Horrible Job Creation In May

"Holds at 3.6".

That's three point six. Full employment.
:rolleyes:

but what happened to all the jobs that the 40% republican tax cut for corporations was suppose to create?

they pocketed the money

DID NOT create jobs with it, as we were lied to, and told would happen.

Only 75 thousand non farm jobs created in May.

Only 27 thousand private jobs were created.

I hope this isn't a trend.

U.S. economy adds disappointing 75,000 jobs in May, unemployment rate holds at 3.6%
Let me see. The job fiqures go up and down even as seasons change. Fiqures change as the number of people available to fill them change.

I seem to remember so many crazies yelling the economy would crash when Trump was nominated.
Again when Trump was elected. Again when Trump took the oath of office. Many times there has been even the slightest downturn in the stock market, job numbers, unemployment numbers, the sun being clouded over.

Excuse me if I don't start running around yelling the sky is falling over a slight slowdown whose numbers might be revised upward in a few weeks or a month later.

"Holds at 3.6".

but what happened to all the jobs that the 40% republican tax cut for corporations was suppose to create?

they pocketed the money

"Full employment" did a fly-by, I see.
My contention is that it's full unemployment and the same percentage of UE, BECAUSE we are not creating NEW jobs at a higher clip, Billy.

"Holds at 3.6".

they pocketed the money

"Full employment" did a fly-by, I see.
My contention is that it's full unemployment and the same percentage of UE, BECAUSE we are not creating NEW jobs at a higher clip, Billy.

Gott im Himmel ...

U.S. economy adds disappointing 75,000 jobs in May, unemployment rate holds at 3.6%
Well, we are in uncharted territory here. We've never had unemployment this low before. These numbers seem to always get adjusted up or down anyway.

We usually just anticipate about 80,000 jobs, to account for the usual ebb and flow within the market, due to people's inclination to switch jobs or just relocate to a new geographical location.

I'm not worried.

If wages would rise, substantially, it could get the people who simply r
I think the China Tariffs have slowed business's future prospects as well.

The Great DJT is willing to take on the "hard" problems the last four lazy bastards simply let fester like the boils on Nadlers arse.
I'm glad he decided to take it on... I just differ with his method... anyone previous to him could have done tariffs as well, easy peasy.... but they would never ever want to hurt Americans the way Trump has done, thus those other 4 chose wisely.

So far, Trump has paid 28 billion to farmers in financial aid to help them due to these China tariffs, but they are still dropping like flies and filing bankruptcies left and right.... and have lost business, that will NEVER return, even after tariffs end, because they found other sources to buy from, like with Soybeans.... and Maine has gotten killed on Lobster sales to China, the Chinese are buying them from Canada instead.

He needed $5 billion for a Wall, but is spending $28 billion so far in bail outs to them, in trying to keep USA farmers afloat, due to these tariffs....where is his priorities?

Hope it isn't a trend my ass.

You bed wetters would welcome a nuclear holocaust if you could find a way to blame it on Trump.

It's just a saturation point.... A plateau to the next step. Similar to a snake shedding it's skin.

Jo

they pocketed the money

How can you make that statement, while in the same breath acknowledging that we do indeed have 3.6% unemployment?

Your assessment of greedy corporations pocketing the money and not creating jobs is just silly, the unemployment figure is a testament to that alone.

Employee wages are rising too, so employers are passing on the tax cuts to their employees.

From the New York Times, no less: Why Wages Are Finally Rising, 10 Years After the Recession - May 2019

For years it was the central question in an otherwise impressive recovery by the American job market: Why aren’t wages rising faster?

“We’ve spent several years going, ‘Where is the wage growth? Where is the wage growth?’” said Martha Gimbel, an economist for the job-search site Indeed. “And it turns out we just had to wait a few years for the labor market to get tighter.”

The recent gains are going to those who need it most. Over the past year, low-wage workers have experienced the fastest pay increases, a shift from earlier in the recovery, when wage growth was concentrated at the top.

Why are wages increasing, because employers no longer fear Obama's boot, or the boot of his hostile regulators, on their necks.

Small Business Optimism Index Gains in April, Beating Forecast Range May 2019

The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Small Business Optimism Index gained a solid 1.7 points in April to 103.5, an elevated reading that beat the high end of the forecast range. The consensus forecast was looking for a more modest gain to 102.4.

Last edited:
I think it was last Jan or Feb the jobs report was lousy and the left lost their collective minds and the next month it came roaring back.

One month is not a trend.

Horrible? I know they expect more from a republican administration but in Hussein's 2nd year in office there was zero job growth in May except for the temporary census workers hired by the government.

they pocketed the money

How can you make that statement, while in the same breath acknowledging that we do indeed have 3.6% unemployment?

Your assessment of greedy corporations pocketing the money and not creating jobs is just silly, the unemployment figure is a testament to that alone.

Employee wages are rising too, so employers are passing on the tax cuts to their employees.

From the New York Times, no less: Why Wages Are Finally Rising, 10 Years After the Recession - May 2019

For years it was the central question in an otherwise impressive recovery by the American job market: Why aren’t wages rising faster?

“We’ve spent several years going, ‘Where is the wage growth? Where is the wage growth?’” said Martha Gimbel, an economist for the job-search site Indeed. “And it turns out we just had to wait a few years for the labor market to get tighter.”

The recent gains are going to those who need it most. Over the past year, low-wage workers have experienced the fastest pay increases, a shift from earlier in the recovery, when wage growth was concentrated at the top.

Why are wages increasing, because employers no longer fear Obama's boot, or the boot of his hostile regulators, on their necks.

Small Business Optimism Index Gains in April, Beating Forecast Range May 2019

The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Small Business Optimism Index gained a solid 1.7 points in April to 103.5, an elevated reading that beat the high end of the forecast range. The consensus forecast was looking for a more modest gain to 102.4.
The 75,000 are NEW JOBS CREATED..... growth in the economic future of this nation....

granted, it is only 1 month and it could pick up next month, but so far this year, we are running about 100,000 less a month, than last year, in NEW JOBS CREATED.....over what we had last year

to me, that shows businesses shying back, on the future of our economy.... on economic growth.

Forum List

Back