African-American unemployment at 16 percent

While White and Hispanic unemployment rate remained the same (which I am not confident it did), Black unemployment rate went up nearly a full point!

When are Blacks going to wake up and see that the best leader is not one that promises handouts and freebies that crumbs from that fall off the table, rather one who helps construct the environment were as many people as possible, through hard work, can get a seat at the table???

Black unemployment rate rises to 14.4% in June - Jul. 6, 2012
The unemployment rate for blacks rose to 14.4% from 13.6% in May, the Labor Department reported Friday. That's a sharp contrast to the white unemployment rate, which stayed put at 7.4%, and the Hispanic rate, which held at 11%.

Blacks don't want to work, it's unnatural for them

Really? wonder why I'm at work than.:confused:
you do nothing when you get to work!!you are a lazy waste !!your company can't fire your sorry black ass because of discrimination fears!!there is nothing good or noble about your race!!and we are getting very very tired of ******* in this country!!

I usually don't respond to stupid posts like this but High Gravity has shown to be nothing but a stand up man with valuable input to this web site. Why pick on him? I know he can defend himself but geez, give it a break.

Young people, especially blacks, have been hit hard for the past few years in the job market. There are few jobs for them and college admissions are getting to be very competitive. My high school students number about 85 percent non-white. I work with them on skills that make them more comptetive in the working world and academic world. One of the first things I tell them is that it is not always about racism. When applying for a job, college, or an internship, they need to look, talk, and act like they actually want the position. A good resume, dress for success, and speaking professionally is the key to getting what one wants. I write lots of recommendation letters every school year and have been very successful. I have helped kids get into medical honors programs, pre-pharmacy, internships at the National Zoo, and just plain old jobs to help with the family finances. I'm not looking for a pat on the back but saying that shit's tough out there, but with the right attitude and preparation, people of all ages and colors can get what they are looking for.

Last edited:
Really? wonder why I'm at work than.:confused:
you do nothing when you get to work!!you are a lazy waste !!your company can't fire your sorry black ass because of discrimination fears!!there is nothing good or noble about your race!!and we are getting very very tired of ******* in this country!!

I usually don't respond to stupid posts like this but High Gravity has shown to be nothing but a stand up man with valuable input to this web site. Why pick on him? I know he can defend himself but geez, give it a break.

Yidnar is just a racist moron, he hates Blacks and thinks all of us are the same way.

Yidnar is just a racist moron, he hates Blacks and thinks all of us are the same way.

I know. Fortunately, most people of all flavors miss the stereotype and are more alike than not.

Young people, especially blacks, have been hit hard for the past few years in the job market. There are few jobs for them and college admissions are getting to be very competitive. My high school students number about 85 percent non-white. I work with them on skills that make them more comptetive in the working world and academic world. One of the first things I tell them is that it is not always about racism. When applying for a job, college, or an internship, they need to look, talk, and act like they actually want the position. A good resume, dress for success, and speaking professionally is the key to getting what one wants. I write lots of recommendation letters every school year and have been very successful. I have helped kids get into medical honors programs, pre-pharmacy, internships at the National Zoo, and just plain old jobs to help with the family finances. I'm not looking for a pat on the back but saying that shit's tough out there, but with the right attitude and preparation, people of all ages and colors can get what they are looking for.

We've gotta create a better system that promotes more opportunities; nobody is going to bust ass if they don't see a chance to build a better life. That's on all of us to do that, and make sure there's no discrimination or mistreatment. Beyond that, I think it's up to the black community to adopt some paradigm shifts; they're going to have to get in the game.

As a current college student, I agree with your assesment of how we are not earnestly obtaining a secondary education. I do believe that now is the time for there to be serious planning amongst African Americans as to how we are to permenantly come out of poverty as a people.

Learn both a Skill and a Trade. Don't rely on platitudes or false promises. It is very hard to con an honest person. Don't let anyone steal that away.

As a current college student, I agree with your assesment of how we are not earnestly obtaining a secondary education. I do believe that now is the time for there to be serious planning amongst African Americans as to how we are to permenantly come out of poverty as a people.

I wish you the best of luck! I think a lot of people, no matter their color could benefit from these words by Harry Browne:

A Gift for My Daughter

by Harry Browne

December 25, 1966

(This article was originally published as a syndicated newspaper column, dedicated to my 9-year-old daughter.)

It’s Christmas and I have the usual problem of deciding what to give you. I know you might enjoy many things — books, games, clothes.

But I’m very selfish. I want to give you something that will stay with you for more than a few months or years. I want to give you a gift that might remind you of me every Christmas.

If I could give you just one thing, I’d want it to be a simple truth that took me many years to learn. If you learn it now, it may enrich your life in hundreds of ways. And it may prevent you from facing many problems that have hurt people who have never learned it.

The truth is simply this:

No one owes you anything.

Significance

How could such a simple statement be important? It may not seem so, but understanding it can bless your entire life.

It means that no one else is living for you, my child. Because no one is you. Each person is living for himself; his own happiness is all he can ever personally feel.

When you realize that no one owes you happiness or anything else, you’ll be freed from expecting what isn’t likely to be.

It means no one has to love you. If someone loves you, it’s because there’s something special about you that gives him happiness. Find out what that something special is and try to make it stronger in you, so that you’ll be loved even more.

When people do things for you, it’s because they want to — because you, in some way, give them something meaningful that makes them want to please you, not because anyone owes you anything.

No one has to like you. If your friends want to be with you, it’s not out of duty. Find out what makes others happy so they’ll want to be near you.

No one has to respect you. Some people may even be unkind to you. But once you realize that people don’t have to be good to you, and may not be good to you, you’ll learn to avoid those who would harm you. For you don’t owe them anything either.

Living your Life

You owe it to yourself to be the best person possible. Because if you are, others will want to be with you, want to provide you with the things you want in exchange for what you’re giving to them.

Some people will choose not to be with you for reasons that have nothing to do with you. When that happens, look elsewhere for the relationships you want. Don’t make someone else’s problem your problem.

Once you learn that you must earn the love and respect of others, you’ll never expect the impossible and you won’t be disappointed. Others don’t have to share their property with you, nor their feelings or thoughts.

If they do, it’s because you’ve earned these things. And you have every reason to be proud of the love you receive, your friends’ respect, the property you’ve earned. But don’t ever take them for granted. If you do, you could lose them. They’re not yours by right; you must always earn them.

My Experience

A great burden was lifted from my shoulders the day I realized that no one owes me anything. For so long as I’d thought there were things I was entitled to, I’d been wearing myself out — physically and emotionally — trying to collect them.

No one owes me moral conduct, respect, friendship, love, courtesy, or intelligence.
And once I recognized that, all my relationships became far more satisfying. I’ve focused on being with people who want to do the things I want them to do.

That understanding has served me well with friends, business associates, lovers, sales prospects, and strangers. It constantly reminds me that I can get what I want only if I can enter the other person’s world. I must try to understand how he thinks, what he believes to be important, what he wants. Only then can I appeal to someone in ways that will bring me what I want.

And only then can I tell whether I really want to be involved with someone. And I can save the important relationships for those with whom I have the most in common.

It’s not easy to sum up in a few words what has taken me years to learn. But maybe if you re-read this gift each Christmas, the meaning will become a little clearer every year.

I hope so, for I want more than anything else for you to understand this simple truth that can set you free: no one owes you anything.

SOURCE

This is why I never believe that real black support for Democrats is anywhere near the numbers they claim.

Democrats have given blacks public schools, public housing and record unemployment. The only reason the black support for Democrat numbers turn out as they do is Big Cities are Democrat Vote Manufacturing machines.

Tea Party Candidates need to run as Republican for Charter schools, eliminating the US Dept of "Education" and for free enterprise.

Well you ignore and pretend that Republicans dont cheat in elections to keep black people from voting and have done for decades so your opinions are pretty uninformed.

“I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.” -- LBJ, Democrat President

"There are white *******. I've seen a lot of white ******* in my time." -- Robert Byrd, KKK Grand Kleagle and Democrat Senate Majority Leader

What is you definition of a "******"?

While White and Hispanic unemployment rate remained the same (which I am not confident it did), Black unemployment rate went up nearly a full point!

When are Blacks going to wake up and see that the best leader is not one that promises handouts and freebies that crumbs from that fall off the table, rather one who helps construct the environment were as many people as possible, through hard work, can get a seat at the table???

The unemployment rate for blacks rose to 14.4% from 13.6% in May, the Labor Department reported Friday. That's a sharp contrast to the white unemployment rate, which stayed put at 7.4%, and the Hispanic rate, which held at 11%.

WHy didn't you call them *******? That is what you call black posters when you neg rep them?

"you" are not in poverty for the most part.

You likely have:
a refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffeee maker for your kitchen
washer and dryer
two TV's an X box, cable TV and cell phone
two cars, furniture, ceiling fans, air conditioning and all the necessary furniture
clothes, , a house or apt. in decent repair and plenty of room
money enough for medicine, food, booze, entertainment and a joint or two every day

Black people are not that bad off. Most white people do not live in the lap on luxury you imaginne.

I'm a school teacher with two masters degrees. I have worked all my life and have little more than the possessions listed above.

I'll bet you are a 20 something that believes you should have evrything handed to you immediately. Tell me I'm wrong

How in the world would you know if this guy has all that stuff?:confused:

what are the chances this "poor black college student" doesn't have all those things and more or at least come from a family with all that and more?

I'll take that bet and win 99% of the time.

"you" are not in poverty for the most part.

You likely have:
a refrigerator, stove, microwave and coffeee maker for your kitchen
washer and dryer
two TV's an X box, cable TV and cell phone
two cars, furniture, ceiling fans, air conditioning and all the necessary furniture
clothes, , a house or apt. in decent repair and plenty of room
money enough for medicine, food, booze, entertainment and a joint or two every day

Black people are not that bad off. Most white people do not live in the lap on luxury you imaginne.

I'm a school teacher with two masters degrees. I have worked all my life and have little more than the possessions listed above.

I'll bet you are a 20 something that believes you should have evrything handed to you immediately. Tell me I'm wrong

How in the world would you know if this guy has all that stuff?:confused:

what are the chances this "poor black college student" doesn't have all those things and more or at least come from a family with all that and more?

I'll take that bet and win 99% of the time.

He probably broke in to steal some:redface:

Ole skidmark is a pizza delivery man,dont make much always getting chased away from the person's home who bought the pizza.I can see why he's mad.

Learn both a Skill and a Trade. Don't rely on platitudes or false promises. It is very hard to con an honest person. Don't let anyone steal that away.

That is great advice. Going to college used to give you the edge to get that better job. So much now. Then going to grad-school was supposed to put you over the top. No so much nowadays. You hear the stories of people taking that MBA off their resume, because they don't want the recruiter to X them off right away viewing them as "too" qualified!

Getting an undergrad diploma is a start, but learning the niche that separates you from the pack is key also.

WHy didn't you call them *******? That is what you call black posters when you neg rep them?

Slander much?

I have one question where is this 16% supposed to be happenning,cause it aint happenning in NJ.

He's a big bad azz saying the N-word on a message board.But lets see how bad he wants to be,go ut to a Black neighborhood and call somone an N-word.Lets see what happens eh?

Many blacks dropped out of the work force in 1974 & never came back.

fredgraph.png

Forum List

Back