African-American GIs of WWII: Fighting for democracy abroad and at home

Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.

The worst part was when they came home
Officers and NCOs used to responsibility. War heroes who risked everything for their country

They expected to be welcomed home with respect for their service. Instead, they were ordered to the back of the bus

Led to the Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s
Led to the second half of the baby boomer white males being denied good jobs in the 1970's and at least half the1980's. Not a word though. And many were smarter then the quotas hired.

Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.

Officers and NCOs used to responsibility. War heroes who risked everything for their country

They expected to be welcomed home with respect for their service. Instead, they were ordered to the back of the bus

Led to the second half of the baby boomer white males being denied good jobs in the 1970's and at least half the1980's. Not a word though. And many were smarter then the quotas hired.

Please tell me you are kidding.

we all already know what happened
and the racism they experienced
the Tuskegee airman being the most famous American warriors
but i know the white man probably won it on your backs( eyes rollin)

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

Those black soldiers made the sacrifice so that Kap could use his right as an American to protest.
Indeed, but Kap is still a douchebag for doing it.
kap hes a loser ,a failure, and a cop out
the oppressed millionaire ball player of the national felon league :21:

View attachment 264279
big nike contract for the useful idiot masses
worse than the leftwing activist fags
View attachment 264278
Kap fought for what he believed in

Cost him his career

White males had the highest employment rates in the 70s and 80s

They just had to allow someone else a chance

There is no way that FDR should have sent a Jim Crow Army to Europe to fight WWII.

He could have easily ordered the complete integration of the troops, so that when we saw the invasion of Normandy, honky and black troops would be side to side with women, trannies, drag queens and people with all kinds of non-binary sex preference all on the beach together.
Fascinating.

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

Those black soldiers made the sacrifice so that Kap could use his right as an American to protest.

View attachment 264279
View attachment 264278

Cost him his career
Rightly so. Shitting on our country isnt a smart business move.

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

View attachment 264279
View attachment 264278

Cost him his career

How did he shit on his country?

/——/ Thank DemocRAT Woodrow Wilson for segregating the military.

/——/ Thank DemocRAT Woodrow Wilson for segregating the military.

Do I need to thank Harry Truman a DemocRAT for desegregating the military as well.

And the list of Jews who financed the colonists is read everyday on CNN.

Ok and what does that have to do with black soldiers not being honored for their sacrifice in WWII?

They are veterans as well, are they not?

So when veterans are celebrated that also includes African American veterans as well, and female veterans, and white veterans, and gay veterans and oriental veterans, etc...….

2,000 out of possibly 10,000 who died that day were African-American
A far higher percentage than their share of the general population.
African Americans tend to go into the infantry for some reason.

When I went 11B in 1978, about half the infantrymen I served with were blacks. About half the remainer were Hispanic.

By the time I got out in 1983, it was 70% white.

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

View attachment 264279
View attachment 264278

Cost him his career
He didn’t shit on our country

He stood up for blacks who were being killed whose life didn’t matter

When I went 11B in 1978, about half the infantrymen I served with were blacks. About half the remainer were Hispanic.

I don’t think blacks get many choices outside of infantry

I don’t think blacks get many choices outside of infantry
Gun bunny....

there were hundreds of thousands of white men that were not recognised
lot's of whites were not honored/remembered/etc
they did their duty--some died...some maimed for life
do you hear them complaining?

what you are yakking about IS whining
you are a racist

Last edited:
there were hundreds of thousands of white men that were not recognised
lot's of whites were not honored/remembered/etc
they did their duty--some died...some maimed for life
do you hear them complaining?

what you are yakking about IS whining
you are a racist
Those whites came home as heroes with good paying jobs and benefits

Black soldiers came home and were reminded to go to the back of the bus

And the list of Jews who financed the colonists is read everyday on CNN.

Ok and what does that have to do with black soldiers not being honored for their sacrifice in WWII?

They are veterans as well, are they not?

So when veterans are celebrated that also includes African American veterans as well, and female veterans, and white veterans, and gay veterans and oriental veterans, etc...….

Of course they are veterans, but they are not celebrated and honored in the same manner as their white counterparts. I am pretty sure you know that though.

FDR Hated negros! He wouldn't even shake Jesse Owen's hand! Was he afraid of the black rubbing off??

Forum List

Back