African-American GIs of WWII: Fighting for democracy abroad and at home

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.

we all already know what happened
and the racism they experienced
the Tuskegee airman being the most famous American warriors
but i know the white man probably won it on your backs( eyes rollin)

bz-5cf9a11ad9bb2.jpeg

bz-5cf9d90b02514.jpeg

bq-5cab5b0451aa3.jpeg

Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.

Mostly I agree.

In some corners here its definitely not lost on me that even a decade later the "Band of Brothers" was sent out again by Eisenhower to intimidate a National Guard and get the kids of the "Tukogee Airmen" into school in Little Rock.

In other corners, my ignorant racist co-workers and neighbors embarrass me.

The worst part was when they came home
Officers and NCOs used to responsibility. War heroes who risked everything for their country

They expected to be welcomed home with respect for their service. Instead, they were ordered to the back of the bus

Led to the Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

Those black soldiers made the sacrifice so that Kap could use his right as an American to protest.
I would never put them down
a lot of them wanted to fight on the front lines they were mostly relegated to support and logistics ...it was a different time... and like you guys said when they came home they were relegated to the back of the bus

today if it happened id say ya know wtf .
its just so wrong

i wasnt alive then ..i dindunuffin
both of my granfathers who i had the pleasure of knowing both fought
I had a great uncle on my fathers side who never came home ...my grandpas brother ...never knew him
i have a picture of him and my granpa in uniform ...sittin at a bar ...it must run in the family

be careful demonizing the modern American white man for your lefttarded masters of today
it will not end well for anyone

We honor all our brothers in arms, past and present:

Medal of Honor Recipients - African American World War II

We do not honor historical revisionism, which Google is rife with. Pay honor where honor is due, shame where it is not.

In the Capitol Rotunda here today, President Bush and Congress awarded the Congressional Gold Medal to the Tuskegee Airmen, more than 60 years after the 332nd Fighter Group's World War II achievements that were made bittersweet by the racial discrimination they endured after returning home.

"I thank you for the honor you have brought to our country, and the medal you are about to receive means that our country honors you," Bush said to the roughly 300-member audience of surviving airmen, Tuskegee Airmen widows and other relatives, before presenting the congressional award.

Bush said he has a strong interest in World War II airmen because one raised him.

"(My father) flew with a group of brave young men who endured difficult times in the defense of our country. Yet for all they sacrificed and all they lost, in a way they were very fortunate," he said. "They never had the burden of having their every mission, their every success, their every failure viewed through the color of their skin; ... nobody refused their salutes."

The Tuskegee Airmen fought two wars -- one in the European theater and another in the hearts and minds of the nation's citizens, he said.

Saying he wanted to "offer a gesture to help atone for all the unreturned salutes and unforgivable indignities," Bush held his straightened right hand to his brow and saluted the airmen. After returning his salute, the airmen remained standing and applauded.

Speaking on behalf of the Tuskegee Airmen, Dr. Roscoe Brown, a former commander of the 100th Fighter Squadron, 332nd Fighter Group, thanked Bush and the House and Senate for "voting unanimously to award this medal collectively to the pilots, bombardiers, the navigators, the mechanics, the ground officers, the enlisted men and women who served with the Tuskegee Airmen."

"Over 60 years ago we were flying in the skies over Europe defending our country, and at the same time fighting the battle against racial segregation," he said. "Because of our great record and our persistence, we inspired revolutionary reform which led to integration in the armed forces in 1948. As the president said, (this) provided a symbol for America that all people can contribute to this country and be treated fairly."

President, Congress Honor Tuskegee Airmen

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

Those black soldiers made the sacrifice so that Kap could use his right as an American to protest.
I would never put them down
a lot of them wanted to fight on the front lines they were mostly relegated to support and logistics ...it was a different time... and like you guys said when they came home they were relegated to the back of the bus

today if it happened id say ya know wtf .
its just so wrong

i wasnt alive then ..i dindunuffin
both of my granfathers who i had the pleasure of knowing both fought
I had a great uncle on my fathers side who never came home ...my grandpas brother ...never knew him
i have a picture of him and my granpa in uniform ...sittin at a bar ...it must run in the family

be careful demonizing the modern American white man for your lefttarded masters of today
it will not end well for anyone

Blow it out your ass. Many of those men fought as well and to this day they have not been given the honor they so deeply deserve. That is what I am speaking of.

We do not honor historical revisionism, which Google is rife with. Pay honor where honor is due, shame where it is not.

Then why aren't many of these men recieving the honor they are long over due.

In the Capitol Rotunda here today, President Bush and Congress awarded the Congressional Gold Medal to the Tuskegee Airmen, more than 60 years after the 332nd Fighter Group's World War II achievements that were made bittersweet by the racial discrimination they endured after returning home.

"I thank you for the honor you have brought to our country, and the medal you are about to receive means that our country honors you," Bush said to the roughly 300-member audience of surviving airmen, Tuskegee Airmen widows and other relatives, before presenting the congressional award.

Bush said he has a strong interest in World War II airmen because one raised him.

"(My father) flew with a group of brave young men who endured difficult times in the defense of our country. Yet for all they sacrificed and all they lost, in a way they were very fortunate," he said. "They never had the burden of having their every mission, their every success, their every failure viewed through the color of their skin; ... nobody refused their salutes."

The Tuskegee Airmen fought two wars -- one in the European theater and another in the hearts and minds of the nation's citizens, he said.

Saying he wanted to "offer a gesture to help atone for all the unreturned salutes and unforgivable indignities," Bush held his straightened right hand to his brow and saluted the airmen. After returning his salute, the airmen remained standing and applauded.

Speaking on behalf of the Tuskegee Airmen, Dr. Roscoe Brown, a former commander of the 100th Fighter Squadron, 332nd Fighter Group, thanked Bush and the House and Senate for "voting unanimously to award this medal collectively to the pilots, bombardiers, the navigators, the mechanics, the ground officers, the enlisted men and women who served with the Tuskegee Airmen."

"Over 60 years ago we were flying in the skies over Europe defending our country, and at the same time fighting the battle against racial segregation," he said. "Because of our great record and our persistence, we inspired revolutionary reform which led to integration in the armed forces in 1948. As the president said, (this) provided a symbol for America that all people can contribute to this country and be treated fairly."

President, Congress Honor Tuskegee Airmen

in 48 the military even knew it was wrong and reformed
ahead of their time

Then why aren't many of these men recieving the honor they are long over due.

yep keep that anger and hatred going.thats what your white lefty masters want .
THATS exactly what they want from you .

oh jesus christ they received the nations highest honor
they have my respect
They obviously dont have yours as youre now using them as a prop and a crutch
YOURE not half the man those guys were

go cry to one of your white lefttarded masters .i think they'll up your food stamp ration for it.
congrats i now think of you as just another one of the white lefts good little slaves

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

Indeed, but Kap is still a douchebag for doing it.

There is no way that FDR should have sent a Jim Crow Army to Europe to fight WWII.

He could have easily ordered the complete integration of the troops, so that when we saw the invasion of Normandy, honky and black troops would be side to side with women, trannies, drag queens and people with all kinds of non-binary sex preference all on the beach together.

I've met some of the Red Tails (Tuskegee Airmen). They were great pilots, and were great Americans. It was a travesty what happened to them when they returned to find a segregated REPUBLIC (we are not a Democracy, they were fighting for our Republic collection of States).

However, things changed two short years later in 1947 when the Armed Services were integrated. How about we focus on the positives we've made in the last 75 years instead of dwelling on long ago past negatives?

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

kap hes a loser ,a failure, and a cop out
the oppressed millionaire ball player of the national felon league :21:

1dumbasses.jpeg

big nike contract for the useful idiot masses
worse than the leftwing activist fags
Capturedoggo.JPG

There is no way that FDR should have sent a Jim Crow Army to Europe to fight WWII.

He could have easily ordered the complete integration of the troops, so that when we saw the invasion of Normandy, honky and black troops would be side to side with women, trannies, drag queens and people with all kinds of non-binary sex preference all on the beach together.

Pure racist stupidity and the fools who that stupid shit funny.

View attachment 264264
View attachment 264262

View attachment 264265

kap hes a loser ,a failure, and a cop out
the oppressed millionaire ball player of the national felon league :21:

View attachment 264279
big nike contract for the useful idiot masses
worse than the leftwing activist fags
View attachment 264278

Can't stop Haters from hating, so hate on.

New Topics

Forum List

Back