Afghanistan: Why?

Feb 9, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
WTF are we really doing in Afghanistan and why? Rhetorical somewhat but valid query. They have done nothing to us. No Afghani was involved with 911. No Afghani has ever shed harm on anything or anyone in the USA.

READ:
The Debate: Did oil influence America's decision to invade Afghanistan? Were the true motives for war declared? Read our detailed report and sign the online petition for a public statement from the American government. TheDebate.org - Debating curren

On a personal note, as a contract archaeologist and artist I've been in and through Afghanistan 4 times over these past 30 years of global travels.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...367440352_100000759716724_417117_230771_n.jpg
Outside Farah Afghanistan, 2006, me and VEX

In Afghanistan the people and country is just killer cool. They love anything different and foreign like me and VEX. I met Saari there, 28 and she had never met a white person before, an American and had never ever rode in a vehicle of any kind. I toured with her in VEX for the 3 weeks I was there the 2nd time and we had a blast. Her family and dad treated me like gold and because I was a "non-person" for not being there, she did not have to wear her burka which she loved.

Their camels are the best camels for riding and traveling of all the camels I've dealt with other than when they spit on you. Normal. The ones in Mali, Timbuktu, are better but not by much.

Then, as time wore on and I had crammed myself with their food there, it was heartbreaking when I had to leave. Awful. It was so much like rural south America in so many ways and touched me greatly.

Their food is awesome as they eat a hot hot pepper and I love peppers and anything fiery hot and once they found this out she cooked for me often and the pemmicin type food and crushed dates in goat butter and honey was out of this world. The pemmicin was a pressed and semi dried jerky like meat in little thin slabs, smoked, made from goat and beef and was so addictive They were very amused I ate such hot hot peppers and explained to them on the other side of the world how the Mexican's eat and that it was my favorite food. They loved it.

Saari and her family were wonderful and the whole culture loves what they know of USA and it saddened me so when we invaded and began tearing the place asunder.

To this day, it makes no sense and I am shamed of my country for what it is doing and what it has done.

Just some thoughts from the ground, on our unfathomable adventurism we are engaged in as a culture, in a place we do not belong and that has done nothing whatsoever to us, ever.....

Hope you are well, Saari maiden, be well dear heart.... from your Indiana Jones....

Behold. Comments welcome.

Robert

Last edited:

Forum List

Back