African-American unemployment at 16 percent

you all talk about Black people,now what about your own.

I’ll admit, despite having grown up in an area with lots of impoverished white folks, even I didn’t realize the depths of the issues in Appalachia. Children out-of-wedlock, awful graduation rates, incest, generational curses, excessive prescription drug abuse, abysmal heath statistics, rampant crime, broken families, and joblessness abound. If you closed your eyes, you’d swear they were talking about Detroit. It’s all packaged together in a pretty intriguing (albeit depressing) 60 minutes.
blank.png

The thing that sorta pisses you off is how the one hour story is told. ABC’s Diane Sawyer, a Kentuckian (from Louisville, not the hills) herself, tells a well-rendered story of the invisible residents of her homestate with the sort of compassion and restraint seldom afforded when the media depicts poor minorities.

Hope and Change :clap2:

African-American unemployment at 16 percent - CBS News

This president has failed the American people, but particularly the black community.

Far from empowering the black community, under this president more blacks are on food stamps then anytime in history. He has done nothing to promote individual prosperity in the black business community.

No this president attack the Black Chamber of Commerce, because they didn't agree. This president set out to make a new black chamber of commerce :lol:

The black community today is the same as it was 30 years ago

Can you prove this with hard evidence? Sorry, saying "look around you" doesn't work......

I really like the criticism of unemployment in the black community. It's funny, blacks are unemployed but whites lead blacks in being welfare recipients. But I guess that's not a problem right?

I really like the criticism of unemployment in the black community. It's funny, blacks are unemployed but whites lead blacks in being welfare recipients. But I guess that's not a problem right?

I thought you were an educated man?

With blacks representing app. 20 percent of the population and the majority being white, the stats are easily understandable.

Where it becomes disproportionate is in the area of violent crime.

25% of blacks are on welfare.

don't you think that stat is revealing of something?

blastoff, while I agree in principle with your comments, I would suggest that they cover a large percentage of the youth population today, regarless of race. It may be a bigger issue in some of the minority populations but it exists in all of them.

We need to change the mindset of young people. We need to get them to realize that what they do or don't do NOW is going to directly affect what they CAN and CAN'T DO in the future.

At the risk of sounding prejudice the majority of youth today act black or thug like, because they think its cool, so it has more to do with the way blacks protray themselves to the entire country and the music industry simply Exacerbated the problem

25% of blacks are on welfare.

don't you think that stat is revealing of something?

The guy doesn't give a fuck as any critizion of blacks=racist. It isn't anyones fault but the blacks that don't get off their ass to find a job.

Forum List

Back