. 16.4% among Blacks.

I doubt blacks support Democrats in anywhere near the numbers alleged by the LMSM.

Most of the "support" comes from Dem Big City strongholds with robust vote manufacturing machines. There's no way that many people can live in public housing, go to failing public schools and have disastrous economic prospects then say, "yeah, Democrats have been good to me, I'm going to vote to keep my guy representing me and my family"

It's as fake as the manipulated Global Warming data and for the same reasons

They keep naming schools & such after Barack Obama so they will actually think Obama did something for them.

Obama Elementary under construction in Pine lawn

Where on earth are you getting that number from? From Table A-1 of the Employment Situation we see that there are 14,087,000 Unemployed (Did not work during the reference week and actively looked for work in the previous 4 weeks) and 6,537,000 people not working or looking for work who say that they would like a job now. Including them as unemployed would raise the rate to 12.9%. But many of them are not able to take a job right now even if offered..they only hypothetically want a job and are certainly not doing anything about it. But that's still nowhere near 18.1%

Well you ignore and pretend that Republicans dont cheat in elections to keep black people from voting
Um it was the Republicans that pushed for the sufferage for Blacks! And where is any of your prove Republicans keep them from voting? You have none!

Real underemployment is 22.5%

sgs-emp.gif

Shadow Stats
The SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers.

The U-3 unemployment rate is the monthly headline number. The U-6 unemployment rate is the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) broadest unemployment measure, including short-term discouraged and other marginally-attached workers as well as those forced to work part-time because they cannot find full-time employment.

Real underemployment is 22.5%

sgs-emp.gif

Shadow Stats
The SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers.

The U-3 unemployment rate is the monthly headline number. The U-6 unemployment rate is the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) broadest unemployment measure, including short-term discouraged and other marginally-attached workers as well as those forced to work part-time because they cannot find full-time employment.

Let's count the misleading information: " adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994" except that discouraged were NOT part of the Unemployment definition. Prior to 1967 they were included, but at interviewer's discretion.

And adding part time for economic reasons "unemployed?" Seriously? Let's look at how that would work....someone who normally works 38 hours/week has their hours temporarily cut to 34 for the week of the survey. She would be counted as "part time for economic reasons" and included in the U-6 (which is NOT a measure of unemployment). But at the same time someone who works 6 hours a week and does not want a full time job would be counted as employed. Does this really seem sensible to your?

And to get his figures, Williams "estimate" is about 12 million more. That's about double the number of people who say they even want a job but aren't already counted as unemployed. His math doesn't work.

I was at traffic court a few days ago & most people there who had a job only worked 1 day a week & it was not by choice. It was enough however to cause them to be counted as employed.

Note to Obama

images

Joblessness hittin' blacks hard...
:confused:
Black unemployment: Highest in 27 years
September 2, 2011: The unemployment rate for blacks surged to 16.7% in August, its highest rate since 1984, the Labor Department reported Friday.
The August jobs report was dismal for plenty of reasons, but perhaps most striking was the picture it painted of racial inequality in the job market. Black unemployment surged to 16.7% in August, its highest level since 1984, while the unemployment rate for whites fell slightly to 8%, the Labor Department reported. "This month's numbers continue to bear out that longstanding pattern that minorities have a much more challenging time getting jobs," said Bill Rodgers, chief economist with the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development at Rutgers University.

Black unemployment has been roughly double that of whites since the government started tracking the figures in 1972. Economists blame a variety of factors. The black workforce is younger than the white workforce, lower numbers of blacks get a college degree and many live in areas of the country that were harder hit by the recession -- all things that could lead to a higher unemployment rate. But even excluding those factors, blacks still are hit with higher joblessness. "Even when you compare black and white workers, same age range, same education, you still see pretty significant gaps in unemployment rates," said Algernon Austin, director of the Race, Ethnicity, and the Economy program at the Economic Policy Institute. "So I do think the fact of racial discrimination in the labor market continues to play a role."

About 155,000 blacks got jobs in August, but the group's unemployment rate still went up because those jobs weren't enough to make up for all the people who started looking for work during the month. However, the gain for whites of 211,000 jobs was enough to bring their unemployment rate down. Overall, black men have it the worst, with joblessness at a staggeringly high 19.1%, compared to 14.5% for black women.

Black unemployment has now remained above 10% for four straight years, and the given current economic sluggishness, some experts say it's safe to predict the rate will remain above 10% for four more years. "Our job creation is just not happening -- certainly not at the rate necessarily to bring rapid reductions to the unemployment rate," Austin said. Latinos saw their unemployment rate remain unchanged at 11.3% in August. Unemployment remains at 9.1% for the country as a whole.

Source

Why not separate the races?

Then, evil "white supremacists" will have nobody to look down on.
Black bums will have no "whitey" to blame.
Hispanics, Asians, etc... they'll all just have to look at themselves.

Dang.

That's no fun.

I can see why racial separatism is such a controversial idea.

from a Washinton Post article on downward mobility by Pew-

"The new report called the performance of blacks on a key standardized test a factor that accounts for virtually the entire mobility gap separating the races. Black males scored much lower than white males on the Armed Forces Qualification Test, which measures reading comprehension, vocabulary and math ability. “Taking into account differences in AFQT scores between middle-class white and black men reduces the gap until it is statistically indistinguishable from zero,” the report said."

yet another finding that intelligence (or lack of it) has real world consequences. what a novel and ignored concept. blacks are over represent on the unemployment rolls because they are unable and unwilling to get the qualifications necessary to get a job at the same rate as other groups. if blacks were employed at the same rates given their current state of qualification that would show a racially disparate interference in hiring practices.

110% of rednecks voted for Bush. See the connection?

Blacks don't want to work, it's unnatural for them

Really? wonder why I'm at work than.:confused:
you do nothing when you get to work!!you are a lazy waste !!your company can't fire your sorry black ass because of discrimination fears!!there is nothing good or noble about your race!!and we are getting very very tired of ******* in this country!!

Actually, 'we' aren't. But 'we' are running out of patience with the moronic racists.

:eusa_hand: There is No connection. :cuckoo:

:eusa_liar: You are just lying. :eusa_liar:

:eusa_hand: There is No connection. :cuckoo:

:eusa_liar: You are just lying. :eusa_liar:

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but when someone says %110, it is usually meant to be rhetorical. This is one of those times. Therefore I wasn't lying. I was trying to make a point. You obviously missed it.

As a current college student, I agree with your assesment of how we are not earnestly obtaining a secondary education. I do believe that now is the time for there to be serious planning amongst African Americans as to how we are to permenantly come out of poverty as a people.

As a current college student, I agree with your assesment of how we are not earnestly obtaining a secondary education. I do believe that now is the time for there to be serious planning amongst African Americans as to how we are to permenantly come out of poverty as a people.

"you" are not in poverty for the most part.

You likely have:
a refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffeee maker for your kitchen
washer and dryer
two TV's an X box, cable TV and cell phone
two cars, furniture, ceiling fans, air conditioning and all the necessary furniture
clothes, , a house or apt. in decent repair and plenty of room
money enough for medicine, food, booze, entertainment and a joint or two every day

Black people are not that bad off. Most white people do not live in the lap on luxury you imaginne.

I'm a school teacher with two masters degrees. I have worked all my life and have little more than the possessions listed above.

I'll bet you are a 20 something that believes you should have evrything handed to you immediately. Tell me I'm wrong

Last edited:

"you" are not in poverty for the most part.

You likely have:
a refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffeee maker for your kitchen
washer and dryer
two TV's an X box, cable TV and cell phone
two cars, furniture, ceiling fans, air conditioning and all the necessary furniture
clothes, , a house or apt. in decent repair and plenty of room
money enough for medicine, food, booze, entertainment and a joint or two every day

Black people are not that bad off. Most white people do not live in the lap on luxury you imaginne.

I'm a school teacher with two masters degrees. I have worked all my life and have little more than the possessions listed above.

I'll bet you are a 20 something that believes you should have evrything handed to you immediately. Tell me I'm wrong

How in the world would you know if this guy has all that stuff?:confused:

Forum List

Back