African-American unemployment at 16 percent

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
Hope and Change :clap2:

African-American unemployment at 16 percent - CBS News

This president has failed the American people, but particularly the black community.

Far from empowering the black community, under this president more blacks are on food stamps then anytime in history. He has done nothing to promote individual prosperity in the black business community.

No this president attack the Black Chamber of Commerce, because they didn't agree. This president set out to make a new black chamber of commerce :lol:

Among blacks there's a high percentage who don't take education seriously. For them school is a place to goof off, socialize, be cool, etc. Once many of them eventually drop out they're not qualified to do anything other than continue that same lifestyle in the streets due to a lack of employable skills. They're authors of their own misfortune and not much Obama or any president can do to help get them employed. Who'd want them?

blastoff, while I agree in principle with your comments, I would suggest that they cover a large percentage of the youth population today, regarless of race. It may be a bigger issue in some of the minority populations but it exists in all of them.

We need to change the mindset of young people. We need to get them to realize that what they do or don't do NOW is going to directly affect what they CAN and CAN'T DO in the future.

This president has failed the American people, but particularly the black community.

Far from empowering the black community, under this president more blacks are on food stamps then anytime in history. He has done nothing to promote individual prosperity in the black business community.

No this president attack the Black Chamber of Commerce, because they didn't agree. This president set out to make a new black chamber of commerce :lol:

This is why I never believe that real black support for Democrats is anywhere near the numbers they claim.

Democrats have given blacks public schools, public housing and record unemployment. The only reason the black support for Democrat numbers turn out as they do is Big Cities are Democrat Vote Manufacturing machines.

Tea Party Candidates need to run as Republican for Charter schools, eliminating the US Dept of "Education" and for free enterprise.

In the immortal words of Dr. Bill Cosby

We Cannot Blame the White People any Longer

By Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.

I can't even talk the way these people talk:
"Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...".
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.

$500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for "Hooked on Phonics."

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18, and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward. Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles (piercings) going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa.

I say this all of the time — it would be like white people saying they are European-American — that is totally stupid.

I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany, Scotland, England, Ireland, or the Netherlands.

The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa — so stop, already!

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap...and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed.

Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' — or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks, have to do a better job.

Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard....

WE CAN'T BLAME WHITE PEOPLE ANY LONGER by Bill Cosby

I have had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Cosby speak in person. He is wonderfully eloquent and his comedy is always laced with as much truth as his truth is with comedy. He is truly a treasure and something to behold if you ever get a chance to see him speak.

This is why I never believe that real black support for Democrats is anywhere near the numbers they claim.

Democrats have given blacks public schools, public housing and record unemployment. The only reason the black support for Democrat numbers turn out as they do is Big Cities are Democrat Vote Manufacturing machines.

Tea Party Candidates need to run as Republican for Charter schools, eliminating the US Dept of "Education" and for free enterprise.

Well you ignore and pretend that Republicans dont cheat in elections to keep black people from voting and have done for decades so your opinions are pretty uninformed.

blastoff, while I agree in principle with your comments, I would suggest that they cover a large percentage of the youth population today, regarless of race. It may be a bigger issue in some of the minority populations but it exists in all of them.

We need to change the mindset of young people. We need to get them to realize that what they do or don't do NOW is going to directly affect what they CAN and CAN'T DO in the future.

Agree. But the thread title specifically noted A - A's. And I'd wager the percentage is larger among them than other groups.

I bet the same cons who defend and perpitrate voter suppession of black people have just as much commitment to NOT hiring black people.

That can add to their high unemployment numbers alot.

There seems to be pleanty of voter supression by republicans for decades now.

[Agree. But the thread title specifically noted A - A's. And I'd wager the percentage is larger among them than other groups.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on that, but it's not solely an A-A issue and I think we do need to keep that in mind.

I bet the same cons who defend and perpitrate voter suppession of black people have just as much commitment to NOT hiring black people.

That can add to their high unemployment numbers alot.

There seems to be pleanty of voter supression by republicans for decades now.

Voter Suppression? It's voter suppression to expect someone to be able to prove they are who they claim to be in order to cast a ballot in an election? Trust me, I'm ALL FOR suppressing about 85-90% of American voters, regardless of demographics but voter ID has nothing to do with that.

As for hiring black people.... IF I ever ran a business, the first thing I would be doing is running SSN's through a background check. Nobody with a criminal history would be getting hired. Regardless of demographics.

Well you ignore and pretend that Republicans dont cheat in elections to keep black people from voting and have done for decades so your opinions are pretty uninformed.

“I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.” -- LBJ, Democrat President

"There are white *******. I've seen a lot of white ******* in my time." -- Robert Byrd, KKK Grand Kleagle and Democrat Senate Majority Leader

I don't hear a lot of folks in the black community bitching about it. Perhaps that's what they want, more government cheese.

And that has what to do with the topic?

You are proof positive that liberals are STUPID!

Blacks don't want to work, it's unnatural for them

this post is so lame for so many reasons. I want to wrap your head with a ratchet.

92%+ of Blacks will vote for Obama again. One day a week jobs for minimum wage should not even be counted, but that is what they are counting.

Official unemployment went up to 9.2% = 14,087,000 unemployed. 16.4% among Blacks.

Actual unemployed is 25,250,000 = 18.1% unemployment rate.

Forum List

Back